cmon now 40...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2003
white people probably accounted for the majority of e-40's records before this song.

just like they account for the majority of hip hop sales. this isnt done to reach white people. this is selling out.

Feb 9, 2003
Unless he had no clue they were going to use this verse on this song there should be no excuse for alienating his core audience in order for him to go pop for money.

that's selling out.

Feb 9, 2003
true.

but then i thought up a counter point to that.

and another counter point to my counter point.

and a counter point to the counter point of my initial counter point.

all using examples from his body of work.

hip hop paradox!

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
well i am just speaking from experience. but i been in a situation where a cat needed some beats, he was pretty weak, but hey rent was due, and i was broke.
As an artist, yes we want to maintain artistic integrity, but how many of ou would turn down 3 racks for a quick 16 bar verse? I dont care how much money you got, its quick and easy money.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
E 40 dont rap for free. im willing to bet he got paid more for that verse and video appearance than 98% of you make over a 90 period at your job.

im just saying though!!!!!! #WhyHate???????

Apr 25, 2002
well i am just speaking from experience. but i been in a situation where a cat needed some beats, he was pretty weak, but hey rent was due, and i was broke.
As an artist, yes we want to maintain artistic integrity, but how many of ou would turn down 3 racks for a quick 16 bar verse? I dont care how much money you got, its quick and easy money.
i'm really no arguing against you , it's funny people say the shit "he sold out" , other are saying "get your money"

i dont think 40 needed the money , i aint sayin he sold out either he's doin what he talks about gettin money

since when in america did gettin money have to do with ingerity anyway ?