DJ WHOO KID & TECH N9NE "Bad Season" Mixtape thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I agree with Cognito saying on ustream about Strange not promoting their releases long enough. They do it in quick factory fashion. Sure it saves them money in a sense, but in the end, it doesn't give them a chance to really establish any other "brands" on the label aside from Tech.
Sounds like somebody mad trying to make excuses for why their album didn't sell well. It was promoted for two months before the release, and as you know he was on the cd sampler, too. This isn't Interscope records. Strange isn't going to put them on BET a year before the release date. It's grass roots marketing, and if you're not patient enough to wait for it to work to your benefit, then you're not getting ahead at all.

The only thing that hindered Cognito from selling a bunch is Cognito being a no name outside of California. And on top of that, I don't live in Cali, so I don't even know if the dude's a huge factor out there, either.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Like Cognito has something to bitch about? He had it way better off than Kutt did for his first album. Cognito had a video handed to him the first time out after all. Kali, S&S and Kutt weren't granted the same treatment.

Mar 7, 2004
wow this place can be like the meida take one sentence i was talking about and make it look like i don't no what im talking about. yes i know tech was a realy good rapper before krizz came into the pic. go back and read all the shit i said maybe you'll understand. and ive been up on tech way befor he added krizz to his formula.

Jan 20, 2007
yeah, cognito was all butt hurt that he didn't get a born to fly video...I kinda lost alot of respect for cognito after this whole thing went down and I really liked his music. He had a video way before the album came out and was promoted before it came out to. he shouldnt be bitching

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Maybe he should have pushed for Born 2 Be Fly to be the lead single instead of Outcast, then he would have gotten his Born 2 Be Fly video. Expecting two videos for your album when you haven't really proven yourself, and when artists that have been with the label since the beginning only get one video too, is just ludicrous.

Maybe Cognito & Hopsin can get together and do something. They both seem to like whining about their (former) labels.

Jan 29, 2006
Maybe he should have pushed for Born 2 Be Fly to be the lead single instead of Outcast, then he would have gotten his Born 2 Be Fly video. Expecting two videos for your album when you haven't really proven yourself, and when artists that have been with the label since the beginning only get one video too, is just ludicrous.

Maybe Cognito & Hopsin can get together and do something. They both seem to like whining about their (former) labels.
except hopsin is good....and cognito is...blah