[BOXING]Ellerbe: "Hatton, Want Floyd? Sign The Contract!"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Hatton needs to stop with the excuses about his weight. Step up to 147 and fight Floyd like he's been begging to do. Hopefully he won't hold so much.... the fight would be too big for him to get away with all the holding he does. I think the ref would deduct points and force him to fight without holding. Floyd will take this dude...

Mar 24, 2006
Hatton vs. Mayweather would make alot of fuckin money if it were to ever happen...i dont think Floyd will pass this oppurtunity up...What he really needs to do is get at Mosley for a fight, he knows his ass would get mopped up though so i seriously doubt that fight will ever happen.

If tha hatton vs. mayweather fight was to ever go down, i would love to see it happen over in England.

Oct 18, 2003
they could be talk'n right now you seen my thread shit i don't think floyds driving with the caravan for nuthen! shit he' s prolly fucking with some paperwork and trying to make it happen.

Dec 9, 2005
I don't think Hatton would be able to cope with Floyd's speed...he's always had problems with really quick guys...and he hasn't been in the ring with anyone even near the speed that Floyd has. Plus, its a bad style matchup for Ricky. He would get caught with counters all day when trying to come in to clinch.

Floyd takes this one easily.

I'd much rather see Sugar Shane fight Floyd, I'd go with Shane for the win too..

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I agree with Morebass.... Yeah Hatton would get countered all day. Floyd is too skilled...

Now a Shane vs Mayweather fight would be good. I'd pay to see that one...

Aug 6, 2006
Floyd definitely should not retire. I think Shane needs a tune-up match, and assuming that Floyd beats Hatton I want to see them go at it in early 08. Then maybe we can get a super fight at welter weight with the winner of Mayweather/Mosely fighting the winner of Cotto vs Margarito or Williams...

May 6, 2002
ParkBoyz said:
Based on what?
He will put it on him like Castillo did in their first match. Come straight forward, smother him, and throw shots on the inside. Except Hatton hits almost twice as hard and is a lot more rugged.

If Mayweather does fight Hatton, which I highly doubt he will, it will be Floyds first time fighting a high claiber fighter who isn't past their prime.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
What? What about Chico? Chico was a high caliber fighter in his prime (both were undefeated) and Mayweather was knocking him silly.

Aug 6, 2006
^People tend to look past that, also Castillo was in his prime and Genaro Hernandez was a reigning champ with only one loss when Floyd met him.

714KaliHydro said:
He will put it on him like Castillo did in their first match. Come straight forward, smother him, and throw shots on the inside. Except Hatton hits almost twice as hard and is a lot more rugged.

If Mayweather does fight Hatton, which I highly doubt he will, it will be Floyds first time fighting a high claiber fighter who isn't past their prime.
Why do people say this, you're starting to make it seem like you're just repeating what you heard before because I've never heard any other reasons as to how Hatton would beat Floyd, everyone makes the Castillo comparison, they did it with De La Hoya too. Talkin about, "De La Hoya's gonna win through pressure and fight like Castillo did in their first fight, only that Hoya is bigger, stronger, and faster, so he will beat Floyd". What people don't realize is that Floyd adjusts and the first Castillo fight is the only fight that I think Floyd took lightly and almost lost, so in their rematch he made the necessary adjustments and beat Castillo more convincingly. After that he faced Phillip N'dou, who was probably the most relentless pressure fighter Floyd has faced(he had 31 wins and 30 KOs at the time) and Mayweather knocked him out in the 7th! He adjusts, pressure isn't enough to beat Mayweather, why can't people see that?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Damn... I didn't know he beat N'dou. 31 wins and 30 by KO? People are just hating on Flody. Chico was at the top of his game when Floyd knocked him out too...

Nov 16, 2004
Will be one of the biggest boxing events, will break international record PPV orders IMO lol. Hatton has to come to FMJ's domain in Vegas to fight, don't make no sense to call out the champ and ask him to come overseas to fight.

Dec 9, 2005
^ Foreal. 11,000 tickets sold in the UK...out of 19,000. Thats what you call loyalty. Half of those toothless bastards probably don't even know what boxing is ! LOL

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
It will be in US soil. Who cares really? They can fight anywhere in the world and the majority of the fans will be cheering for Hatton. His fan-base is loyal as fuck, they'll travel anywhere.
People in other countries don't know how to act when things don't go their way. I know you see all them riots that be happening at soccer matches in other countries. If Floyd was to win a close UD I can see a riot happening if the fight was held on Hatton's home turf.