anybody work the graveyard shift?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 28, 2006
im currently working a 11pm-7am shift fulltime and have been for a minute. but now its really starting to get to me. i cant sleep for shit during the day and if i do, it sucks to know that youve just slept the whole day away and when you wake, the day is over and youre back to work. not just that, on my days off which is weekends, i get out and try to live a normal schedule and a good nights rest but when its time to get back to work, i gotta switch it all up again. this lifestyle is getting depressing. is there a way to make the graveyard shift schedule work where i can get out and get a good rest?

Aug 24, 2003
all i hear is complain complain complain. i work the same time frame but my days off are monday and tuesday

dont load up on caffeine or sugar late into your shift, like beyond 5am. go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. go to sleep at 8am -9am and sleep until 2:30 - 6pm. or go to sleep whenever you want but make sure to keep the exact same sleeping pattern. use this if you cant figure out when to fall asleep / wake up, http://sleepyti.me/

buy yourself a tempurpedic mattress topper and some luxury sheets and some luxury pillows and try and keep the room you sleep in nice and cool, and as dark as possible.

and on your days off what you do is stay awake from when you get off in the morning, maybe take a small nap in the day, then stay up all day and night and go out. try and get as much sunlight as you can whenever you can because the shit will really effect you if you havent gotten enough.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I work 3rd shift and I can't fuckin stand it. I can't sleep in more than like 4 hour increments. Then ill get really tired at like 9:30 when I gotta start gettin ready for work. I got temporary transferred out of my dept 3 weeks ago and I rotate 1st and 2nd shift and I sleep 8 or 9 hours strait and I feel awesome. I had to take a $4/hr paycut and I don't even care cuz these shifts rule. 3-11 is awesome, that's what I'm on this week. I'm getting high and playing the show. Hope I don't get drug tested anytime soon Haha

Mar 25, 2009
i did it cefore for a few weeks, shit suced

my advice is let some immigrant take over your shift and find another job

go cac to college in tha meanwhile

No thanks, luckily i work during the day after i'm through with a few classes. I need that time of the day to go to the beach, or play sports while it's still sunlight.

GoodLuck Night Owl, make an attempt to work during the day that midnight task will eventually take a huge toll on your body and mind within time

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
I used to workgrave yard at a warehouse before I got stabbed up it was easy work an I enjoyed the people I worked with, only draw back was since I was light weight homeless hitting the spot at 6 or 7 in the morning to a house where niggaz party everyday was a but mainy could never sleep...money was good tho

Feb 23, 2004
i dont work all nights but some my schedule aint bad at all i get 2 days of work from 6am to 6pm 12hrs then get a 24hrs off till the next day when i start my 2 night shifts at 6pm to 6am after that i get 4 days off to have plenty of resting time lol but lately i been working a extra day of ot not bad i luv it..just me and my partner in charge of the hole warehouse i only work like 4 hrs the rest i be eating,playing basketball,smoking(bud) phone ,or on net or on siccness:siccness::siccness:lol to bad it will end at the end of the year....:mad:best job i ever had i start work when shit hits the fan..clean it up then get back on my chair.lol

Feb 23, 2004
^^^divorce i believe.. half of the plant is divorced lol they work to much ot and not around wife and family one of my co workers caught his wife cheating at a worse time when his mom had passed away hes been at home since last year taking medications and going to counselors n shit. hey at least he getting payed but still thats fucked up..bitches be scanless ho's

Jul 28, 2003
I work as a housekeeper at a hospital from 11:30 to 8 am and its koo. Im only part time and graveyard shift is the only shift available for us part timers unless someone calls in sick and then i can work pm shift which is 4pm to 12:30am. I dont really have advise but get as much sleep once ur off. when i get home i take a hot shower and watcha lil tv then pass out, i wake up bout 3 or so maybe sometimes less. Before i go back to work i try to nap it. i sometimes buy or make coffee or drink a monster but im trying not to rely on them. i dont have a steady schedule so it varies plus i have a wife and kid that needs my attention and its hard to be a part of their lives when im asleep. Shit sucks too cus i have to take my son to appointments and im sometimes up for a few hours after im off. my son kinda understands but still wants me to wake up, i feel bad cus i can take him to tha park or some. My work can probably schedule me to work pm shift but their dicks. The pay is good tho but i say no when working double shift, my health is more important than money.