"Bad Season" releasing to digital stores, with different/new tracks!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
^^ I'm not a "mixtape" fan at all. In fact I don't generally want to hear that shit. But the tags do tend to give you a nostalgic feeling of when cd burners were new and you'd download anything you could and put it on because it took you 14 hours to download and burn the shit.

At least a lot of my albums had tracks from mixtapes.
That's when kids were ballin' with Kazaa + dial-up. I remember hitting 5 kb/s and being like OH SHIT IT'S GOING FAST.

How times have changed.

Nov 14, 2002
That's when kids were ballin' with Kazaa + dial-up. I remember hitting 5 kb/s and being like OH SHIT IT'S GOING FAST.

How times have changed.
That's exactly when I'm talking about too. It's like.. Now if you don't like an album you just delete that shit. Back then you'd listen a shitty quality song that you didn't really like in the first place a thousand times because it took you 45 minutes to even dl it.

Aug 9, 2005
The holidays may be gone, but the Bad Season is just getting started! Strange Music and DJ Whoo Kid are proud to announce the release of the Bad Season mixtape. Here’s your chance to preorder your copy of this critically acclaimed mixtape! We are releasing a high quality CD version with 4 new tracks for you to digest! Preorder your copy today and make sure that regardless of what the weather’s like outside, you’re always in the middle of a Bad Season.
hmm :paranoid:

Jun 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
It's on amazon too if anyone wanted to listen to the snips, I rarely do but I had to hear how hard tech went in on that Bone track, I see why they didn't release it now, I'm not aware of too many rappers that could shine alongside what I just heard, also it's not really acapella, sounds like that chest beating shit he does.

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Season-Mixed-Whoo-Explicit/dp/B004ISESIK

Jan 29, 2006
It's on amazon too if anyone wanted to listen to the snips, I rarely do but I had to hear how hard tech went in on that Bone track, I see why they didn't release it now, I'm not aware of too many rappers that could shine alongside what I just heard, also it's not really acapella, sounds like that chest beating shit he does.

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Season-Mixed-Whoo-Explicit/dp/B004ISESIK
im guessing you didnt happen to see the first post in this thread?

Jul 11, 2005
It Wouldn't Be Crazy To Release A Mixtape For Sale Without The Tags, That's For Sure. If The Shits HQ & Mastered...Then Cool. But I Want A HQ Hard Liquor Too.

Nov 17, 2006
It's definitely without tags, because if you listen to the snippet of No More Music by the Suckas and Ego Trippin on amazon you will notice there's no gunshots where they would usually be on the mixtape version.

Sep 24, 2002
2 things would make me buy this in a heartbeat.

#1 no faggot ass dj
#2 since they wanna add the acapellas then add the instruments and the clean/dirtys as if its a single or something. the verses where sicc as fuck why the hell wouldn't they include the beat if only it being techs verse

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
2 things would make me buy this in a heartbeat.

#1 no faggot ass dj
#2 since they wanna add the acapellas then add the instruments and the clean/dirtys as if its a single or something. the verses where sicc as fuck why the hell wouldn't they include the beat if only it being techs verse
If they were supposed to be on the other artists' projects, he doesnt have rights to the beat, I don't believe.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
A, there may not be as many "tags" as there was on the free version, but I'm still going to say that some will remain... at least on the digital version. Maybe the hard pressed version won't have any tags, but then it begs the question as to why they bothered leaving Whoo Kid on the cover. Typically when an artist lets go of a no-DJ version of a mixtape, the DJ's branding from the cover is removed. They did remove DJ Scream though, so they may have removed his "tags."

B, like Kirby said. These verses are for other artists' projects, and therefor they aren't the ones with rights to the instrumentals. Since this is being released to retail (or rather, being sold), they could face legal action for putting a beat on there without proper releases for it. Hence why Hard Liquor has been removed I'm quite sure. In fact, on the beginning of the Move one, Tech states something to the effect of "the reason I'm beating on my chest, is because we don't know the producers who did the beats. We don't want to disrespect them by putting it out" (though again, I'm quite sure it's for legal reasons)

C, regarding Blammers and Burners... I believe that one was recorded for Crook's B.O.S.S. album, and I seem to recall seeing somewhere along the lines that the material for that album was tied up in red tape due to label issues.