Favorite chicano/puerto rican/dominican/mexican/etc. rappers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2004
Speaking of frost.. A homeboy of mine is that fools nephew, and hes a northerner also, lol. One time when the fam was visiting, they got into a convo about music my boy asked basically...what he had to say about all the people in northern cali that think hate because they feel like he turned his back on them. (Theyre both grown men just talkkng lol it wasnt like my boy was like tryin to punk him, but still heavy subject lol.)

And basically he said it was because thats where he actually became a man was LA... He said he was just a lil snotnose kid when he was living in northern cali, so thats why he reps the LA and dosent really mention norcal. Cuz idk if he was born there but frost is originally from windsor, in the north bay, and moved to la when he was 13.

May 16, 2002
Speaking of frost.. A homeboy of mine is that fools nephew, and hes a northerner also, lol. One time when the fam was visiting, they got into a convo about music my boy asked basically...what he had to say about all the people in northern cali that think hate because they feel like he turned his back on them. (Theyre both grown men just talkkng lol it wasnt like my boy was like tryin to punk him, but still heavy subject lol.)

And basically he said it was because thats where he actually became a man was LA... He said he was just a lil snotnose kid when he was living in northern cali, so thats why he reps the LA and dosent really mention norcal. Cuz idk if he was born there but frost is originally from windsor, in the north bay, and moved to la when he was 13.

He should of moved back to Northern Cali when he turned 14 though.

Apr 25, 2002
2mex
xololanxinxo (tapes from a stolen car was my shit)
Of Mexican Descent was dope, I dunno if they're around anymore or not. I had a bootleg of Exitos Y Mas Exitos that I got through internet tape trading and some random tape of a bunch of their songs that 2Mex traded to me on Telegraph back in the day. It seemed like they were up here every other weekend performing at Maritime or Rico's Loft or somewhere.

They were part of that mid to late-nineties LA scene (FF, CVE, Kali-9, Shapeshifters, Jizzm, etc.) that had a sound that seemed to die off some time after the Beneath the Surface compilation came out.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Of Mexican Descent was dope, I dunno if they're around anymore or not. I had a bootleg of Exitos Y Mas Exitos that I got through internet tape trading and some random tape of a bunch of their songs that 2Mex traded to me on Telegraph back in the day. It seemed like they were up here every other weekend performing at Maritime or Rico's Loft or somewhere.

They were part of that mid to late-nineties LA scene (FF, CVE, Kali-9, Shapeshifters, Jizzm, etc.) that had a sound that seemed to die off some time after the Beneath the Surface compilation came out.

OMD's first album exitos was hard as fuck, followed by sungodsuns. both of them came hard. i was a huge blowed fan, used to go to good life cafe. if you didnt see the documentary 'this is the life' peep it out. beneath the surface slapped.

did you have fat jacks cater to the DJ? came out after beneath th surface. hard as fuck.
man i miss that music sometimes.

alot of them put out good music past their heyday but you ad to look for them really super hard.

not sure of awol ones ethnicity, but he was always dope.

if you can find xololanxinxos tape from a stolen car, grab it. its prolly dated now that its 2014 but at the time, was the shit.

i got put up on blowed when they first compilation dropped at the b-boy summit in san diego in like 1997. they had a lil booth. i remember someone from blowed (forgot who,mighta been ab) tried to buy the album from me because there was no more prints. i wouldnt let it go.

abstract rude shouted out my crew on his second album. we was hype lmao

2mex mighta been one of the top 3 chicano rappers ever. saying he was 1st would just be a fight. top 3 i cant deny based on his albums.

Last edited: