Anyone ever get a really aggressive bill collector call you?????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 15, 2005
i was kinda inspired by the aol thread and thought of this situation....

few mornings ago the phone is ringin so i answer it half asleep....some dude says "yeah let me talk to (my moms name here)"....he sounded kinda pushy and i was like ummm shes not here cuz my mom goes by her middle name for everyone that knows her personally so when they say her 1st name i know its a bill collector.....dude is like "no i jus talked to her put her on the phone"
so im like wtf???? i get up go to my moms room knocc on the door and tell her someone on the phone.....she says "if its that same guy from Capitol One jus hang up cuz i tol him to fucc off already hes being rude to me and i gotta get ready for work"
so i hang up....then dude calls right bacc and this is the dialouge that occured:

me: hello?

asshole: im tired of gettin hung up on now put her on the phone!

me: if you tired of gettin hung up on you should get a new job mayne

asshole: put her on the phone

me: fucc you dude dont tell me what to do quit callin here aint no one wanna talk to you asshole

asshole: no your gonna put her on the phone right now or im gonna jus keep callin bacc!

me: fucc you mafucca dont make threats you bitch i tol you not to call here no more i know the law if i tell you not to call you cant call no more so quit actin like your gonna do somethin!

asshole: oh yeah? you want me to call your nieghbors??? huh huh???

me: what the fucc??? my nieghbors??? you aint callin no one now quit wit the act you piece of shit im a report your ass if you keep callin wit this bullshit!

asshole: you want my number????

me: fucc that i dont need that shit put your supervisor on the phone punk!

asshole: you want my number?????

me: i said i dont need it i know who you are already im a hang up and call capitol one and report you asshole!

asshole: im not capitol one!

me: yeah you are you idiot you said you were capitol one

asshole: (sounding unsure of himself) i said that????

me: yeah fucc face im tryin to get some fuccin sleep so if you wanna keep your job i suggest you dont call bacc here or you gonna get reported you cant call mafuccaz and make threats....keep it up and well be contactin you guys wit my lawyer next.....

i hung up and dude didnt call bacc so i guess he was spooked by my threats....it jus tripped me out cuz i aint ever had no collector act like that.....that shit cant be acceptible by Capitol One or legal for that matter.....dude takes his job way serious!!!! lol...he acted like we personally owed him hella loot......my mom was like fucc capitol one they some hipocrits......when they call they make me feel like thier commericial when the pirates and barbarians are runnin up on the people n shit....lol!!!!

i hope that shit was being recorded and a supervisor hears it so that asshole will get in trouble.....

any yall have a similar experiance????

May 11, 2002
Yeah I have a bitch for my collections agent. I get in a fight with her every time I make a payment. If I ever meet her in real life im going to cuss her out and the fuck that falsely accused me of stealing.

Damn this post is getting my blood boiling. Fuck collections agencies.

Mar 15, 2005
really though....what kinda person enjoys having this job???? these are crazy people....its like when the agency hires em they must go by the opposite of the criteria most jobs look for.....

we want psycho uncooperative rude and annoying people....if you cant rile someone up please do not apply.....

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
209 Studioz said:
really though....what kinda person enjoys having this job???? these are crazy people....its like when the agency hires em they must go by the opposite of the criteria most jobs look for.....

we want psycho uncooperative rude and annoying people....if you cant rile someone up please do not apply.....

my sister's a bill collector haha.

Jun 27, 2002
yeah i sure did....and the Fair Debt Collection Practice law prevent them from doin that...look it up, they are notallowed to harass,intimidate,annoy,threaten with arrest or implicate that you will go to jail...

soundslike you got a case if yougot dude name,extension and which office he works at..... you could get them in someserious shit for that man, fa reals....if it turns int a viable lawsuit they might end uppayin you or doin away with the debt due to legal costs....Credit card companies try doin that shit all the time

