anybody work the graveyard shift?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
i was doing 1-9am stock shifts while doing daytime shifts six days out of the week. their was no pay increase, started feeling like a zombie, acting more grumpy and even on my day off, sleep pattern was obviously shot, so it wasn't worth it to me.

but i can totally understand sticking with a graveyard shift if it was a regular consistant schedule that paid good.

when all is said and done my advice is if your unhappy about it and your young, change it.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I'm a night owl so night shift isn't bad to me at all. I got kids now though so it would definitely suck balls to be on night shift cause I would never get the sleep I needed if that were the case. It wasn't bad at all to me when I was single really.

What does suck balls is when they're switching your shift up like they were mine. I'd work graveyard and get off at 7am, then they'd say they needed me back by 3pm. Then the next day needed to be there at 7am for a few days, then back on graveyard. I'm lucky I didn't die in a car wreck workin shifts like that and trying to drive home damn near asleep in Cali traffic

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
What kind of cancer? i heard it can increase ur chances of getting strokes.
Most of these health problems are actually related to lack of sleep I believe. If you're not resting, your body will find a way to slow you down. Doesn't help that graveyard shifters typically eat worse foods than day shifters and ingest more caffeine, especially diet drinks with caffeine.

Jun 28, 2010
im currently working a 11pm-7am shift fulltime and have been for a minute. but now its really starting to get to me. i cant sleep for shit during the day and if i do, it sucks to know that youve just slept the whole day away and when you wake, the day is over and youre back to work. not just that, on my days off which is weekends, i get out and try to live a normal schedule and a good nights rest but when its time to get back to work, i gotta switch it all up again. this lifestyle is getting depressing. is there a way to make the graveyard shift schedule work where i can get out and get a good rest?
That schedule blows. I used to work that. The worst was when your driving home at 7 am. Stop at the speedway g-station to get cigs or whatever and everyone else there is getting coffee and on their way to their normal job. Makes you feel like a zombie.

Jun 28, 2010
I heard on the radio that the cancer rate and divorce rate is higher among 3rd shifters.
Yea i heard that too. With the cancer thing i think its because your exposed to artificial lighting alot more and it causes cancer. As for the divorce thats a big "no shit sherlock" your wife/husband will get sick of not having you laying in bed next to them. After awhile they will have some other person laying in bed next to them and leaving just in time for you to get home.

Jul 28, 2003
I'm a night owl so night shift isn't bad to me at all. I got kids now though so it would definitely suck balls to be on night shift cause I would never get the sleep I needed if that were the case. It wasn't bad at all to me when I was single really.

What does suck balls is when they're switching your shift up like they were mine. I'd work graveyard and get off at 7am, then they'd say they needed me back by 3pm. Then the next day needed to be there at 7am for a few days, then back on graveyard. I'm lucky I didn't die in a car wreck workin shifts like that and trying to drive home damn near asleep in Cali traffic

Man i feel u on that, employers dont give a fuck about how much or how less u sleep. I started work at 11:30pm and im off in a about an hour and my supervisor asked me if i wanted to come back at 4pm and i told him naw. ive done a few times and yea u can get ina accident if u fall asleep, now money isnt important if u gona end up dying over it.

Aug 9, 2006
ive been doing 10pm-8am for 3 years now, i go in and out of patterns of sleep where it will be good and bad, im use to it. the social life during the week sucks but i get my weekends off, every weekend...

is it worth the extra $1.75 an hour?, not sure, i bet its going to catch up with me sooner or later...only 22

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Man i feel u on that, employers dont give a fuck about how much or how less u sleep. I started work at 11:30pm and im off in a about an hour and my supervisor asked me if i wanted to come back at 4pm and i told him naw. ive done a few times and yea u can get ina accident if u fall asleep, now money isnt important if u gona end up dying over it.
yeah, not a lot of places to spend money when you're in a pine box

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Yea I work 11pm to 7am too...I kinda got used to it by now tho...on my days off I always get off at 7 an then dont sleep the whole day until like 1am or sumn then wake up at like 10am an fuck my sleep schedy up...and yea it hella does suck sleepin durin the day..imma hella hate it durin summer when its got as fuk out