DJ WHOO KID & TECH N9NE "Bad Season" Mixtape thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2002
Oobergeek on No music by the suckas is on point. Never really heard of dude, but i want to cop some shit by this dude.

This cd has been on repeat nonstop. Tech got a winner right here.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
BLH is crazy and lazy. There's probably any number of reasons why there's dissension.

Also... anybody else think they put Kaliko's mic on the other side of the moon and tell him to scream at it if he wants his verses heard?

I think that's the reason why he's run his course for me. He can't just rap. He's gotta scream that shit out on every verse.

Dec 8, 2009
I like Tech's role as the lead. If there was 1 person on the planet who could talk and have the skill level to back up his shit,I don't think there's a better man 4 the job...he's earned respect beyond all others.

He's also smart and humble mentioning how dope Lynch is. And if there is any1 who could blow like Tech or bigger it's Lynch.

I hope they stay recognizing eachother for who they are on a bigger level than personal issues.

Dope Interview thx 4 postin

Mar 7, 2004
iv'e been a big fan way before Tech got with kalico. i've listent to tech almost half my life and im almost 30 now{and im Canadian lol]. yes his music was good befor he met kalico but with kalico he's found his own sound. a lot of ppl don't know what a certain sound can do for a band or musician but its really important. and Tech n9ne has found his own sound.

it sucks cause im talking to alot of ppl that don't understand this but this is something you should learn about. If you have a real interest in music.

Oct 17, 2009
Damn Lynch wouldn't get along well on Strange as I thought. You the tension between Tech and Lynch had to be thick as fuck cause of their blood and crip affiliations

Sep 30, 2002
Damn Lynch wouldn't get along well on Strange as I thought. You the tension between Tech and Lynch had to be thick as fuck cause of their blood and crip affiliations
Don't think that really played any part in it.

Trav and Tech run a tight ship, that's why you don't really hear about stupid shit halting tours. This is a business first, if you are really focused on what you set out to accomplish and maybe it seems as if one of your guys isn't quite as focused, AND you are paying him, that shit gets annoying.

Mar 7, 2004
i didn't just say gimmick i said style and sound. you dont think that punk persona greenday has isnt part gimmick{even though they say they are not punk}. slick rick sure has a unique sound.and metalica kinda ran with a hardcore metal rock sound.all im saying is tech found his own sound and ppl keep ripping on him for it. and then everytime he dose somthing outside of the box ppl rip on him for that.

Jul 1, 2004
Nobody is rippin on him for doing music outside of the box. We're ripping him because Krizz is on almost every song. Every time I hear Tech do a SOLO song, its dope. Its not necessary to have kaliko on almost everything. I wish they'd sign Irv and use him some too and give Kali a break.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
If Krizz gets paid for all of his features, he's probably got more money than Tech.
That would be nice, but I doubt Krizz gets paid for every single time he's on a Tech track (not including any other Strange artists' tracks). It's as if it's his second job over at the label. Need a hook? Kali Baby! Ahh, this track can use an additional verse. Kali Baby! You know, I'll say this again: Kaliko's current role somewhat hinders his own success as a solo artist. And that's a shame. He really oughta be built up as a legitimate headlining act for Strange.

Oct 25, 2006
Ehh, no. Krizz should continue to do what he's doing now. I'm sorry, I love Krizz and all, but his time was far long ago. Back when he was doing crazy shit like Buku. Now he's on that Pop sound tip, and I don't really think it'll ever get better than that. Shock Treatment was a disaster IMO (from the eyes of a listen-to-anything-but Pop listener).

Dec 14, 2005
Ehh, no. Krizz should continue to do what he's doing now. I'm sorry, I love Krizz and all, but his time was far long ago. Back when he was doing crazy shit like Buku. Now he's on that Pop sound tip, and I don't really think it'll ever get better than that. Shock Treatment was a disaster IMO (from the eyes of a listen-to-anything-but Pop listener).
Double no. I agree Shock Treatment wasnt that good, but he should focus on his own shit. Then maybe more tracks like Buku and The Need will surface. Seems to me like his talent is just spread too thin over everyone elses stuff.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Kaliko was just scratching the surface around the time of Buku. He's become a better all around artist since then. My dough's been low so I've still yet to cop Shock Treatment, but Genius is a great album that could've potentially built Kali his on fan base...if enough non-Tech fans actually knew of its (or even his) existence.

I agree with Cognito saying on ustream about Strange not promoting their releases long enough. They do it in quick factory fashion. Sure it saves them money in a sense, but in the end, it doesn't give them a chance to really establish any other "brands" on the label aside from Tech.