Does a rapper's reputation matter to you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
There are countless examples of rappers who either are, or aren't exactly what they say they are in their songs. How much does that matter in you listening to them? I always thought Spice 1 was a studio gangster, as well as Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, etc...

It almost seems like if a rapper is what they say they are, people hate them for it, like C-Murder or DMX?

Rick Ross was put on blast for being a correctional officer, yet is popular somehow? I don't get it? What do y'all think?

Oct 11, 2009
To be honest it doesn't matter... I'd rather hear a nigga rap about murder than to be out there really murdering.. Especially since its our own people they're murdering... It seems like the ones that really do the shit can't really rap or make good music... The ones that make good music prolly aint really out there doing the shit.. If i can slap the music i aint trippin... Now in the case of niggas like sicx i'd rather him not e about the shit he raps about...

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Obviously rappers don't kill people.
right.

But they tell the story of the real shit going on around them (Hence E-40).

If they are not in that lifestyle I guess is more what I meant by my post... not saying someone who is a real killer, ect, ect. But someone from the burbs rappin about his skateboard though it may be some real shit cause he skates, does not appeal to me.

In fact if someone was out there just taking lives i highly doubt they'd be rapping about it anyway.

Props: Rossibreath
Nov 25, 2004
I don't care much. I used to listen to Brotha Lynch knowing he wasn't a real G just a weirdo lol. When I used to live in Florida, everyone up and down the state was bumping Rick Ross,they didn't care. But then people who listened to Levitti,once they found out he was half a fag, I know people all of a sudden stopped listening to him. Guess it all depends on if you really care enough haha. It's just music if you ask me.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
x-raided (Gang banger at the time, believed to NOT be the shooter)
lil boosie
max b
project pat
c-murder
snoop dogg (supposedly self-defense..bodyguard shot, not Snoop)
don diego (ACTIVE Gang banger first and foremost..rap is for the money)
eazy-e (spreading hiv)

etc
For clarification purposes...

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Some dudes would make or break me wanting to listen to them if I found out they were fake, such as:

Messy Marv
Luni Coleone
Spice 1
Jay Tee
E-40
Too $hort
Lil Keke
Master P

Others would matter for some reason though if they weren't at least sorta living what they were saying...
C-Bo
Woodie
Rick Ross

Feb 8, 2003
I don't care much. I used to listen to Brotha Lynch knowing he wasn't a real G just a weirdo lol. When I used to live in Florida, everyone up and down the state was bumping Rick Ross,they didn't care. But then people who listened to Levitti,once they found out he was half a fag, I know people all of a sudden stopped listening to him. Guess it all depends on if you really care enough haha. It's just music if you ask me.
Levetti manager once posted on here saying he dare anyone on here to call him a fag to his face bc he will knock your ass out then fuck your ass.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Some dudes would make or break me wanting to listen to them if I found out they were fake, such as:

Messy Marv - Fake blood / set-hopper
Luni Coleone
Spice 1
Jay Tee
E-40
Too $hort - not a real pimp
Lil Keke
Master P - started Take a Stand Records condemning violence & profanity, only to release a new mixtape with profanity & gangsterism

Others would matter for some reason though if they weren't at least sorta living what they were saying...
C-Bo
Woodie - not living
Rick Ross - you really think he's one of the biggest crime bosses of all time?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

Messy Marv
Luni Coleone
Spice 1
Jay Tee
E-40
Too $hort
Lil Keke
Master P

C-Bo
Woodie
Rick Ross
i've heard hes not latino lol