Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto, May 5th [MGM Las Vegas]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

who takes it?

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
awesome fight, Cotto definitely gets no shame in that loss, he always came forward, but Mayweather showed why he's the best defensive fighter alive.

p.s. I fuckin hate Larry Merchant's old ass, lol @ the British hosts on the stream making fun of Larry Merchant after he got done talking to Floyd.

Apr 20, 2005
cotto only did ok cuz floyd let him. all of cottos good punches were when floyd LET himself get trapped in the corners. i dont understand y fighters dont go all out swingin when floyd purposely goes to the corner. cotto was actually lucky that floyd let him get some free shots in them corners. cuz if this fight stayed in the middle of the ring. cotto wouldve have suffered a concusion

May 6, 2002
all of cottos good punches were when floyd LET himself get trapped in the corners. i dont understand y fighters dont go all out swingin when floyd purposely goes to the corner. cotto was actually lucky that floyd let him get some free shots in them corners. cuz if this fight stayed in the middle of the ring. cotto wouldve have suffered a concusion
So it has nothing to do with cutting the ring off?
Also the fact that when Floyd got out of the corner, Cotto just grabbed him and walked him right back in there.
Floyd must be a pretty nice guy.

116-112 Mayweather

Apr 7, 2004
Cotto put up a good fight straight up.. When's the last time a fighter won three to maybe four round on mayweather? And at that two rounds in a row? Shit when's the last time floyd was leaking with the dummy look on his face? It was a hell of a fight and my boy floyd came out on top. Just imaging a pac-man fight that shit would be classic.

Apr 20, 2005
So it has nothing to do with cutting the ring off?
Also the fact that when Floyd got out of the corner, Cotto just grabbed him and walked him right back in there.
Floyd must be a pretty nice guy.

116-112 Mayweather
cutting the ring off? i really believe that floyd was letting himself stay in the corner at times. maybe a few of them were due to cotto cutting the ring off. yes. floyd was a very nice guy in this fight. if cotto was smart, he wouldve threw more punches and kept mayweather in the corners longer

Feb 12, 2004
Fight was a waste of money. Nobody came to "fight". The free UFC event shitted on the boxing ppv event. Who really thought slow ass Cotto had a chance? Cotto is a nice technical boxer, but the his style is not meant to break the philly shell. His footwork and punches come super slow. The only thing that kept him in the fight is that he is a tough sob. The sport of boxing is fucking hot garbage atm. Canelo is the next big thing boxing has? LMFAO. And this is coming from someone who has spent the last 8 years boxing in the gym and loving the actual technical aspect of the sport.

Feb 12, 2004
No, it's really not.

Obviously I don't expect fools who have never stepped in a ring or boxed on the mats to know what im speaking on. This shit is straight trash. Mayweather outclasses every single fighter he boxes. Yeah, we all want to see the big fight. But both of these fools are getting old and are getting slow. It was funny seeing Mayweather countering Cotto, yet not looking nearly as fast as he usually does. Cotto is a really good boxer, but he brings no individual traits to the table that he excels at. He's really fucking average at everything.

Feb 12, 2004
Speak to me from a technical point of view please. This fight was GARBAGE. Read everything I said above.

The way Mayweather used his philly shell a couple years ago was DISGUSTING. He rolled with every punch and countered perfectly. His slip and counter to an orthodoxed fighters jab was DISGUSTING. His reaction time and quickness+speed blew fighters away. But these guys are slowing down big time. A technical southpaw with speed(in the case of Pac man not so technical) and technical body work can break a orthodox fighter's philly shell/shoulder roll, but both these guys are getting old and slowing down. Yeah, Cotto had some punches land in the later round but only because Mayweather is getting old. Time killed your reflexes and a philly shell fighter definitely relies on his reflexes+timing. Boxing is ruining it's own sport with all the bullshit politics. Canelo aint SHIT but another figher with nice technical boxing, sturdy chin and power punches. But he aint nothing special.

I aint even going to get into Pacquaio vs JMM. Most boxing "fans" dont know shit.