Do you Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savoir?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Yes and I am actually re reading the bible now and studying on my own. Just finished up Isaiah and on Jerimiah now.
Are you reading for scholarly purposes or because you're actually trying to learn something from it?

Because the latter is one of the worst ways in which you can waste your time (after all most other ways I can think of do not involve destroying your brain)

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I heard God calling to me and I started to listen. God is calling out to his children, but many refuse to listen. They would rather have the world and the things of the world instead of having Gods love and Eternal life with him. Satan has blinded many with his tricks and temptations. The signs from above are being sent out. The time of Sorrows is upon us. #LPRF
The standard reply to this is "How do you know you weren't hallucinating?".

I have not yet seen anyone give a satisfactory answer to it, I doubt you will

Sep 25, 2005
You might want to find out why the council of nicea canonized the books they did and omitted the books they did. Read the nag hammadi texts and the dead sea scrolls while you're at it. If you sincerely study it you'll come to find that it's a myth and a bullshit one at that. If you need to experience enlightenment take some mushrooms and go to the top of the mountain like Ezekiel and Moses did before you.

Props: Nuttkase

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
You might want to find out why the council of nicea canonized the books they did and omitted the books they did. Read the nag hammadi texts and the dead sea scrolls while you're at it. If you sincerely study it you'll come to find that it's a myth and a bullshit one at that. If you need to experience enlightenment take some mushrooms and go to the top of the mountain like Ezekiel and Moses did before you.
The books weren't exactly canonized at the council of Nicea, it was a long process. It is correct that the reasons the canon is what it is have very little to do with any sort of objectivity - it was basically rival fractions within the movement (that were often so different from each other theologically that from our modern perspective we wouldn't even consider some of them to be Christian) duking it out and then whoever won got to decided what the canon is. And from then on it got passed to us. And yet, there are still differences - the Catholic bible is not exactly the same as the Orthodox one and so on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#Canons_of_various_Christian_traditions

But it is not correct that the canon was decided at the council of Nicea

May 16, 2002
Yes and I am actually re reading the bible now and studying on my own. Just finished up Isaiah and on Jerimiah now.

Okay, here is the deal, Bro. Studying on your own is means your drawing your own conclusions. That's not safe & next thing you know you'll start believing the bible was written about you. And your the next prophet.

Same shit happened to my friend turned foe. He got so deep in it ended up a 5150 thinking he was God's messenger. He wanted to go to all the churches & tell them they were preaching wrong. All of a sudden he felt he could be a pastor and guide all the people to Jesus. He walks around like Vincent "The Chin" Gigante with a bible in his hand telling people he can heal them through the power of Jesus.

You should really attend bible studies if it's something you want to pursue. Don't do this on your own.

I sent him this afterwards...

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Okay, here is the deal, Bro. Studying on your own is means your drawing your own conclusions. That's not safe & next thing you know you'll start believing the bible was written about you. And your the next prophet.
You can learn a lot about the Bible by reading it. But you can never learn all you need to know about it by just reading the Bible, much less from the King James version. It's not the word of god, it is a historical document, and as such it can only be understood in the context of our overall historical knowledge of the period it was written in. That means learning Greek and Aramaic, reading the originals (to the extent any such thing exists today), reading the gnostic gospels and other sources we have, learning a lot of ancient history, and all the other things that go into being a Biblical scholar (as opposed to simply being a blind believer or proselytizer). Only then can you really understand the text and what it means (and what it doesn't)

P.S. If you and other here haven't done so, I highly recommend reading some of Bart Ehrman's books or at least watching some of the many interviews with him that exist on YouTube

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013

Same shit happened to my friend turned foe. He got so deep in it ended up a 5150 thinking he was God's messenger. He wanted to go to all the churches & tell them they were preaching wrong. All of a sudden he felt he could be a pastor and guide all the people to Jesus. He walks around like Vincent "The Chin" Gigante with a bible in his hand telling people he can heal them through the power of Jesus.

You should really attend bible studies if it's something you want to pursue. Don't do this on your own.

I sent him this afterwards...

While I agree that Bible studies are often a great thing to go to, reading the Bible on your own is fine. The single most impactful lesson I've learned about reading the Bible is praying beforehand and asking for God to reveal what He wants me to learn at that point in time and that the Holy Spirit would minister to me in that way. I've been doing that for years. Every Christian is God's messenger. The letters that Paul wrote urged the churches to share the good news (gospel) of Christ. That's what Remy has attempted to do in this thread. While this may not be the best audience on the surface, it is a great audience for it because it is desperately needed among this crowd. I used to mock Christians and though I "believed" in God growing up, and felt extremely foolish once I built a real relationship with God for having mocked them. Paul in the Bible went through the same thing but obviously on a much larger scale.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
If you do the work, you will most definitely not be saved - it will in all likelihood make you an atheist. It has done so to most people who have gone down that path
a long and interesting topic there. My contention has always been that those people never really believed to begin with. There are also a lot of people that set out to disprove the validity of God through research and ended up as Christians such as the guy that wrote the book The Case for Christ.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
a long and interesting topic there. My contention has always been that those people never really believed to begin with. There are also a lot of people that set out to disprove the validity of God through research and ended up as Christians such as the guy that wrote the book The Case for Christ.
The number of people with intimate knowledge of the Bible who have publicly come out as non-believers is greatly underestimated, for fairly obvious reasons - most of them have a professional obligation to believe and for many, there are no alternative occupations. And back in the days it was much worse - you risked death if you came out as an atheist.

Obviously, there is no way to prove that, but I have always had the suspicion that a good portion of the intellectual elite of the church over the centuries has eventually reached the conclusion that there is no God. It's just that they did not have the option to say it publicly. Those scholastics from the Middle Ages may have argued over incredibly silly stuff but many of them were actually quite smart people - you think it has never dawned on any of them that the whole thing is a scam given that they knew pretty much every word in the Bible and were surely aware of its internal contradictions?

Last edited: