anybody work the graveyard shift?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I did it once for like a week

at my old job I was helping to do a new layout of a bunch of inventory in another store... they wanted to do it at night when the store was closed so we weren't in the way of customers... worked like 9pm-6am for a week

it was okay for a week, I wouldn't wanna do it for too long... but if the money was right... I wouldn't give a fuck

I put like 5 blankets up over my window so it was pitch black in my room during the day

now I'm on that good 7:30-4:30

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i worked graveyard shift at Fed Ex, it was wack.....i think i will work graveyard shift again if the paycheck is good......but Fed Ex doesn't pay good, i wouldn't reccomend anybody to work there.
my friend just got hired there, he doesn't make much now because he started as a package handler or some shit, but he's hopin to move up to a driver position and make decent money

his dad has worked at Fed-Ex for years as a driver, and makes pretty decent money

enough to live in a nice house and raise a family... heard there's a lot of nice perks working there... discounts on traveling and shit like that

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
my friend just got hired there, he doesn't make much now because he started as a package handler or some shit, but he's hopin to move up to a driver position and make decent money

his dad has worked at Fed-Ex for years as a driver, and makes pretty decent money

enough to live in a nice house and raise a family... heard there's a lot of nice perks working there... discounts on traveling and shit like that
they run Fed-Ex like a sweat shop in China, they make the package handlers move continuously without stopping, and then get a 5 minute break every 4 hours.....but this was back in 2005, so maybe they changed it after somebody filed a lawsuit.

Somebody sued Fed-Ex and they sent everybody a check who worked there at the time,and i got a check for $350 in the mail.

Feb 28, 2006
i use to do the package handling thing for UPS and i regret for quitting. youre getting a free workout, dental/health benefits, and dont gotta deal with shit but boxes and a supervisor you could cuss out every now and then. dont get me wrong, if youre lifting improperly, it will take a toll on you.

i even got locked up for a few days from a DUI and came back to work straight from 850 (which was a few blocks away) like it was nothing.