Cuttoff Age For Rappers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2006
I think AL Bundy was fuckin' around...pretty sure Beesh ain't hit 40 yet
he's early 40's for sure. he dont look it. but he dont look 40+ he relevant and there are people all over the world checking for him. real street music and musicains are like those blues dudes. they can actually give you better game on life and whats happening then a 22 year old who really aint never seen the world

Feb 16, 2006
bad comparision. country is real songs from the heart writting by songwriters. While rap is trends and fads. imo if a rapper starts looking old and grey they should stay behind the scenes and push young talent.
forget whats on the radio. the real classics and most of these guys still rocking in their 40's have real songs written from the heart. if e-40 get grey he just gonna start spitting from the perspective of a grandpa thats stil game tight and done seen it all. and we still gonna buy it. if you out here trying to do something game related and your grandpa was one of the best to ever do it. you wouldn't want him to lace you?

Feb 8, 2003
P.S

being a old aged rapper is like being a old ass boxer or professional wrestler. they start looking pathetic and washed up after a certain time. can u picture aaron pryor fighting floyd mayweather in a match next month or superstar billy gram fighting jonh cena next week.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
it can be to late to start, but cats like 40, short, there voices alone are legendary, they can talk over a beat and its hard.

Feb 8, 2003
These artists still perform: STEVIE WONDER, ROLLING STONES, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN,GEORGE CLINTON, EARTH WIND & FIRE, GRATEFUL DEAD...so why should RAP artists stop rapping by a certain age? Nigga!!!
they do way different music vibe music and different crowds of people then rappers not to mention they concerts mostly be at stadium and arenas. rappers mostly do night club shows. Theres a difference. rap is more of trends and fads.

Feb 8, 2003
forget whats on the radio. the real classics and most of these guys still rocking in their 40's have real songs written from the heart. if e-40 get grey he just gonna start spitting from the perspective of a grandpa thats stil game tight and done seen it all. and we still gonna buy it. if you out here trying to do something game related and your grandpa was one of the best to ever do it. you wouldn't want him to lace you?
This has nothing to do whats on the radio. so thats not even the issue or what im talking about. Lets be real i give forty props for what he done.

im bout to school you check this out.

not everybody can relate to being a hustler, pushing weight, driving fancy whips, putting holes in niggas, shaking that azz at the club, beefs (thats fantasy island tommy dreamer shit). a old azz rapper that looks old too would look so damn pathetic rapping about selling dope and being at the club especially when his medicad and aarp bout to kick in.

but everybody in the world can relate to deep topics like love, heart breaks, hardtimes in life, happiness, god etc bc everybody goes thru that. catch my drift?

far as this thread i say depending on the aging appearence is when they should cutoff. bc thats gonna look creepy for a 15 year old girl having a grandpa looking rapper poster up on her wall. image matters in rap more then any other genre.

Feb 16, 2006
P.S

being a old aged rapper is like being a old ass boxer or professional wrestler. they start looking pathetic and washed up after a certain time. can u picture aaron pryor fighting floyd mayweather in a match next month or superstar billy gram fighting jonh cena next week.
those are bad examples because those are physical things. this game is mental. i guarantee fillmore slim and gangsta brown got more game for a hoe than the 23 year old high on bo yelling its all on a bitch.

Feb 8, 2003
those are bad examples because those are physical things. this game is mental. i guarantee fillmore slim and gangsta brown got more game for a hoe than the 23 year old high on bo yelling its all on a bitch.
thats a bad comparision too comparing a pimp to a recording artist if anything u was better off comparing a prostitute to a artist. but since u wanna use that comparision pimps always replacing hoes when they get old wore out & looking for new younger hoes to take under they wing. what does a pimp do to a hoe thats wore out, washed up and not making them bread anymore? get rid of her or have her keep track of all the younger hoes. so there u go

Apr 25, 2002
How are underground artist not being realistic? I'd like to know what you meant by that. What is your personal views on it?

My personal perspective is, if you love doing what you're doing then continue doing it. It doesn't matter if your making money off it. The bottom line is the happiness within yourself.

I see many say that after 30 it probably won't happen & that's true to an extent, but the music industry has so much more to offer. I think the biggest problem is the mind frame of a lot of underground rappers. The main problem is, everybody wants to be in the limelight / the main rapper etc. I think if older / "nobody" rappers use their knowledge to help a younger "nobody" rapper he can still fulfill his dream of making it through somebody else. It would satisfy the soul knowing he had enough knowledge to make it.