"THEM : THIS IS JIM FROM PROVIDIAN, WE CALLIN ABOUT YOURPAYMENT
ME: IM SORRY DID YOU SAY YOURNAME WAS jiM...JIM WHATS YOUR EXTENSION MY PHONE MIGHT DIE OUT AND I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK ON MY CELL PHONE
THE: YES ITS jIM rOBERTON EXTENSION 2234 @ 18003437331
me: i'll send payment on friday when i getpaid"
him: HO WE ARE DEMANDING PAYMENT IMMEDIATLY, WE WANT YOU BANKING INFO RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE GOING TO GET PAID TODAY"
ME: NO, I'LL SEND IT FRIDAY...WHEN I CAN
HIM: NO,YOU ARE NOT GETTING OFF THE PHONE UNTIL THISPAYMENT IS MADE,WE WILLCONTIUE TO CAL TODAY UNTIL IT IS RESOLVED

ME: oh yeah...not according tocalifornia 's fair debt collection prcoess, i've madepayment arrangements and this call is over.

them: WEL SIR, IF THIS DEBT IS NOT PAID WE ARE GOING TO SUE YOU,AND IF YOU TILL DONT PAY YOU WILL BE ARRESTED.

ME:CAN I SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR, JIM @ EXT 2234 IN THE MINNESOTA OFFICE....YOU HAVE JUST VIOLATED A CALIFORNIA STATELAW AND I THINK MY ATTORNEY AND YOUR SUPERVISOR SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS...

THEM: UHHH....UMMM..OK SO YOR GOING TO SEND THAT PAYMENT FRIDAY JACK, THAT WILL BE FINE SIR...SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU AND PLEASE HAVE A NICE DAY....

:ME THATS WHAT I THOUGHT...SLAMS PHONE DOWN

THEY ARENT ALLOWED TO CALL YOUON THE JOB EITHER IF YOU TELL THEMNOT TO, VIOLATIONS GET THEMIN SERIOUS TROUBLE AS ITS SEENS AS HARASSMENT

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
209 Studioz said:

...LOL!

I have a team of 19.... its what they do.. day in and day out.. T-Mobile is my main client.. but I also have Cingular and US Cellular... :)

Jun 27, 2002
a few ideas

http://www.panix.com/~eck/telemarket.html

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/The_20telemarketer_20revenge_20machine

Telemarketer Revenge

-If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.
-If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died . . . "
-If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
-This works great if you are male. Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company. " You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"
-Cry out in surprise, "Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.
-Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.
-If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?"
-If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?"
-After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.
-Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company, and they can't sell to employees.
-Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up.
-Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The Telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up.
-Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
-Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.
-Tell the Telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.
-Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.
-Tell the Telemarketer, "Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes."
-Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on, Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"
-Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up . . . louder . . . louder . . .
-Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.

Jun 27, 2002
sbc calls me every 3 days to "switch back and save"...i just started fuckin with em

a few ideas

http://www.panix.com/~eck/telemarket.html

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/The_20telemarketer_20revenge_20machine

Telemarketer Revenge

-If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.
-If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died . . . "
-If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
-This works great if you are male. Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company. " You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"
-Cry out in surprise, "Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.
-Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.
-If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?"
-If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?"
-After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.
-Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company, and they can't sell to employees.
-Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up.
-Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The Telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up.
-Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.
-Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.
-Tell the Telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.
-Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.
-Tell the Telemarketer, "Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes."
-Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on, Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"
-Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up . . . louder . . . louder . . .
-Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.

Jun 27, 2002
Comedian Calls Telemarketers at Dawn
Mon Apr 22, 9:29 PM ET
By NANCY ZUCKERBROD, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Louisville comedian Tom Mabe went undercover at a telemarketing convention in the nation's capitol Monday to turn the tables on an industry he loves to hate.

He was on the phone calling telemarketers in their hotel rooms before dawn Monday.

Asked if he felt bad about waking the telemarketers and owners of call centers who attended the American Teleservices Association conference, Mabe said no way. "What they do is so intrusive," he said. "I think it's trespassing."

Mabe was working out of his home office writing commercial jingles in 1993 when telemarketing calls started to exasperate him.

"When you're self-employed, you jump when the phone rings, hoping it's a client," he said.

Mabe, who moonlights as a stand-up comic, decided to get even by recording his conversations with telemarketers and playing pranks on them.

He told a telemarketer trying to sell him an alarm system that he was robbing the place but suggested the man call back later.

And Mabe told a caller trying to sell him a burial plot that the man had perfect timing, because he was considering killing himself. The telemarketer asked him for credit card information, Mabe said.

