Depression....Siccness people, I need your people help...A.S.A.P.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
ppl need to get real and quit writing shit up like go get some pussy, snap out of it or other similar related shit....if youve never been depressed(i dont mean my girl left or my friends are aholes typa shit) real depression, a chemical imbalance in the brain which makes simple everyday things excrutiatingly painful to go through with..shit like getting up outa bed, or going to the store etc etc...its not as simple as "getting laid or "finding something you love"...when youre in the dumps, nothing can snap you out of it....if its really a disorder then not the bombest drug or pussy wil aleviate you ....me personally when i went through a terrible couple of years, nothing seemed to matter, no mater wether friends were around, drugs etc etc...shit just doesnt matter...i dont know how i came out of it, i just did thankfully...although the mental scars are still there, its always part of you...today i can say i am better...im not neccesarily a happy person really, i can just accept that fact and can live with it...happiness for me is a place that i hear about in tv etc etc...real life isnt always happy...i still have some bad days, then there are the average days where feelings arent really there, just numbness.

stay up teddy...i do think venting to ppl here is a great way to release your angst, but dont really take any of the advice to heart...after all, nobody in the world really knows how you feel but you.

Props: Teddy X
Apr 25, 2002
shit im happy , last year this time i was drunk tryin to fuck a nasty whore , blackin out every weekend truely unhappy with my life but i knew i could find a better way took me a while but im back on track . now im workin goin to school and havin a good ass time doin that

Jan 5, 2006
As someone who's been thru it before, something that helped me was Vitamin B, dont remember the exact ones but they induce the chemicals in your brain that promote happiness and relaxation. Serotonin and Endorphin are those chemicals. All natural too no side effects or shit you shouldnt be taking.

Jan 12, 2006
LISTEN TO MARK MORRISON - RETURN OF THE MACK or NONSTOP - I FEEL PIMPISH ... BELIEVE ME YOULL FEEL RELAXED & PIMPY
HA!

ppl need to get real and quit writing shit up like go get some pussy, snap out of it or other similar related shit....if youve never been depressed(i dont mean my girl left or my friends are aholes typa shit) real depression, a chemical imbalance in the brain which makes simple everyday things excrutiatingly painful to go through with..shit like getting up outa bed, or going to the store etc etc...its not as simple as "getting laid or "finding something you love"...when youre in the dumps, nothing can snap you out of it....if its really a disorder then not the bombest drug or pussy wil aleviate you ....me personally when i went through a terrible couple of years, nothing seemed to matter, no mater wether friends were around, drugs etc etc...shit just doesnt matter...i dont know how i came out of it, i just did thankfully...although the mental scars are still there, its always part of you...today i can say i am better...im not neccesarily a happy person really, i can just accept that fact and can live with it...happiness for me is a place that i hear about in tv etc etc...real life isnt always happy...i still have some bad days, then there are the average days where feelings arent really there, just numbness.

stay up teddy...i do think venting to ppl here is a great way to release your angst, but dont really take any of the advice to heart...after all, nobody in the world really knows how you feel but you.
good advice!

Jan 28, 2005
Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance. Your brain is no longer able to produce sufficient levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine; these are the neurotransmitters which help regulate emotions, reactions to stress, and the physical drives of sleep, appetite, and sexuality. Anti-depressants are designed to help your brain produce sufficient levels of these neurotransmitters, which may help if you find yourself unable to focus, sleep, eat, etc. due to the depression.

With that being said, I do agree with your statements about "suppressing it [the problem] won't help." I believe anti-depressants are best in combination with therapy, not taken ALONE. Teddy made plans to talk to a counselor, and I think that's great.

PS: ConstantElevation, my statement was not aimed solely at you. I know a lot of members here share your views, so I was speaking in general terms.
Chemical imbalance caused by what?

I'm tired of people citing the "chemical imbalance in my brain" for their depression. I've been through more than any good person should have to in my life, then again I was an evil bastard for a while. Maybe I deserve(d) my misfortunes. I went through my half dozen psych courses, took abnormal psychology and did very well in it. Depression, suicidal/homicidal thoughts, anti-social personality disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, drug addiction/abuse. "Bi-polar" personality disorders. I think throughout my course I had honestly met the criteria of enough 'disorders' in the DSM to become a Psychiatrists best friend. Then again, I've been told I'd make a good psychiatrist.

However I feel like this whole being born with a chemically imbalanced brain business is mostly bullshit.

There are thousands of small things one can do in one's life to prevent the onset of depression, or used to work toward getting away from depression. Change your fucking diet to start. Exercise. Get out in the sun. Pick up a hobby. Browse the siccness. Call some friends, get drunk and do dumb shit that makes funny stories for the next time you get drunk and do dumb shit. The mind and the body are connected, and every small decision you make for your body directly affects the mind and vice/versa. Eat all the SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) you want for as long as you want, but in my personal opinion its only "correcting the imbalance" that isn't there naturally, but caused by a plethora of factors regarding one's lifestyle. At the end of the day I got my shit solved after a decade of tryin' shit, tryin' shit (don't work) tryin' shit, tryin' shit (don't work) and I'm making it work without regularly taking the doctors fad drug of the decade. The 90s had Ritalin being handed out to kids like free ice cream. The 00's have SSRIs and sleep medications going to anybody who walks in with real problems and walks out with pills instead of walking out with the correct information and will power to change their own life instead of having magic drugs change it for them.

That's just my own two cents on depression though.

That being said, I still condone the regular use of marijuana, occasional alcohol consumption (not abuse) and the occasional acid trip out in the woods or on vacation in a city where you're a complete stranger to everybody.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I just saw this shit, and I think we've all been there... but I'm not gonna type a long ass fuckin' post goin' into detail about shit, I'm just gonna say...

You gotta be thankful for what you have, and get the fuck over the petty shit... life is too fuckin' short to be depressed all the time, worrying about yourself... When people are depressed they are just self-absorbed, selfish and don't realize that others are goin' through shit much worse, all around the world... You probably don't even have it that bad and don't realize it...

Sep 6, 2006
depression i guess its part of bein human... to overcome these feelings a person should travel, keep your distance from fake mofos, and appreciate wat u got cuz garunteed theres sum one livin worser than u and stil got a smile on their face like a soulja...