EDJ... a question.....?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
Gizmo said:
America = Named after Amerigo Vaspouchi (sp?)
Vespucci, I believe.

And JLMACN...lookout! All the questioning leads me to believe that Gizmo wants to capture you and put you in his museum!

Also, most in this thread know that Indians come from India, BUT the tribes/bands down here in SoCal have decided to continue using the misnomer. And, I'm sure that tribes/bands from other parts of this nation are doing the same. What are we, who are not indians, supposed to do with that? Call them something different than they call themselves?

And, damn us for having this convo, yet EDJ hasn't come in to answer the OP.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
enserio...

i was thinking the same thing!

wachaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

nah all jokes aside....its cool with people asking me questions cause when you ask a typical mexican what kind of indian are you...they say...
"man my granpa was aztec"..

bwahahaha..

Nov 8, 2002
My Grandpa wasnt Aztec per say but my Mothers Ancestry is through Mexico City. My Fathers Father is through Michoacan. My mothers mom is Souix from the Dakotas. I can also trace my roots back to Spain, am a distant cousin of Cervantes (Don Quixote).

As for the Museum comment, that question was never fully answered. I asked if both sets of grandparents come from Michoacan (Tarascans) or just one person. Is he full blooded or 1/4? Honest question thats all.

Everyone is ready to claim one race or blood but quicker to disregaurd the other side or thier roots. You really dont have to answer the question because if you are just a tad Purhépecha you still are what you are.

Jun 15, 2005
Gizmo said:
Everyone is ready to claim one race or blood but quicker to disregaurd the other side or thier roots. You really dont have to answer the question because if you are just a tad Purhépecha you still are what you are.
I definitely agree with this statement. I've seen plenty Chicanos get a little knowledge and then be quick to put down or flat out deny part of their ancestry. I guess this is the only way they can respond to the atrocities that the Spanish put on their people.

And, I also have never heard anybody say "my grandpa was full blooded Aztec". I would laugh at them if they did.

@ Gizmo. I'm just fucking with you, man, but you have to admit you're asking him an awful lot of questions about his lineage. If you were to see a pic of dude, and then pics of his peoples, you would see a very distinct resemblance.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
The majority of Mexicans don´t know what the fuck they are. We have the conqueror´s blood in us as well as the conquered´s blood, which leads to major confusion amongst us and that´s why you have so many different labels people are identified with and identify themselves with.

As for me, on my mom´s side, she has mostly Spanish blood with some French and some Japanese. NO NATIVE BLOOD at all. I got aunts and uncles with blue eyes and blonde hair! But on my dad´s side, my grandpa is a dark skinned Native of the state of Guerrero. I got a lot of Native blood from my dad´s side, but I still came out very light skinned. I don´t care though, I identify with my indeginous side more because although I am not ashamed of my Spanish blood, I do despise what they (we) did to the Natives (ourselves).

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Has EDJ even posted in this thread yet? Here's a clue, the answer is "no," so anyone directing comments at him needs to actually read this fucking thread.

May 2, 2002
Lamberto Quintero said:
I identify with my indeginous side more because although I am not ashamed of my Spanish blood, I do despise what they (we) did to the Natives (ourselves).
Get over that shit...you had nothing to do with it.

I'm not ashamed or despise anything. Nobody in my family that I know of had anything to do with it. And if they did...oh well...so be it.

That's how shit went down back in the day...and to think or dwell on that now is stupid.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Yeah, cause that's like people in America (Americans), saying they despise what the American gov't is doing inside and outside of our country :confused:

Nov 8, 2002
So if I am mixed with spanish I am despising myself for what I did to myself? Do the greeks despise the Romans or Vice Versa for the acts they did upon each other? Like I have said of the "Jewish" thread, tell me what a Spaniard has done to you to make your life better or worse.

Before Amerigo, Columbus or the Vikings they have shown proof that Chinese sailed up the Bay and into the Sacramento River as early as 1000 a.d.. That could only open up more questions as Native Americans and Mexicans share some resemblence to certain Asains.

If the Chinese settled this land before the Miwok tribe could there be a link to them? Consider the Hieght of the Aztec or Mayan Civilization to be Centuries later. Who else could have settled prior to that? Prior to the Omec or Toltec? Before Pyramids and colonies?

Enserio, as for all the questions. It was just to make a point of one claiming a small amount of thier blood and excluding the rest. Not pointing fingers but making good conversation for once around here. If you are proud of who you are find pride in what you are.

From the days of Caan to Moses to Julius Ceasar all the actions of man have been the same, Cammand & Conquer. That is as true for the Spanish & french of old as it is for America and Israel now. Same thing everyone one has done.

As for "What should we call them if not Indians?" Try calling them what thier tribe calls them. We use "Indian" because we would rather say that then find out who they are. For example look at the word "Arab". In the 80's thats all we knew of the Mid-East. Now we know Kurd, Shiite, Saudi, Palistinian and so on. I know Plenty of Natives that HATE the word "Indian" from up here, in the Mid West all the way down to New Mexico. They just are tired of explaining it so they let it pass. But they dont except the word still.

PS I know this has been said before but.... Hitler Hated Jews, wasnt Jewish blood in him?

Love, Peace and Cougar Teeth!

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
gimpypimp said:
Get over that shit...you had nothing to do with it.

I'm not ashamed or despise anything. Nobody in my family that I know of had anything to do with it. And if they did...oh well...so be it.

That's how shit went down back in the day...and to think or dwell on that now is stupid.
Huh??? I had nothing to do with it directly, of course. But I am a product of the biggest massacre of a people in the history of mankind. (IMO) Therefore, I am not going to just forget about what happened and live like it never happened. Why the hell are you so offended by that?

Jun 15, 2005
Here's why. Because just as there are people in this country and time that disagree and do not directly support what Bush is getting our country into, you have to assume that in all of Spain, there were the same groups of people who at least gave not a fuck about expanding the empire and Christianity. Therefore, you (yes, you specifically) need to get over that "conqueror and conquered" shit and just do what's best for your people at this point in time.

Me entiendes?