"Bad Season" releasing to digital stores, with different/new tracks!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
"Bad Season" is being released to digital retailers, or Amazon at least. Though I suspect it will appear on iTunes as well. Release date given is February 1st, 2011 so it's not far off. There's four new "tracks" at the end, however "Hard Liquor" has been removed. That's surely due to legal reasons, given the Dr. Dre instrumental.

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Season-Mi...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1295200249&sr=1-1
  1. Bad Season (Skit) – 1:12
  2. Table And Chest Press – 2:05
  3. Sex To The Beat – 4:10
  4. No More Music By The Suckas – 3:48
  5. Bad Season – 3:27
  6. Somethin To See – 3:55
  7. Ego Trippin – 1:50
  8. All Day All Night – 3:28
  9. Livin Like I'm Dyin – 5:10
  10. Down For The Block – 4:23
  11. Lick Your Teeth – 2:31
  12. Losin My Mind – 3:06
  13. Curious (What Up Wit Ya Girl) – 4:30
  14. Speed Of Sound (Acapella) – 1:08
  15. Blammers And Burners (Acapella) – 1:24
  16. Move (Acapella Remix) – 1:03

I can understand letting go of the verse for the Move remix, but I'm not sure it was a smart idea to put Speed of Sound and Blammers and Burners out there, as Crook & Bone Thugs could still have used those but may be detoured from doing so now. Unless they cleared it with the artists first of course. Shame they're only "Acapellas" though, but they did add some stripped down beats to them at least.

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
There is no reason why Strange shouldn't sell it. There is also no reason why I should buy it.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
They should just keep it a free Mixtape, but seeing is how it seems all tech cares about is money now days this is no surprise.
If they only cared about money, they wouldn't have let it go as a free mixtape in the first place. They could have easily went the route of the Collabo albums and released it as an "album" as it was primarily new material. Instead, they let it go for free, and are now putting it out for sale which it's not like they're the only ones to be releasing a "mixtape" like this. Most artist mixtapes these days do seem to get sold, even when they're out there for free. Chamillionaire has done it, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9", even Jay Rock.

I didn't listen to the snips of the songs we've heard already due to my poor net, but it's possible this will be a no-DJ version which would make somewhat worth the download. Like Eyeless though, I only see myself buying this if they put out hard copies. Fuck buying a bunch of ones and zeroes. When I buy something, I like to be able to hold it in my hand.

Oct 17, 2009
At least Tech is finally getting his verse of Speed Of Sound out. Those Bone Thugs fuckers got to be some of the worst businessmen ever.

Oct 19, 2003
www.oddballmusik.com
Not feeling the acapellas being released.. especially to "Speed of Sound".. I was looking forward to the first time hearing that w/Bone, Tech and whoever else they get OVER A BEAT. Now possibly the best verse on that song (though we havent heard it yet) is going to be released early.. as an ACAPELLA?! yea not feelin that at all.

Oct 25, 2006
I must be the only one that actually enjoyed Whoo Kid to some degree. I had serious doubts about him, but since he didn't clutter the album excessively with shouts, and actually increased the impact of a few songs, I'm not sure if I would like it better with or without Whoo Kid's additions. Still, I would like to hear how it sounds at least.

If the acapellas weren't acapellas, and the copies were hard and not soft (no homo), then I'm willing to drop some money for it. I enjoyed Bad Season a lot, and, with tracks to cover the previous entries from Tech's other albums, feel like it could have been released as a full album.

Nov 17, 2006
I must be the only one that actually enjoyed Whoo Kid to some degree. I had serious doubts about him, but since he didn't clutter the album excessively with shouts, and actually increased the impact of a few songs, I'm not sure if I would like it better with or without Whoo Kid's additions. Still, I would like to hear how it sounds at least.
Yeah I liked Whoo Kid as well. Only one track was run back, he didn't talk over any of the songs, and the Whoo Kid and Scream tags were actually cool to hear cause it gave it that mixtape feel.

Nov 14, 2002
^^ I'm not a "mixtape" fan at all. In fact I don't generally want to hear that shit. But the tags do tend to give you a nostalgic feeling of when cd burners were new and you'd download anything you could and put it on because it took you 14 hours to download and burn the shit.

At least a lot of my albums had tracks from mixtapes.

Dec 14, 2005
Not feeling the acapellas being released.. especially to "Speed of Sound".. I was looking forward to the first time hearing that w/Bone, Tech and whoever else they get OVER A BEAT. Now possibly the best verse on that song (though we havent heard it yet) is going to be released early.. as an ACAPELLA?! yea not feelin that at all.
as soon as they heard techs verse they decided it would never see the light of day. this mixtape is your only chance of ever hearing his verse. you will never hear tech's verse with the bone thugs verses.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I'm a little surprised they didn't throw some money Twista's way for that Welcome to the Midwest verse and put out a remix on this with Twista & Kutt.