Bay Area Time is Now.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
People talkin bout shit is dead. Music is wack. I think the bay area is in the spotlight right now. We got mainstream hits. We got that Love rance beat the pussy up. Berner Yoko Ono. We got that swaggin all day song. Erk. 40 watta. Not rap related but Giants won the world series. Niners going to the Superbow.? Shit slappin. Even though Drake got some contraversy here right now. His biggest song out now shot in Frisco. It's time for the factors to step up. I'm talkin Quinn. Keak. Livewire. Jacka. What's up though? Who hungry?

Jun 18, 2005
Fuck the Giants Breh! & the 9ers are one game away from the SB Ya 90's baby!!!! So don't jinx them.......... Fuck SWAG/HYPHY aswell. MOB SHIT

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
People talkin bout shit is dead. Music is wack. I think the bay area is in the spotlight right now. We got mainstream hits. We got that Love rance beat the pussy up. Berner Yoko Ono. We got that swaggin all day song. Erk. 40 watta. Not rap related but Giants won the world series. Niners going to the Superbow.? Shit slappin. Even though Drake got some contraversy here right now. His biggest song out now shot in Frisco. It's time for the factors to step up. I'm talkin Quinn. Keak. Livewire. Jacka. What's up though? Who hungry?
None of the artists you mentioned is doing anything at the level of quality and originality that would make a Bay comeback happen in the way people want. And it is true that you don't need those things to make it big these days but it's hard to see those artists blow up either way, most of them are washed up and over the hill anyway

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
The youth in the Bay are requesting and speaking up for these artist. Thats why they are played more then your favorite bay mob artist. Things change so get used to it or just keep complaining about why mob music is a dieing generation . These kids are stealing the spot light nationaly from ur favorite mob artist from the bay. You collectively are blame why your favorite mob artist aint getting real love out side the bay because of the lack of true fan support ...yall treat these artist like there your homie instead of being a fan. You guys sound like mad parents that ur kids likes Nirvana and dont care for Elvis.

Apr 25, 2002
I've heard some decent Bay songs on the radio lately but like some previous posters have said, nothing in the actual sound of the music separates it from music styles from artists from other regions on the radio. Until the Bay goes back to creating its own sound and not mimicking music from the South and on the radio it's not going to take off. The rest of the US already is listening to artists doing what Bay artists are trying to do now.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
90% on this board dont even know who showy is. Thats because they're not going to shows that are being held at some of the beggest and most popular clubs in the bay. If u actually get out the house and mingle a little you would be up to date on wats really going on in the industry. Just because there popular on Siccness dont mean that there piping among the masses in the bay.

Jul 6, 2002
$o. $an Fran
Fuck what you talkin bout I'm an 80's baby but that's irrelevent. I don't know why people constantly hate on artists from the bay then complain why the bay don't got support. That sounds like some real 90's baby shit. I just threw that sports reference in there to show that the bay is getting some shine right now. Be it music or whatever. For the real hustlers out there doing this shit it could give you a little step up. For you haters out there down talking other people just to speak you ain't going nowhere.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Don't forger A-Wax is doing songs & videos with Brick Squad artists like YG Hootie, Waka Flocka Flame & Gucci Mane

[video=youtube;o46uujlVfVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o46uujlVfVE[/video]

Lil B although you guys dont like his wierd music he's one of the most contreversial and most talked about artists right now and he's putting it down for the bay.

Mistah F.A.B. put out a new album "I Found My Backpack 2 The Lost Notebook" that is getting commercial recognition and collaborated with big name artists like Talib Kweli, Royce Da 5'9" of Slaughterhouse, Prodigy of Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, & Noreaga. Its was even promoted on Suck Free Countdown along with a mini interview with Mistah F.A.B. himself talking about the album.

Kreayshawn although everyone in this forum hates her more than anybody she's is the biggest up and coming artist coming out the bay that as of last year made a name for herself even being nominated for best new artist at the MTV Video Music awards. an achievement that many still havent been able to do. Even collabing with big artists like Snoop Dogg, Juicy J of 3-6-Mafia, 2 Chainz, Trina & Da Brat. Also the beat for Gucci Gucci was used on a Lil Wayne mixtape and a singer from London Covered her song so shes a factor no matter what you think of her music. Not to mention getting a Million Dollar deal from Sony which more than half of you wish you had but front like you dont.

And lastly V-Nasty. although shes annoying as fuck to you guys she is also making a name for herself by Doing a collab album with one of the biggest rappers in the game right now Gucci Mane and doing a mini concert tour and even performing at this Years Bamboozle Festival along with Kreayshawn, Incubus, Foo Fighter, Mac Miller, Blink-182, Bon Jovi & many others.

Apr 20, 2005
what if the music is wack as fuck. but the artists' keep grinding, and remains to sound wack? should he/she still get some support?

May 16, 2002
I agree. The time is now. The youngsters are working hard. I work/network with alot of them that ur hearing on kmel . They need the support of everyone out here even if you dont feel them....its the only way to get the national attention back to the Bay.

what if the music is wack as fuck. but the artists' keep grinding, and remains to sound wack? should he/she still get some support?
No, if your not feeling it don't support it. That's the main problem with a lot of people, they're followers. Just because the Homies say it's tight & you honestly don't think it is, stay real & say so. It's better to stand on your own & be hated than trying to fit in & look like the rest of the idiots trying to convince everybody that garbage is platinum quality.

If something is whack & you support it simply to build the hype, your just contributing into trying to shove the same garbage into the music industry's throat. It becomes a full circle and you'll end up right back where you started. With a list full of flops.

Support good music & never be afraid to tell an artist his / her music is for shit. It's been a continuous problem & we end up with a bunch of yes men. Make that artist work & make him / her step their game up to make some quality music.

To say, support something even if you don't feel it... you might as well start supporting Lil B. & Kreayshawn for starters.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
No, if your not feeling it don't support it. That's the main problem with a lot of people, they're followers. Just because the Homies say it's tight & you honestly don't think it is, stay real & say so. It's better to stand on your own & be hated than trying to fit in & look like the rest of the idiots trying to convince everybody that garbage is platinum quality.

If something is whack & you support it simply to build the hype, your just contributing into trying to shove the same garbage into the music industry's throat. It becomes a full circle and you'll end up right back where you started. With a list full of flops.

Support good music & never be afraid to tell an artist his / her music is for shit. It's been a continuous problem & we end up with a bunch of yes men. Make that artist work & make him / her step their game up to make some quality music.

To say, support something even if you don't feel it... you might as well start supporting Lil B. & Kreayshawn for starters.
What you trying to say breh? >:/

:cheeky: lol