EDJ... a question.....?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 8, 2002
EDJ said:
I DON'T CLAIM THE SPANIARD BULLSHIT. TOO ASHAMED OF IT. AND WHITE IS NOT IN MY VOCABULARY. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT'S IN THE MESTIZO BLOOD?
SO you dont claim White nor spanish nor black. What are you claiming? Why be ashamed of what you are? Are your Parents ashamed of you or are you ashamed of them? So what is it that makes you who you are? I am what I am, I will never be ashamed of what blood runs in me. What has a spanish man done to you? and if "white aint in your Vocab how can you write it?

A man with out knowledge of his past is like a tree without roots!

Mestizo? Come on, Have we not had this conversation many times and Mestizo was the word you would bring up? But OK here you go........

***Mestizo (Portuguese, Mestiço; French, Métis: from Late Latin mixticius, from Latin mixtus, past participle of miscere, "to mix") is a term of Spanish origin used to designate people of mixed European and indigenous non-European ancestry. The term has traditionally been applied mostly to those of mixed European and indigenous Amerindian ancestry who inhabit the region spanning the Americas; from the Canadian prairies in the north to Argentina and Chile's Patagonia in the south.

In other regions and countries previously under Spanish, Portuguese or French colonial rule, variants of the term may also be in usage for people of other colonial European and indigenous non-European (Asian, African, and Oceanianic, etc.) mixtures. In the Philippines, the term Mestizo is a broad reference to individuals of any non-specific foreign admixture to an ethnic Filipino base stock.

Aug 8, 2003
see i should have an identity crisis... my grandfather is spanish, my grandmother mexican on my pops side..... and on my mother's side my grandmother was full blood native american (chipewa) and my grandfather str8 irish...

Nov 8, 2002
Why should that be an Identity Crisis? You cant take the Good from all? Or is it that Society will only let you claim two maybe three or your blood lines?

Aug 8, 2003
^^
i was light weight being sarcastic but i do run into the problem every so often as to 'which box should i check' when filling out applications, but since im more hispanic then anything and am closer to my fathers side of my fam i always chose that.

Nov 8, 2002
SHit even that is a head ache.

"Choose one" Hispanic non white
Hispanic Latino
Hispanic non latino
Hispanic non Asian

I did a app last week that had 7 different types of "Hispanic.

Nov 8, 2002
Was asking cause in this PC world you wouldnt be Indian at all unless you are from the east, right? what region are your Parents from? Grand Parents? My Blood line from my Father runs through the place of the fisherman.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
I have a lot of indian blood in me...homie..

little to no body hair....I shave maybe 3 times a year..

maybe!

I got high cheek bones....and am fairly big.

My indian bloodline comes from my grandfather from my dads side.

Nov 8, 2002
JLMACN said:
I have a lot of indian blood in me...homie..

little to no body hair....I shave maybe 3 times a year..

maybe!

I got high cheek bones....and am fairly big.

My indian bloodline comes from my grandfather from my dads side.

So you Grandfather and Grandmother on your Moms side are Indian Native Mexican also? Your Dads Mom? What Region is your Blood from? If my math is correct you shown us just 1/4 of you "Indian" blood. PS Indians come from India!:confused:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Gizmo said:
SHit even that is a head ache.

"Choose one" Hispanic non white
Hispanic Latino
Hispanic non latino
Hispanic non Asian

I did a app last week that had 7 different types of "Hispanic.
you know what's funny? the word Hispanic was made up for the census in this country...it was a way to group every latin/spanish person who's tan-ish pretty much...

gotta love this stupid fucking country.....

Gizmo said:
PS Indians come from India!:confused:
i'm glad someone else makes it a point to say this besides me...

native americans= native to a country that is named after some stupid fuck that didn't "discover" anything cause there were already natives.

indians=people from India

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Gizmo said:
So you Grandfather and Grandmother on your Moms side are Indian Native Mexican also? Your Dads Mom? What Region is your Blood from? If my math is correct you shown us just 1/4 of you "Indian" blood. PS Indians come from India!:confused:
my grandmother on my moms side is 75% Cherokee indian...%25 mexican

my grandmother on my dads side is Mexican...

Indians are from India?

Well when I look up Purepeche Indians....
call it what you want...homie.

you get my point.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
the point about the word "indians" is that it's been drilled into the minds of Americans to relate to native americans....indians are "savage" people, where as native americans are peaceful, earth loving people....

at least, that's the stereotype that i understand...and of course, i disagree with it as i do with all stereotypes...

gizmo, i think you're right about the guy....but there was someone before him or something...before columbus' stupid ass too....maybe the vikings? i can't remember...