damn no monte ellis?!?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I think most of yall are biased about this Roy/Ellis thing so Ill clear it up and I have no reason to choose 1 over the other. Brandon Roy is better than Monta Ellis but both players are good. Monta has the greenest light of them all and thats why his scorinf average is up. Roy is on a deep team and doesnt shoot nearly as much. Roy is just better overall in all aspects of the game. I do think Ellis is just as good a scorer but Roy is better in all other aspects of the game. If I had to choose one to start a team and its between those 2 I am takin Roy! With all that said...............Derrick Rose shits on both of them!! Haha! Got Em!!

May 10, 2002
you just dont get it.................you can say, only thing holding Roys stats back are lack of a team........ I know your smarter than this, claiming Monta has better stats becuz of the higher decimal. c'mon now idiot, they both AVG 0 Blk, but you say Monta beats him there cuz he has the higher decimal? that shit doesnt even count, they still Avg 0. Monta leads the league in TO avg., but i guess thats cuz of the team he is on right?
ask Monta how he felt after Roy dropped 37 on him THIS month......
Monta has 17 total blocks this year and Roy has 5. Why is that some cats can trot out stats and I can't? Roy is supposed to be the more complete player and at his size (relative to Monta) and supposed 'gifts', he should have a bigger impact on the other end of the floor.

Turnover leaders

1) Monta Ellis
2) Steve Nash
3) Kevin Durant
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Lebron James
49) Brandon Roy - Good for him

What do the top 5 have in common? They are all relied upon to make their offense go. So the ball is in their hand the most. More opportunity = more turnovers.

Steals Leaders

1) Rajon Rondo
2) Chris Paul
3) Monta Ellis
4) Stephen Curry
5) Andre Iguodala
73) Brandon Roy - You guys pick on TO numbers, I'll pick on steals

Yeah and Monta had 30 that same game where B-Roy had 37 and Monta had 34 in the game where he locked Roy up. This is where you'll probably say, "Well Brandon Roy wasn't guarding Monta" ... Yeah because HE CAN'T.

Don't get me wrong, Roy is one of those players on the offensive side of the floor that will sneak 40 on you, and I respect that. He doesn't do much else though. He sure hasn't been as complete as Monta this year. The numbers tell you that.

@ CZAR no one asked for your opinion. You give the most generalized arguments on this site, lol ... Go start a Lebron James McDonalds thread or somethin

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Monta has 17 total blocks this year and Roy has 5. Why is that some cats can trot out stats and I can't? Roy is supposed to be the more complete player and at his size (relative to Monta) and supposed 'gifts', he should have a bigger impact on the other end of the floor.

Turnover leaders

1) Monta Ellis
2) Steve Nash
3) Kevin Durant
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Lebron James

What do the top 5 have in common? They are all relied upon to make their offense go. So the ball is in their hand the most. More opportunity = more turnovers.

Steals Leaders

1) Rajon Rondo
2) Chris Paul
3) Monta Ellis
4) Stephen Curry
5) Andre Iguodala

Yeah and Monta had 30 that same game where B-Roy had 37 and Monta had 34 in the game where he locked Roy up. This is where you'll probably say, "Well Brandon Roy wasn't guarding Monta" ... Yeah because HE CAN'T.

Don't get me wrong, Roy is one of those players on the offensive side of the floor that will sneak 40 on you, and I respect that. He doesn't do much else though. He sure hasn't been as complete as Monta this year. The numbers tell you that.

@ CZAR no one asked for your opinion. You give the most generalized arguments on this site, lol ... Go start a Lebron James McDonalds thread or somethin
Were never going to agree, on this topic, so its kinda useless to keep going back and forth......and i apologize for calling you an idiot, I had some drinks in me and Sports debates always gets me heated.

Sep 4, 2002

Turnover leaders

1) Monta Ellis
2) Steve Nash
3) Kevin Durant
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Lebron James

Steals Leaders

1) Rajon Rondo
2) Chris Paul
3) Monta Ellis
4) Stephen Curry
5) Andre Iguodala

Blazers don't turn the ball over very much, but they don't force shit for turnovers. they aren't gambling on defense like GS does.

brandon roy will sneak 40 on you, but doesn't do much else tho?... hahaha you are fucking high, lit, loaded, all of the above.

Roy is an all star. this isn't between Roy and Ellis anyways. Roy is the back up SG in the All star game. you guys were just praying mota got into a wild card spot.

Roy>ellis

The coaches speak for themselves. whats the excuse this time? last time you had someone close to the ASG it was B diddy, who you guys all said was shafted because Byron Scott was coaching the All star team that year.(even tho if hes coaching the team or not, his vote only counts once) suck it up. win some fucking games to be considered an all star... roy avg. 19 points a game his first season as an all star. its cause he does the little things and WINS

Sep 4, 2002

Turnover leaders

1) Monta Ellis
2) Steve Nash
3) Kevin Durant
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Lebron James

Steals Leaders

1) Rajon Rondo
2) Chris Paul
3) Monta Ellis
4) Stephen Curry
5) Andre Iguodala

by the way turning the ball over is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more of a factor in games then just turnovers off steals.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
fuck all that bullshit, not to take anything away from Brandon Roy, but Monta deserved a spot on the roster. Fuck if his teams bad or not, thats horseshit. Hes one of the most consistently exciting players to watch, a gamechanger, and hes one of the best scorers in the entire league this year. If you've watched him at all he has proven more often than not that he can score against anyone, at will, unlike anyone else. Even though the Dubs lost, that game against the Spurs (Spurs were at home) Monta matched his career high 42 points. The Warriors havent won a game there since 1998, they're like 0-32 since then, longest active road losing streak against one team. He shouldnt be punished for that, the Spurs hadn't allowed a 40 point game at home since MJ did it. He is the definition of an all-star. Baron Davis was one thing, this time around it's undeniable.

