Crhymes The Clown

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
maybe we should change the topic to "suggestions for E-low" since its turned into that..

i think its good people give opinions but just like being in your own car...

you pick the cds to play...you aint gonna let someone take your shit out and put theirs in...

a related album cover name to throw in your CD player of life...:

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
You rock with the best...How much do you get paid to open up for these acts? When I hear you spittin shit with major artist...like who? Bone? They washed up...It makes me wonder how much you pay to get em on a track.
Anybody can get any feature with some money. Who was hating on you? Who mentioned you or your music? You put yourself in this conversation. You wanna talk about hating on the hometeam...all I have to say is Joey. Who cares what he said about you, you should have just ignored it and went back on your grind.
''WHO'S HATING ON ME''? YOU FOR STARTERS. I MEAN, THIS THREAD IS CALLED ''CRHYMES THE CLOWN'' SO MISS ME WITH THAT SHIT. AND AS FAR AS JOEY GOES.. I DONT LET ANY SUCKA SLANDER MY NAME WITH OUT HEARIN WHUT I GOT TO SAY ABOUT IT. IM A MAN AND I AINT GOTTA IGNORE SHIT. SO DONT TELL ME WHUT I ''SHOULDA'' DONE. AND YES, I SAID ''I ROCK WITH THE BEST'', SAY WANT U SAY ABOUT BONE, BUT THEY ARE STILL A MULTI PLATNUM SELLIN GROUP WITH A GRAMMY AND TWO AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS. ONE OF WHICH THEY RECIEVED LAST YEAR. I DONT SEE TO MANY WASH UP GROUPS WINNING AWARDS. AND YES WE DID PAY TO DO A TRACK WITH LAYZIE BONE, BUT IN TURN BONE THUGS FEATURED US ON THERE UP COMMIN STREET L.P. CUZ THEY WAS FEELIN OUR BUSINESS, NOT TO MENTION OUR MUSIC SKILLS AND NETWORKING ABILITIES. WHICH GOES BACK TO ENVESTING IN YOUR OWN PRODUCT. IF U BELIVE IN UR CD, THEN PAY YOUR DUES AND TREAT THAT SHIT LIKE A BUSINESS. BIG UPS TO ALL THOSE DOIN THEY THANG, EVEN U RASKL. I DONT KNOW U AND U DONT KNOW ME. EVERYONE CAN HAVE THEY OWN OPINION. DAGO UP, HATERS DOWN! THATS THE MOTTO I LIVE BY!

www.DagoSD.com

Oct 19, 2006
maybe we should change the topic to "suggestions for E-low" since its turned into that..

i think its good people give opinions but just like being in your own car...

you pick the cds to play...you aint gonna let someone take your shit out and put theirs in...

a related album cover name to throw in your CD player of life...:
Yeah that would be a good section...

Apr 21, 2006
this has nothing to do with elow, its basic economics. Supply and demand. Rappers are no longer the product, they r the consumers. A whole demographic of consumers ready to pay. Producers, magazines, graphic artist, printers, venues, etc etc is where its at. The fact that everyone is trying to rap, world wide is fuckin up the game. It was prophesized "too many emcees not enough mics"

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
this has nothing to do with elow, its basic economics. Supply and demand. Rappers are no longer the product, they r the consumers. A whole demographic of consumers ready to pay. Producers, magazines, graphic artist, printers, venues, etc etc is where its at. The fact that everyone is trying to rap, world wide is fuckin up the game. It was prophesized "too many emcees not enough mics"
U SMACK IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE GEE.
HERES A LIL SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO SHARE WITH YALL AGAIN!

Everyone Is an Singer/Rapper/Musician/DJ..

The problem with this is
that artists have become commodities, lowering their value.

A commodity is a useful item that is undifferentiated in the marketplace, is taken for granted and thus has a low value.

In the days before marketing, if you went to
the corner store and asked for oatmeal, the clerk would scoop the
product out of a barrel, bag it and sell it to you....no Quaker Oats,
no General Mills oatmeal, no Oat's and Honey.Oatmeal was a
commodity.

Raising a common product from the commodity level allows you to charge
higher prices, and is accomplished by branding.

Branding is marketing
and positioning yourself in the marketplace in a way that distinguishes
you from your competitors and creates customer identification with your
company.

There are three components to the successful launching of a product: production, marketing and distribution.

Thanks to Roland, Akai, Korg, Moog, Sony, etc, production of music is
affordable and ez. Anyone can make a decent recording in their home
with a few thousand dollars worth of equipment.

Thanks to Snocap, Gnutella, Napster, ITunes, etc...anyone can
distribute electronic versions of those songs for zero cost to millions
of possible purchasers via the Internet.

So the problem for the artist now is marketing...marketing is all about
the story.

Just producing a record used to be a big deal, now the question is, "Why should I buy your music with so much garbo floating around & What's in it for me?''

