BioShock 2 launch party

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
Didn't know where to post this, so I'm gonna post here, since it's directly pertaining to a video game.

Ok, so I just got home from a weekend in San Francisco. Being the huge BioShock nerd I am--and probably the biggest fan around--I was invited to the BioShock 2 release party by 2K. It was actually a two-day thing for me and about 5 other people, because we were first invited to the 2k Marin studios in Novato for an exclusive studio tour. Melissa Miller, 2K Games Senior Producer, greeted us, along with some of the devs. Unfortunately, they didn't let us take pictures in there, due to some privacy shit, but I got some pics from outside the studios. It was such a surreal experience because we actually got to sit down and have lunch with the guys who worked in the making of BioShock 2, along with Jordan Thomas. After that, they took us into this room that was set up with about 15 xboxes and monitors where they let us have a go for the first time, and before the entire world, pretty much, at the BioShock 2 multiplayer. I can't tell you what it was and what we experienced (we signed some privacy policy stating that we cannot talk about it when we got there), but I can tell you that it's fucking awesome!

Now, before you say "pics or it didn't happen", let me post a few pics from the party. I had a GREAT fucking time and feel so honored to have been there. One of the great things about it, was that it was open bar for everyone in there. The party actually took place at club Mezzanine in San Francisco.

Me with Creative Director Jordan Thomas (I was a little too excited, so I look pretty stupid with that huge grin on my face).

Me with a forum friend.

They had a really cool band playing 30's, 40's, and 50's music.

I got a few posters signed by them and a mousepad. Also, one of the devs, the one who did most of the concept art for BioShock 2, made some custom-made paintings for us.

So, there ya have it. I may be a huge ass BioShock nerd, but I guess sometimes it pays off. Lol.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
That's awesome. That artwork/paintings look SICK.

I'd kill to be a part of something like that for Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, etc.

How exactly did you get into it? I know you said being a huge Bioshock fan, but can you elaborate a little more?

Aug 16, 2003
Very cool. Launch parties like that are awsome and it shows that the company is at least thinking about the fans (for more then there money lol) Looks like you had a fun time.

Whats the release date on the game?

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Didn't know where to post this, so I'm gonna post here, since it's directly pertaining to a video game.

Ok, so I just got home from a weekend in San Francisco. Being the huge BioShock nerd I am--and probably the biggest fan around--I was invited to the BioShock 2 release party by 2K. It was actually a two-day thing for me and about 5 other people, because we were first invited to the 2k Marin studios in Novato for an exclusive studio tour. Melissa Miller, 2K Games Senior Producer, greeted us, along with some of the devs. Unfortunately, they didn't let us take pictures in there, due to some privacy shit, but I got some pics from outside the studios. It was such a surreal experience because we actually got to sit down and have lunch with the guys who worked in the making of BioShock 2, along with Jordan Thomas. After that, they took us into this room that was set up with about 15 xboxes and monitors where they let us have a go for the first time, and before the entire world, pretty much, at the BioShock 2 multiplayer. I can't tell you what it was and what we experienced (we signed some privacy policy stating that we cannot talk about it when we got there), but I can tell you that it's fucking awesome!

Now, before you say "pics or it didn't happen", let me post a few pics from the party. I had a GREAT fucking time and feel so honored to have been there. One of the great things about it, was that it was open bar for everyone in there. The party actually took place at club Mezzanine in San Francisco.

Me with Creative Director Jordan Thomas (I was a little too excited, so I look pretty stupid with that huge grin on my face).

Me with a forum friend.

They had a really cool band playing 30's, 40's, and 50's music.

I got a few posters signed by them and a mousepad. Also, one of the devs, the one who did most of the concept art for BioShock 2, made some custom-made paintings for us.

So, there ya have it. I may be a huge ass BioShock nerd, but I guess sometimes it pays off. Lol.

Apr 15, 2007
www.facebook.com
^Lol.
How exactly did you get into it? I know you said being a huge Bioshock fan, but can you elaborate a little more?
I'm a Mod for their official 2k Games forums. Only the mods got exclusive invitations for the tour, but we were also invited to the release party, which was open to anyone 21 and older.
Very cool. Launch parties like that are awsome and it shows that the company is at least thinking about the fans (for more then there money lol) Looks like you had a fun time.

Whats the release date on the game?
Yeah, it was really cool. It's released February 9th at 12am. They're having an all-night party at Gamestop in San Francisco til midnight for all the ones who have theirs preordered, but I ain't going to that one. I'm just gonna go pick up mine Tuesday morning. I'm very excited. I've had it preordered forever.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
mari you seem to cool. we going to have to kick it one time.

cause of you i'm going to cop the first, beat the shit out of it, then get the sequal.

May 3, 2002
Sick artwork, that would be awesome to go too. I loved the first one, but was having my doubts about the 2nd. Then i saw the trailer and it looked sick as the first one. Then i kept hearing that its gonna be just alright. But i just saw IGN gave it a 9.1. So i think this is gonna be a must have.

Aug 7, 2003
Bioshock is tight, your not playing it for its first rate FPS controls or innovations but more for its atomsphere and story. even though it plays really good and they improved the controls even more. this 2nd one looks pretty tight and ill get it once i come up with some money to spend on it.