Does a rapper's reputation matter to you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
I'm not going to name names but a few local rappers got exposed and wernt about what they claimed to be. I won't name any names bc alot of people will be butt hurt.

Dec 2, 2003
How solid was Woodie ? I mean everybody is like "he was one hella solid dude" but can someone tell a story ?
He was a solid guy and he rapped about things he went thru and did. If you look in the East Co. Co. forum you might find some stories. He was a very cool guy too, hella nice and caring to the people he knew.

Apr 25, 2002
my brother had me listening to NWA and The Posse back in 87/88. i was like in 2nd grade and i never believed Eazy E was realy doin what he was rappin about in Dope Man or Boyz N The Hood. even at the tender age of 8 years old i knew it was pure entertainment. i've never cared about a rappers rep after that. except for Bloods & Crips Bangin On Wax albums.

May 5, 2006
He was a solid guy and he rapped about things he went thru and did. If you look in the East Co. Co. forum you might find some stories. He was a very cool guy too, hella nice and caring to the people he knew.
I´ve been around the ECCR Forum since a while, but theres not much stuff like some homies of woodie sharing a story. I was just curious why there was so much respect for woodie besides the whole Music.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
I´ve been around the ECCR Forum since a while, but theres not much stuff like some homies of woodie sharing a story. I was just curious why there was so much respect for woodie besides the whole Music.
you just want a good war story to jerk off to or something? lol thats called exhibiting rat like behavior to post stuff like that for the whole internet to see, you think someone who was close to dude would post some stuff just to please some no pussy getting nazi ancestor computer nerd? the fuck outta here lol

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Woodie in real life and he was one of the most solid individuals ive ever met bottom line end of story

May 5, 2006
you just want a good war story to jerk off to or something? lol thats called exhibiting rat like behavior to post stuff like that for the whole internet to see, you think someone who was close to dude would post some stuff just to please some no pussy getting nazi ancestor computer nerd? the fuck outta here lol

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Woodie in real life and he was one of the most solid individuals ive ever met bottom line end of story

The Fuck is your Problem ? I wasnt askin disrespectfully so whats your point ?
And you speak down on me because im german, so whos the nazi ?

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
thought about it for a sec and let me contribute something to this actual thread though

heres my two cents on this whole thing - ive listened to rap my whole life even used to make rap music for a short time and ill put it like this i dont expect rap artists to be real just like i dont expect people to not be rats anyone can talk good game but the bottom line is just that talk, how real do you really want an artist to keep it ya know? should they rap about how they cant afford a car and how they have a baby mom that they cry over that looks like a wombat or should they rap about how they serve more keys then the godmother and fuck models like its nothing

they say the the worst thing you can do is meet your heros in real life, same goes for rappers cause theyll never live up to the unrealistic fantastic expectations you have of um

now if you sell hella weight and shoot people in real life should you make rap songs about it? probably not the best idea but if i enjoy a rappers music i'll continue to do so until i hear some shit like dude was a police officer or a rat or a pedophile - also all you gotta do is read between the lines though listen real close to the raps think about the image, if you listen close enough you can tell easily that messy marv is a joke in the streets or that san quinn is so broke it hurts or that d-lo is happily married and does give a fuck about hos and guce is washed up and irreverent etc the energy in the music doesnt lie and real recognize real

guess what im trying to say is yes rappers rep matters to me but i give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume their a rat/fake/coward till i get to know um better

i'll leave yall with a lil rap tale for the evening, a tale about a hardcore gangster rapper from chicago that just signed a 6 million dollar deal named cheef keef the person solely responsible for me having to hear unintelligent people say "thats that shit i dont like" - yep hes set for life just signed 6 million dollar deal but also just publically cried in court like a bitch when he got sentenced to 60 days in juvenile hall the same week he also got sued for child support buy a midleschooler, now their not releasing the girls age but the babys age is two so that means ole cheef keef was smashing when she was 11 or 12 at best but he just got 6 mill so this is who yall are gonna be getting your grimy jay z featured southside chicago gritty gangster fararri driving music after he gets done with his hardcore 60 day juvi stretch

the end