Donovin Darius signs with Raiders!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2003
www.dankmobb.com
The Oakland Raiders have signed veteran safety Donovin Darius. Darius has started in all 115 league games in which he has played.

“We are extremely excited about adding Donovin to the Raiders,” said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin. “He will bring us strong competition and he gives us added flexibility in our secondary. Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game. Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is. He will fit great into our team philosophy.”

“I am excited to be part of the Raider organization,” said Donovin Darius. “This is an organization that I feel is heading in the right direction with the new coaching staff and the players. I am very optimistic about joining a team that has such great history. I look forward to being a part of the Silver and Black. I think it’s a great opportunity and a great fit.”

The 6-1, 205-pound defensive back recorded 614 total tackles, two sacks and 14 interceptions in nine seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Darius originally entered the NFL as the 25th overall selection by the Jaguars in the 1998 NFL Draft. The former Syracuse star posted career highs in 2004 with 87 tackles and five interceptions. He also notched an 83-yard fumble return for a touchdown in his rookie season against Baltimore in 1998.

Darius, who is originally from Camden, New Jersey, led Jacksonville’s secondary in tackles in each of his first seven NFL seasons. He was the highest drafted defensive back in Jaguars history, and he was voted second alternate to the Pro Bowl in 2001 and first alternate in 2002.
About fuckin time. This dude, if he can stay healthy, will have an impact on d.

Mar 16, 2005
good addition, still doesn't help the O side though!

I would be more concerned about the team not strenghting the weakness, instead of adding to the already strong point.

This is like Denver adding another good rb but still forgeting about the d-line.

but again...good signing so please don't take that as a slam!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^I hear you... I am just saying I would have paid more if he would have asked for more. This will help our run defense a lot. I think he likes that aggressive scheme by Ryan.

Jan 4, 2003
yah we need more help on tha O,.. but whats wrong with making tha D even stronger?? We was top 3 last year we aimin' for that #1 spot this year! O will be better too so dont even trip