Do you wear Girbaud's?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Do you wear Girbaud's? I don't, never have. Yawn! Found this on hiphopdx.com. Just thought it was interesting.

Girbaud Jeans Pulls A "Cristal" Move On Hip Hop
July 26th, 2007 | Author: Aliya Ewing

It's 2007 and despite dominating popular culture, Hip Hop is still continuously being hated on. Once popular jeans designer, François Girbaud took his stance on Hip Hop while speaking to the New York Observer recently:

"To be just connected in the hip-hop stuff is other brand; there is people like Russell Simmons or Damon Dash or Puff Daddy or all this kind. I'm not the rap people. Sure, we introduced the baggy jeans, we introduced stonewashed and all this stuff in the 60's or 70's, I never target just to be ethnic. It's stupid."

Has he learned NOTHING from the Cristal fiasco? Apparently not, because the article continues:

"I have to talk like that"--he flashed a gang hand-sign--"and speak like that"--he flashed another gang hand-sign--"and move like that"--he grabbed his crotch--"and it's ridiculous!" Now he was shouting. "What we bring into the market was always innovative, and I feel now I am trapped and I have to just talk the same way, like I have to have skulls and some kind of snakes. It's boring, it's really boring!""

Jan 23, 2006

i used to rock em for a minute, this was bout 4 months ago. there gone now though , gave em to my moms so she can send them to mexico along with all my other "played" out clothes

May 17, 2006
Girbauds go since for ever but i do agree them shuttle jeans are suspect. Them brand x jeans with the machete pocket fucking go and i will always rock them that's all i wear.