ASSASSINS CREED : REVELATIONS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
Ok so I'm a good way in and it still hasn't really picked up yet lol.

There's a couple things that bother me. Altair isn't voiced by the same guy. It doesn't even really sound close either. Then in one of the Altair sequences, they're talking about Acre, and he pronounced it "Ah-cray", whereas in the first Assassin's Creed, it was pronounced "Ah-cah." It probably shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but something like that should consistency.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
no your right this game is hella flawed...almost a step backwards...brotherhood shits on this game so far

so far im disappointed .... game seems rushed with how many ubisoft teams working on this its tragic

Jun 24, 2005
no your right this game is hella flawed...almost a step backwards...brotherhood shits on this game so far

so far im disappointed .... game seems rushed with how many ubisoft teams working on this its tragic
I hate to say I'm disappointed yet because I haven't beat it, but the story just hasn't been very exciting.

The trailers for it are fucking dope, but it seems like all the action was shown in the trailers.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
thats just it though....where the fuck is the story? i feel less "connected" to ezio/desmond than in previous games...and the game play is unthrilling...i dont know if its the geography switch or that it feels like they rushed this game out just to get it out there...but the story so far is garbage

Jul 29, 2008
I BEAT IT TODAY...ENDING WAS OK, I'M NOT GONNA SPOIL IT.......I FEEL LIKE BROTHERHOOD AND THIS SHOULD OF JUST BEEN ONE GAME....HOPEFULLY AC III IS MUCH BETTER.....

Jun 24, 2005
So I was playing tonight, and I was just running around doing little side stuff...renovating buildings, sending my assassin recruits on the missions, trying to complete the challenges and what not. I would just run up on a group of guards and merc the fuck out of 'em. This is by far the bloodiest AC game so far and that is definitely a good thing.

Speaking of renovating buildings, it's fucking annoying that it always raises the Templars' awareness, forcing me to find a herald to bribe so I don't have to do that stupid den defense mini-game. Those are really fucking annoying, and I think I've only done like three of 'em, and one was the initial one.

Jun 24, 2005
I would just like to say that Den Defense is fucking stupid, annoying and pointless.

A story mission made me on high alert to the Templars and led them to attack one of me dens. On my way to a travel tunnel, I had to fight a ton of guards, which put them on high alert again, and attacked a second den. So I finally make it to the first den and fail the den defense, because it's clunky and retarded, and it puts me on high alert again, so they attack another fucking den. I have to kill the Templar Captains and light the fire in the tower to take back that den.

I go and fail the second den defense, kill the Templar Captain and light the fire to re-take the second one. Now I'm about to do the third den defense, which I'll probably fail.

I really wish I could turn off this lame ass "addition" because they aren't fun at all and are just incredibly pointless. Coupled with the raising my alert for buying stuff, this game is really pissing me off.

Jul 29, 2008
THE STUPID DEN DEFENSES ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO...I ONLY BEAT TWO OF THEM, AND EVERY TIME THE TEMPLARS HAD BETTER SHIT TO ATACC YOU WITH......I JUST STARTING SAYING FUCC IT WHEN THEY WERE GETTING ATTACCED AND JUST WAITED TIL I HAD MASTER ASSASSINS SO IT WOULD STOP.....

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
so worth buying or not? All the games so far have been improvements of the previous, but it sounds like this isn't the case here. Did they finally rush it? I've been a big fan of the series and had a blast with all the games.
this game was rushed....they clearly didnt take the time to craft it like the others....im almost convinced that they put more effort into the multiplayer shit for this game

Jun 24, 2005
After loving ACII, AC:BH and all the trailers for AC:R I had really high expectations and so far I've been let down.

From den defense to raising awareness for renovating shops, they just added stupid stuff to the game for no apparent reason.

The main addition that I like, the hook blade, makes for some awesome action cuts when you're fighting. Ziplining is really cool too, but it seems that there aren't enough ziplines when I need them. I'll be heading in one direction, and all the ziplines seem to go in different directions.

For anyone on the fence, I would definitely say to wait. It's a decent enough game, but too many little things that bring it down.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
After loving ACII, AC:BH and all the trailers for AC:R I had really high expectations and so far I've been let down.

From den defense to raising awareness for renovating shops, they just added stupid stuff to the game for no apparent reason.

The main addition that I like, the hook blade, makes for some awesome action cuts when you're fighting. Ziplining is really cool too, but it seems that there aren't enough ziplines when I need them. I'll be heading in one direction, and all the ziplines seem to go in different directions.

For anyone on the fence, I would definitely say to wait. It's a decent enough game, but too many little things that bring it down.
the hook blade is about the best idea that they came up with....

im let down so far...i say wait until its a bargain binner lol the story isnt worth the extra money

Jun 24, 2005
Alright so I just beat the game and I think the ending is phenomenal.

I'll say that this is a very good game. The latter missions were really awesome. I still hate den defense and the fact that renovating raises awareness. I could say the pacing is off, but I'll attribute that to the way I play the game, in that I'm trying to do everything.

My mindset is that I want to do as much as possible before I beat it, because it isn't likely I'll go back and do this stuff. That kind of throws the pacing off for me and I forget sometimes what happened in the last story sequence. Part of the blame goes on Ubisoft for putting in useless features like den defense and the awareness raising renovations. I honestly feel like I spent WAY too much time trying to hunt down heralds to bribe.

All in all, I'll say that this game is really good, but could have been great had it not been for the aforementioned problems.

Jun 24, 2005
I did the last three Desmond sequences and they were pretty cool, especially the last two.

Also, it looks like Ubisoft could release two more Desmond sequences. There are five active double pillars, and there are two more that don't have any memories. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it seems like there's places for two more.

Apr 2, 2010
Ziplining is really cool too, but it seems that there aren't enough ziplines when I need them. I'll be heading in one direction, and all the ziplines seem to go in different directions.
Are ziplines scripted? Meaning you just stand next to them, push a button, and watch your character do an action. Or can you seamlessly use them?