The old marketing was called the TV/Industrial Complex /Advertising and
went like this:

1. Buy Expensive Ads to Interrupt Lots of People
2. Get More Distribution
3. Sell more products.
4. Make a Profit

This worked fine when production was somewhat limited.

Now production is limitless, anyone can produce thousands of copies of
anything cheaply.

The new system is called the Fashion/Permission Complex:

1. Make Something Worth Talking About
2. Tell It to People Who Want to Hear it From You
3. They Spread the Word
4. Get Permission from Them to tell Them About Your Next Fashion/Product.

So the focus for today's successful artist is marketing.

Production and Distribution problems have been solved.
Anyone can nowrelease a CD of music.
The new question Is "Who is this artist? Why
should I care about them? Why should I identify with them and
ultimately buy their songs? It's all about the story.

"Oh, but I've got a great story!", the artist says...I am different, I
came up from the streets/ghetto/middle class/wealth/...(fill in your
story here)...I paid my dues, I moved to NY/Chi/whatever from
wherever...my mother beat me as a child and raped me....

This IS not what I mean by the story.

The story isn't what you tell the customer about yourself...the story is what the customer tells themselves about how they feel when they buy your products.

A customer standing in line at Whole Foods with a filled grocery cart is telling
themselves a story, "I care about the environment/about the treatment
of the animals I eat/I'm different/I care about my body/I am
conscious/ buying products at Whole Foods makes me feel as if I am making a difference.......A guy bumping hard rap music while driving down the
street is telling himself a story. He's saying, " I am hard.
I'm on one, Listening to this rap music makes me feel like a rider."

When a potential fan first hears/sees you...what story do they tell
themselves about how you as a product make them feel.

Can they put your music on loud during the summer and bump it down the street with there folks? Does it make their heads rock? Does playing your music tell people/their
parents how hard/cool/hip/rebellious they are? Do their parents hate
your music? That would be cool...a huge part of music sales are made
to adolescent kids using music to make a break from their parents.

When they listen to your music...how does it make them feel better
about themselves? What in it can they identify with? Hip-hop is about
making something out of nothing and rising up from less-than-perfect
circumstances.

Millions of people live under these
circumstances...millions identify with hip-hop.

Artist, what about YOU can people Identify with? What MUST they ID with? What about you do they NEED?

We know you want to be/are a star...what are you giving in return?
Why should we care about one more artist/CD/mixtape/comedy routine?

The first part of achieving a goal is knowing what you want.

The second, equally important part is knowing what you are willing to give
/capable of giving.

Most of you who read this are seriously talented,
have worked very hard and good at what you do, so you give your talent,
which is beautiful...and it's appreciated.

What emotional connection can you make with your fans, based on this
fact? How can your quest help them make it through their day? Does
your music give them hope? Make them feel like they can do something
good? Make them feel important? Meet their needs and your needs will
be met.

Oct 19, 2006
The truth is this...95% of humans are sheep. You as a artist tell them what they like and whats in style and what they should drink, etc etc. If any song gets enough radio play people will eventually like it and they will buy cause all they know how to do in this day and age is consume. I dont agree millions REALLY identify with hip hop, but like to think they do. People arent buying as much music because everybody is using the same story like ... I been shot 5 times ... and they suburban kids realized it isnt really that cool to be ghetto and they can get in trouble and would rather live a new fantasy life. I am too fucking high to keep writing and I dont even know if am making sense

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
all bullshit aside raskals5 i like the lil raskals clothing thing u got goin on bruh. i added ur space. holla at me and lemme know where i can cop a tee for the homies kid or sumthin....

Apr 26, 2006
This thread is the reason why I still bump OLDSCHOOL shit. Oldschool shit solves all my answers and needs. It's been ages since I put on the radio and listened to some Z90, Blazin or whatever the fuck. Smooth Jazz 98.1 definitely gets some play from me though.

I can't comprehend the new styles, it's for the youngsters. We went from some bad ass shit in the 90's to some garbage ass shit now, I just don't get the drastic change and step back.

*Then I look up on my screen and I see a "Ghostride the Whip" banner. haha give me a break.*

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
its a dead issue.

all this shit people are paying for honestly isnt doing SHIT unless u have your record in STORES in san diego. & most the rappers on here (besides fam bam & the sicc shop) dont have they shit in stores, which means the only way they are buying your shit is that hand to hand, parkinglot sale.
NOT TRUE, IT DONT MATTER IF U HAVE YOUR CD IN EVERY MUSIC STORE IN THE WORLD. WITHOUT PROPER MARKETING AND PROMOTION, U CAN HAVE THE DOPEST ALBUM EVER AND IT WONT SELL. SAD AS IT MAY BE, BUT BEING JUST AN ARTIST ISNT ENUFF. JUST LOOK AT DIDO BROWN, HE MARKETS AND PROMOTES HIS SELF ALL DAY EVERY DAY IN THE STREET ON A GUERILLA LEVEL. I'VE WITTNESSNED HIM AND HIS CAMP SCOOP UP G'S IN ONE DAY. SO ITS ALL IN YOUR HUSTLE. FREAKS DONT THINK IM COMMIN AT U FOUL OR TRYIN TO SINGLE U OUT, IM JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. THE DAY OF THE ARTIST IS DEAD SO WE GOTTA MOGUL UP!