Sep 4, 2002
Should Monta be on the all star team? sure, but it shouldn't come at Brandon Roy's expense. hes proven clutch, winner, and scorer... you guys would have a better argument for chris paul and deron williams not being on there and monta put in their place.

May 10, 2002
brandon roy will sneak 40 on you, but doesn't do much else tho?... hahaha you are fucking high, lit, loaded, all of the above.
What else does he do?

Edit -

The coaches speak for themselves. whats the excuse this time? last time you had someone close to the ASG it was B diddy, who you guys all said was shafted because Byron Scott was coaching the All star team that year.(even tho if hes coaching the team or not, his vote only counts once) suck it up. win some fucking games to be considered an all star... roy avg. 19 points a game his first season as an all star. its cause he does the little things and WINS
I don't think there are any excuses being made. Team record plays a big part, it always has. That's why you don't see Brook Lopez as a reserve and he's MURDERING shit for a 2nd year guy. It's easy to say 'win some games', but when you're only playing 7 guys (one who MIGHT be considered a Center) and you are literally without a back-up at the guard spot for 5+ games, it's kind of tough right?

Not to mention that for 2 games, the Ws had a bench consisting of 3 D-League players and that's it. And they had to start Devean George!! Cut em some slack, lol

Roy's just the best player on a team of solid players. They have a good system and they win games. Roy's supporting cast > Monta's

May 10, 2002
by the way turning the ball over is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more of a factor in games then just turnovers off steals.
The point was (since this somehow turned into a Monta vs Roy debate) that Roy doesn't do much of anything that isn't on the offensive side of the ball

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Would it be so bad if Roy got "snubbed" one year...we know he's going to have many...i just dont see what monta would have to do to be an all-star...have the warriors win 50 games?

and yes its the east but lets take a look at both conferences

AI is a rediculous pick, obviously. Sixers are bad and people are just excited hes back on the team. Fine. Gerald Wallace deserved to be an all-star but im still surprised he was even picked. Bobcats are also .500, sitting in 7th/8th as of today. They are tied with the Bulls, but Derrick Rose is sick. All I can say about the east is thank god for the Wizards breakdown, thats at least 2 players you dont have to worry about getting on the team.

As for the West, it all comes down to being on a winning team. It helps Deron Williams and Chris Paul, cuz they're not gonna get snubbed. Chris Paul deserves to be there, look what he did to the Warriors the other night.

I guess it comes down to Monta being on a good team.

edit: every single player is on an a "good" team in the west

Sep 4, 2002
What else does he do?

Edit -

I don't think there are any excuses being made. Team record plays a big part, it always has. That's why you don't see Brook Lopez as a reserve and he's MURDERING shit for a 2nd year guy. It's easy to say 'win some games', but when you're only playing 7 guys (one who MIGHT be considered a Center) and you are literally without a back-up at the guard spot for 5+ games, it's kind of tough right?

Not to mention that for 2 games, the Ws had a bench consisting of 3 D-League players and that's it. And they had to start Devean George!! Cut em some slack, lol

Roy's just the best player on a team of solid players. They have a good system and they win games. Roy's supporting cast > Monta's
you really wanna get into the argument of who has had a more depleted bench?? we are starting a 16 year vet PF at center, our back up "center" is a rookie. we called up Anthony Tolliver outta the D-league and he played with us too.

I agree the blazers management put together a better team then the warriors.. its just was you same warrior fans were telling me Anthony Randolph is better right now and will be light years beyond Aldridge in years to come(yeah.... Right) and he's our 2nd best player.

lol!!! "roy is just the best player, on a team with really good players" ohh snap. you got em there. now he really doesn't deserve an all star bid... hahaha. you must be shitty to be the best outta everyone on this team.

Sep 4, 2002
What else does he do?

Edit -

you can't compare the East to West. in the east you can be on a shitty team and make the all star team. take for example devin harris making the all star team last year.

May 10, 2002
you can't compare the East to West. in the east you can be on a shitty team and make the all star team. take for example devin harris making the all star team last year.
I can and I will. Brook Lopez has better numbers than Al Horford, but Al Horford makes the All-Star team. You tell me why that is.

lol!!! "roy is just the best player, on a team with really good players" ohh snap. you got em there. now he really doesn't deserve an all star bid... hahaha. you must be shitty to be the best outta everyone on this team.
How did you manage to use the quote function, then misquote me? lol

Relative to the context of the discussion, the correct quote backs up my argument.

Sep 4, 2002
I can and I will. Brook Lopez has better numbers than Al Horford, but Al Horford makes the All-Star team. You tell me why that is.

How did you manage to use the quote function, then misquote me? lol

Relative to the context of the discussion, the correct quote backs up my argument.
ok, I shoulda said, its easier to make the East all star team and be on a shitty team. its possible in the east. in the west that shit doesn't even have a chance to happen

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Dont get mad at me for speakin the truth! Its flat out the truth that Roy is a better player then Ellis. If u think otherwise u just bein biased! Also no he didnt deserve to go to the allstar game with a wack ass record like that. Check the records of all the all stars and see if u can see a trend? The truth hurts dont it. Got Em!!