[BOXING]Ellerbe: "Hatton, Want Floyd? Sign The Contract!"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
By Mark Vester

In a recent interview conducted by BoxingScene's Tim Smith in his NY Daily News Column, Leonard Ellerbe, the adviser of Floyd Mayweather, Jr., said that if Ricky Hatton really wants to fight Floyd, all he needs to do is sign the contract.

Ellerbe said the trash talking games are over, Mayweather is tired of Hatton always taking shots at him in the press, and says the two sides can get together and make the fight this week. Hatton has been baiting Mayweather with comments in the press for the last few years, and the baiting appears to have finally paid off.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Leonard Ellerbe said. "All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity. We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name. When we make the deal we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade. Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe said that Team Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's recent fourth-round knockout of Jose Luis Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center. Following the win, Hatton took another verbal jab at Mayweather.

"He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract. Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phony he is," Ellerbe said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=9220 :cool:

Looks like Mayweather called his bluff; let's see what happens!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
This will be a good fight but Floyd will win. He'll find a way... if he took that pressure from De La Hoya like he did and still kept his composure he'll do the same with Hatton. Floyd will take this one too...

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
It was a real good fight, IMO...but Tsyzu, in between rounds, looking at the crowd, looked scared, IMO...LOL.

It was funny. Those fucking Euros were WILD that night. Want a copy? I'll send it to you.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Good lookin't out. I'll pass on the copy since I already know who won. Fighting in Hatton's in hometown wouldn't be good for anybody. Them dudes can get wild up there...

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
It was real wild...I thought they were going to riot when Hatton came in...

And then afterwards...fucking crazy. I'm watching right now.

"blllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue moon! I said BLUE MOON!"

Aug 6, 2006
Hatton just may get embarrassed if he accepts this fight, either way he's going to look bad now. Either he has to back down from all of his shit talking, or go in the ring and literally get beat up.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think it will be a good fight but I think Mayweather might catch him coming in to hold. Hatton likes to throw punches and then hold and smother his opponents punches. I don't think Mayweather would go out like that though...Mayweather will probably find a way to throw and land his punches.

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
hope it happens dont care who wins cuz i really cant stand either but should shut one of these guys up thats for sure.. im goin with the rest of you guys and predict mayweather to win but im not counting hatton out he is what 40 somthin and 0..

Aug 6, 2006
"He talked the talk. He tried to disrespect me on the network Saturday. Now all this punk has to do is sign a contract ASAP and that's his ass. I doubt he's going to step up to the plate because all he does is use my name to promote himself. We're going to find out very shortly if he really wants the fight. He signs the contract I promise you I'll beat that ass back to England," said Mayweather.

"He's talking about action which is crazy because this dude did more holding in his last fight which only lasted four rounds, than I have in my whole career. He keeps on letting my name come out his mouth, he just needs to be careful what he asks for, cause ain't nothing but the truth over here," said Mayweather.

"Everybody knows I'm the crem de la crem, pound for pound the best in the world, hands down. If this chump wants a shot at the best, all his punk ass has to do is sign a contract ASAP and I'll show him what real body work is. Matter fact, I stop Ricky Hatton with a body shot."
:cool:

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
i can't stand mayweather...i really don't think he's gonna take this fight, even if hatton wants it...i really think he's gonna stay retired, after he thinks bout it, he knows he ain't got much to prove...so yeah, no fight is gonna happen unless it's another de la hoya fight imo

Aug 6, 2006
http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story_Page/0,14442,6164_2447795,00.html

Hatton told to tempt Pretty Boy

Ricky Hatton's dream showdown against Floyd Mayweather has moved closer to becoming reality after his stunning win over Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

Mayweather's uncle and trainer Roger Mayweather says his man could be ready to reverse the retirement decision he announced after outpointing Oscar De La Hoya next month.

And Hatton would be high on his list of potential future opponents with few other rivals capable of providing the pay-per-view interest required to bankroll a Mayweather return.

Roger Mayweather said: "The only way for Ricky to get Floyd in the ring is to drive up to where Floyd is at with a big truck-load of money to persuade him out of retirement.

"If Ricky and Floyd did fight it would be one of the greatest fights of all time. There has to be enough money, but enough money will get a dead man out of his grave."

Hatton has wasted no opportunity to pour scorn on what he perceives to be

Mayweather's negative style, claiming his latest win contained more excitement than Mayweather's whole career.

Hatton took less than four full rounds to dispatch the Mexican - who had previously twice been the distance with Mayweather - with a breathtaking body shot.

And despite many shrewd judges giving Hatton little chance against the commonly accepted pound-for-pound world number one, Hatton is rightly bullish about his ability to hand Mayweather his first defeat.

Hatton said: "Mayweather might be the pound-for-pound best in the world but I think my style is his worst nightmare. I think I've got the style to beat him. He needs me like he needs a hole in the head."

Fuelled by a growing desire to contest super-fights for the remainder of his career, Hatton says he is reconsidering his previous pledge never again to step up to the 147lbs welterweight limit.

On his only previous attempt, he struggled desperately to outpoint Luis Collazo in Boston last and was subsequently warned against repeating the feat by his trainer Billy Graham.

However given the exodus of potential 140lbs rivals like Mayweather and Miguel Cotto to the higher division, Hatton is having second thoughts and now believes his future may lie in putting on the pounds.

Hatton added: "That is where all the big names are. Against Collazo I had seven weeks to move up and I didn't carry the weight comfortably and I lost a bit of mobility.

"Nigel Benn told me I really needed two or three fights to grow into the weight and given more time I am convinced I would be able to fight a damn sight better."

Hatton's advisers are currently renegotiating promotional and television deals but favour a triumphant homecoming later this year for his next fight.