Oct 19, 2006
you know what i hella want some weinerschizel right now
Pass that sheeit!!

all bullshit aside raskals5 i like the lil raskals clothing thing u got goin on bruh. i added ur space. holla at me and lemme know where i can cop a tee for the homies kid or sumthin....
I dont go on myspace that much, I think I was on last night cause I am working on somebodys myspace page. I have some shirts around but I recently was very sick and in the hospital for a bit and I been thinking about doing all new stuff this summer. I will check again for the add

Oct 19, 2006
NOT TRUE, IT DONT MATTER IF U HAVE YOUR CD IN EVERY MUSIC STORE IN THE WORLD. WITHOUT PROPER MARKETING AND PROMOTION, U CAN HAVE THE DOPEST ALBUM EVER AND IT WONT SELL. SAD AS IT MAY BE, BUT BEING JUST AN ARTIST ISNT ENUFF. JUST LOOK AT DIDO BROWN, HE MARKETS AND PROMOTES HIS SELF ALL DAY EVERY DAY IN THE STREET ON A GUERILLA LEVEL. I'VE WITTNESSNED HIM AND HIS CAMP SCOOP UP G'S IN ONE DAY. SO ITS ALL IN YOUR HUSTLE. FREAKS DONT THINK IM COMMIN AT U FOUL OR TRYIN TO SINGLE U OUT, IM JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. THE DAY OF THE ARTIST IS DEAD SO WE GOTTA MOGUL UP!
He is right and if you had a bunch of cd's sitting on a self in a bunch of stores, you would go broke from all the returns...I been fucking with Dido Brown before he rapped and him and his camp scoop at least a G every single day and thats a fact. It is a lot of work a lot of crap and cost also...cars, gas, payroll, etc etc but if you believe in your music I suggest anybody who wants to get out there, start with this route. Rejection will be hard at first but dont let that stop you

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
He is right and if you had a bunch of cd's sitting on a self in a bunch of stores, you would go broke from all the returns...I been fucking with Dido Brown before he rapped and him and his camp scoop at least a G every single day and thats a fact. It is a lot of work a lot of crap and cost also...cars, gas, payroll, etc etc but if you believe in your music I suggest anybody who wants to get out there, start with this route. Rejection will be hard at first but dont let that stop you
WOW, WE FINALLY AGREE ON SOMETHING. LOL!

Dec 5, 2007
you know what chrymes, yall could probably agree on a lot... i think instead of everybody tryna act like THEY know the game, niggaz need to just do what they can for each other and do for they damn self and put out some good music and push that shit and make some damn noise out here cuz once you go south of LA it get real muthafuckin quiet as far as the rap game goes. so fuck what anybody say. if you like what you doin, push the hell out of your shit. i know we all (the west as a whole) are kinda blackballed even by our own fuckin djs, but are we now going to go cannibal and feed on each other or are we going to unite as one army and charge the hill, swords held high, screaming to the heavens VICTORY WILL BE OURS!!! ... i just had a braveheart moment homie.. for real.

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
but u arent understanding my point.

to be on the TV - but no1 knows how to get ur record.... whats the use of being on TV?

THE USE OF THAT IS MAKING YOUR SELF RECOGNIZABLE TO THE COMSUMER. THE MORE FOLKS SEE U AND GET TO KNOW U, THE EASIER IT WILL BE WHEN UR RECORD DOES FINALY COME OUT. MAYBE WHEN THEY SEE IT, INSTEAD BEING LIKE ''WHOS THAT!'' THEY COULD BE LIKE, ''OH I REMEMBER DUDE FROM THAT TV SHOW, SO LET ME GIVE THIS A CHANCE SINCE I LIKED HIS STUFF ON THERE.''

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
who does your graphics? that shit is consistently garbage

step that up alone and youll have some more success

damn.
WOW! LOL.. I DO MY OWN SHIT, BUT IF U GOT THE HOOK ON COO DESIGNER SHOOT EM MY WAY. I DONT PRIDE MY SELF ON MY GRAFFICS BUT I NEEDED TO PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER, SO I LEARNED A LIL BIT OF PHOTOSHOP THREW SOME TUTURIALS AND WAH-LA!. I DO AGREE WITH U ON STEPPIN UP THE GRAFFICS SO GET AT ME IF U HAVE SOMEONE GOOD.

Oct 26, 2006
WWW.DAGOSD.COM
but are we now going to go cannibal and feed on each other or are we going to unite as one army and charge the hill, swords held high, screaming to the heavens VICTORY WILL BE OURS!!! ... i just had a braveheart moment homie.. for real.
LOL, U FOO FOR THAT MEL GIBSON SHIT! AND IF THEY DONT WANNA ACT RIGHT, THEN CALL ME HANNIBAL.