Banksy (Graffiti Ninja) Tagging in New Orleans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 7, 2006
I can't stand his shit..
Don't call me a hater, I just don't dig the "stencil as graffiti thing"... I'm old school in the sense that I like colors and letters. To me that's what graff is about. anyone can stencil... besides this guy is HELLA rich. It's like when a rich white kid from the suburbs "discovers" some small facet of graffiti, takes it back to the burbs, and he is deemed the greatest thing since sliced bread, when real cats like Cope 2, Crayone, etc...do REAL shit...
just my two cents...

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
^ you know him? lol. I have yet, after years, to find out who he really is. All I know is that he's from "the other side of the pond." I kinda like his stuff, though. Not so much for the "visual" part of it as much as the messages he usually conveys through his work. Sure, he uses stencils but most of his pieces seem to have a deeper meaning to them. I respect free-hand artists a lot more, though.

Sep 7, 2006
^ I myself don't know the guy, but I like the freehand stuff like you say.
He's from London, I've read a gang of shit on him though.. I aint tryin to disrespect, it's like Coca Cola or Pepsi, to each their own, but he has publicists the whole bit. He's on some rockstar type shit in London. And that's coo, I just like the real shit, the Futura 2000, Seen, etc...

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Dope, I agree with Hilsyde I like the message behind it more then the actual style he did it in. But a lot of people hate on him for no real reason at all (not you gia I've seen a lot of hate on him all over the web).

Dec 31, 2005
WWW.JDOTCOLOMBO.BLOGSPOT.COM
I can't stand his shit..
Don't call me a hater, I just don't dig the "stencil as graffiti thing"... I'm old school in the sense that I like colors and letters. To me that's what graff is about. anyone can stencil... besides this guy is HELLA rich. It's like when a rich white kid from the suburbs "discovers" some small facet of graffiti, takes it back to the burbs, and he is deemed the greatest thing since sliced bread, when real cats like Cope 2, Crayone, etc...do REAL shit...
just my two cents...
obviously you talk without thinking.dude used to do that kind of colorful lettering graffitit you speak of.he prefers to do political graff. now.

Dec 31, 2005
^ I myself don't know the guy, but I like the freehand stuff like you say.
He's from London, I've read a gang of shit on him though.. I aint tryin to disrespect, it's like Coca Cola or Pepsi, to each their own, but he has publicists the whole bit. He's on some rockstar type shit in London. And that's coo, I just like the real shit, the Futura 2000, Seen, etc...
futura.is on some rockstar shit too.he's done so much main stream shit.has his own toys.clothing.skateboards.etc. he is dope but how can u hate on one artist but not another when they do about the same thing?

Sep 7, 2006
^^^^ Relax ok..
Futura can be on some rockstar shit because he damn near invented alot of this shit.. He was the first cat to do stencils. So easy with the "obviously you talk without thinking" because I thought it out before I wrote it and I didn't want anyone to say "I was a hater".. I just got my opinions, and my preferences... and I do appreciate Bansky's messages, but I can't stand his shit.. him and all these stencil assed wheat paste using clowns.. I am cool.
besides I'm an older bitch, and I been down with graff since the 80's so I think I got good taste.... I think so...anyways.

Dec 31, 2005
^^^^ Relax ok..
Futura can be on some rockstar shit because he damn near invented alot of this shit.. He was the first cat to do stencils. So easy with the "obviously you talk without thinking" because I thought it out before I wrote it and I didn't want anyone to say "I was a hater".. I just got my opinions, and my preferences... and I do appreciate Bansky's messages, but I can't stand his shit.. him and all these stencil assed wheat paste using clowns.. I am cool.
besides I'm an older bitch, and I been down with graff since the 80's so I think I got good taste.... I think so...anyways.
wrong