The other side is, who knows? A major might discover you in your mid 40's and your still a "nobody" rapper doing it for the love of it. If you have true skills, but not the looks a major might hire you as ghost writer. In my opinion that's a lot better than living with "What if's" the rest of your life.

In the very end you either got rich or died trying, but the biggest thing is, you never gave up.

aint no "nobody" gonna be happy with just bringin some new cat up. that will not fill in the void of him wanting to be a rap artist. thats like an old lady tryna live her high school cheerleading dreams through her daughter.

do it for the love untill your 85 years old. thats cool. but we all know that mothafuckas want to get paid off rap. everybody thinks their shit is the hot new shit. be realistic in the sence that, and this has been discussed on this forum, rap is a young mans game. using "knowledge" to help someone else come up only means you was better at helping a rapper with a brighter future then you was of an actual artist. and the music industry has hella lotta tons to offer other than being the star of the show. but thats what every fuckin rapper wants to be. the star of the show. if not then wouldnt they start and stay in the back ground?

basically, everything you typed is about a rapper that couldnt make it as a rapper. thats my point.

Dec 28, 2009
Every song I make has the potential to make money and money doesn't care how old I am. I wish I would have made an effort to record more songs throughout the years because I have watched the money I make from music grow with my catalog. That's the advice I give anybody that wants to do music whether they are old or young. But obviously if a younger artist takes my advice they have a good headstart towards growing their catalog.

May 20, 2006
thats a bad comparision too comparing a pimp to a recording artist if anything u was better off comparing a prostitute to a artist. but since u wanna use that comparision pimps always replacing hoes when they get old wore out & looking for new younger hoes to take under they wing. what does a pimp do to a hoe thats wore out, washed up and not making them bread anymore? get rid of her or have her keep track of all the younger hoes. so there u go

Record companies = Pimps

Artists = Hoes

.... I always felt that being a "new" rap artist is a young man's hustle....

Fiddy is the oldest "new" successful artist that i can think of....

he dropped "Get Rich or Die Trying" @ 27..... he was pushin it, but got it in

May 16, 2002
aint no "nobody" gonna be happy with just bringin some new cat up. that will not fill in the void of him wanting to be a rap artist. thats like an old lady tryna live her high school cheerleading dreams through her daughter.

do it for the love untill your 85 years old. thats cool. but we all know that mothafuckas want to get paid off rap. everybody thinks their shit is the hot new shit. be realistic in the sence that, and this has been discussed on this forum, rap is a young mans game. using "knowledge" to help someone else come up only means you was better at helping a rapper with a brighter future then you was of an actual artist. and the music industry has hella lotta tons to offer other than being the star of the show. but thats what every fuckin rapper wants to be. the star of the show. if not then wouldnt they start and stay in the back ground?

basically, everything you typed is about a rapper that couldnt make it as a rapper. thats my point.

That was exactly my point! Bottom line is, not everybody is going to make it & that is something everyone should have in the back of their mind. I don't care how positive / confident you may be & how talented each person thinks they are. Or what their Homies within their circle are telling them. There is a strong chance that person is not going to make it. That's just the cold hard fact.

I do believe someone could feel satisfaction through someone you help guide. It's pretty much like a coach's frame of mind. He's out there supporting his team & wants a win. Perhaps he one day dreamed of playing in the NFL, but never made it, but he's still doing what he loves. And maybe one of his players makes it & has his coach to thank for it. I think that is realistic & something to be very proud of.

Apr 28, 2003
I think the age for niggas TO rap should be raised..because these little young wack rappers that are coming out aint putting it down. DB The General assed half ass rappers ain't cuttin it..

All of the rappers from the 90's have been holding it down for the bay. The youngsters arn't stepping it up.

Dec 20, 2003
hip hop was born in 1977 its the youngest genre in music its not even 35 years old lets have this convo 25 years from now if u love music go ahead and record as long as you want and if your making money thats great are you gonna tell your mom to quit her job at 35 cuz she is to old man people got mouths to feed let them live

Apr 25, 2002
and if your making money thats great are you gonna tell your mom to quit her job at 35 cuz she is to old man people got mouths to feed let them live
if your makin money at it. everybody acts like they makin money at it. everybody wants it to seem like they makin money at it and their a factor and too good to quit.

i dont think Short, 40, or Bash should quit. they already in the game and got a fan base and actually makin money.