Mabe put together a CD of his recorded calls and said he sold more than 50,000 copies. A few years later, the now-defunct label, Virgin Nashville, released two other Mabe recordings.

"I decided if they're not going to allow me to make a living, I'll make a living off them," he said.

Mabe hopes some of his calls to the telemarketers attending the Washington conference are funny enough to launch a fourth CD.

He called the conference attendees in the middle of the night offering to sell them a sleep aid and pretending he was calling on behalf of the "Telemarketers with Insomnia Foundation." None of the people who picked up the phone were amused, with most hanging up and calling him a jerk.

Matt Mattingley, director of government affairs for the American Teleservices Association, says he wasn't too disturbed by Mabe's actions.

"There are a number of anti-telemarketing groups. This is America. They're certainly free to do and express what they feel their views are ... but do they make an impact on the business? No."

Mattingley said last year the telemarketing industry contributed $661 billion to the U.S. economy in sales, taxes and jobs.

Mattingley said much of his attention these days is devoted to opposing so-called do-not-call laws.

Under federal law, companies conducting business by telephone are not supposed to call a consumer who has requested to receive no more calls from that seller. But the federal government is considering a proposal that would let consumers call one toll-free number to stop most telemarketing calls.

Jun 27, 2002
Get Revenge On telemarketers Funny things to do when you get called

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME : Our text files and message bases are for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. DO NOT undertake any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site.We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by cool294
Published: May 01, 2004 12:00 a.m.
(2 votes)
Viewed 807 times

Take your name off the Do Not Call list because after you read this, you’re going to love getting called by telemarketers!!

Telemarketing

Tell them you are very interested in their offer, But that you are very busy at the moment. Ask for their home number, and tell them you will call them there later. When they say ’’No, sorry blahblahblah’’ Then say to them sternly "OH, so you don’t want anyone bothering you at home huh? Then how do you think we feel?" and hang up.
Tell them "Hold on. I am going to get the cordless phone, so I can continue this conversation while I use the restroom." Pause for a second or two and then continue. If they didn’t hang up, make grunting sounds plopping and make sure you flush the toilet a few times. If they don’t hang up by now, make comments like "I don’t remember eating corn?" and "can someone get me some toilet paper." If that doesn’t get them, then tell them to call back later because the toilet overflowed and you need to clean it up.
If you know you are being called by a scam telemarketer. Act all surprised and stuff. If they offer a trip to Florida, or to somewhere where there is a beach, ask them if they have wheelchair access to the beach. Tell them you are a homosexual and very publicly affectionate (if they are the same sex tell them they sound cute over the phone or something.) If the prize is money, tell them that you are not interested in their "chump change" or "pocket change" and that wouldn’t even cover one of your all night party expenses.
I like to keep them on the line as long as I can to waste their time. If a question they ask requires an immediate response, tell them to hold for a minute to answer the door. Wait 5 minutes then pick back up and tell them to repeat what they were just talking about. Keep it going for as long as you can. When they spend all that time on you and they don’t get a sale they (or their employer) lose money.
If they are selling a product, ask if it is made in Taiwan or Japan (etc..), if it is give them a lecture about child slave labor, and how you lost your job to an overseas company.
Screw with their minds. When they call, ask them if they will do the work on a dirt house. Ask if the maintaince guys would mind retrieving your 2 pet slugs that escaped into the basement, and have since multiplied.
You can also tell them you’re not allowed to talk to anyone until your assault case has been heard. Then just hang up.
Another solution is to ask the telemarketer for his/her home phone number. They will probably ask you why you need their home number, or something to that effect, just tell them you want to think over buying the product and will call them when you make up your mind [probably around 3AM.]
Pretend to be really fired up about their product. Then, when the time comes to close the purchase, try to use your Sears card or Zellers card something that is not viable currency, then insist that the company is at fault for not taking that card.

Mar 15, 2005
yeah im always doin that "can i call you bacc?" one when sprint n shit like that calls....i seen it on seinfeld.....one day i actually got two bitches from sprint like that 15 min apart.....dumb broads....i thought it was same one i think it was but she felt dumb and was pretendin to be someone new......

yeah i wanna sue Capitol One and get my moms bill erased.....but i dont remember if dude said his name or nuttin so i dont know who to report.....i dunno if its possible for them to look up thier recordings and possibly find it?????