any of yall ever been homeless?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Word. I need a job, but for another reason.
I'm eighteen and graduated, and it's been hard to find one. I don't like living with my parents. Not that they're strict or anything, 'cause they ain't. I don't like feeling like I'm mooching off them.

I know it'll probably take a year or two to save up enough, and get stable enough to get my own apartment, and be able to be comfortable in it. But I feel like I should be making contributions right now.

The schools start back up next week, so hopefully I will be able to find a job after that.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
nigga ask me have ever been homles before ? wtf?

bitch my middle nammmmmmmeeeeeeee is missery ......

j/k

got way to many family for that here and out of state
thank god /knock on wood

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Shit I was homeless at tha age of 15..My parents just decided to say fucc it. Shit was crazy tho sleepin in parks an under bridges. I really aint as bad as most ppl think tho. Just makes you get on your grind hella hard.

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Shit I was homeless at tha age of 15..My parents just decided to say fucc it. Shit was crazy tho sleepin in parks an under bridges. I really aint as bad as most ppl think tho. Just makes you get on your grind hella hard.
Damn.. That's pretty big of you to have RIP MOM in your sig. I honestly would hate my mom if she kicked me out at 15. Props

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
I THINK I WOULD FIND OUT HOW TO GET TO VEGAS AND PANHANDEL THE
DRINK GAMBLERS FOR 59 CENTS AND JUST PLAY MACHINES ALL DAY AND GET FREE DRINKS TRUTH.COM

I SLEEPED IN ABANDOS AKA BURNOUT SPOTS WITH HOMEIS WHO DID GET THE BOOT HELLA TIMES THO OR ITS LIKE 4 AM AND I BE LIKE FUCK IT I AM NOT WALKIN IN THE HOUSE THIS TIME OF HOUR RIDE THE TRAIN OR THE 82 BUS LINE ALL NIGHT FUCKED UP
IN MY YOUNGER DAYS LOL

Nov 14, 2002
never even been close to homelessness. i always think about what i'd do to eat though. was thinking that i'd just post outside Round Table and ask everyone who came out for a slice. I figure I could probably hustle 5-6 slices a day.
You'd probably get kicked in the balls about 5-6 times a day too.

May 4, 2005
There were times when I stayed with homies when I ran away or was hiding from a warrant.

I was kicked out when I was 17, and for nearly a month and half I was homeless. kept my stuff at a friends place, I worked nights at home depot,
i worked nites at home depot while i was living out of my car. drove forklifts/reach trucks fuckin around in the building materials section.

had to borrow clothes and shoes from my homie cuz i lost all of my shit...and for awhile id have to wear the same clothes to work with out washing them for up to a week or mayby longer.

then another time me and a homie just barley scraped up enough dough to get a studio apartment and we were starving.. this fool used to bring me his leftover lunch his boss would buy him.

Jul 29, 2008
i worked nites at home depot while i was living out of my car. drove forklifts/reach trucks fuckin around in the building materials section.

had to borrow clothes and shoes from my homie cuz i lost all of my shit...and for awhile id have to wear the same clothes to work with out washing them for up to a week or mayby longer.

then another time me and a homie just barley scraped up enough dough to get a studio apartment and we were starving.. this fool used to bring me his leftover lunch his boss would buy him.
I feel that homey!!!!

Alot of people didnt trust me bekuz they all knew my crimes were burglaries too... so that was a no go for many people.

Tried to get in the military.. but my felonies held me back too. (juvenile too!!!)

Truth is, it made me step up my grind as many said. I signed up at all temp agencies, did labor ready... worked any job I could.

I work in a few hospitals now, and everyone that I work with have never been thru hard times like that. They trip out that I hold a few jobs and work alot... But I explain to them I used to manual labor for less money and get treated like shit.

I brought that same grind to the field I work in now and have been able to get more opportunities than I ever had. And at a time like this when jobs are scarce too...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
you should never get to the point where you starve, theres people who will give you a warm meal and clothes every day, if you dont have them. you probably want to talk to some of the homeless people in your area and get an understanding of your options. and if youre too intoxicated/not good with people to ask around, just congregate where th rest of the homeless congregate.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
funny story i was once sitting on the hill on haight, im drinking a chimay in all new clothes, new shoes new socks new hat new errthang about to roll a blunt up of some purp....all the sudden this group of people walk up to me and the older white lady is all 'do you neeed some clooothes? some shoes?' trying to hand me a fucking sandwich and shit. god damn ham and cheese on white sandwhich. i shulda took it and olympic medal shot put hurled that shit in her breadbasket. i was so fucking offended over that shit but atleast theyre on a mission to help.

its happened a few times since but at this point i know to K.I.M. when the help squad rolls through...but point is...you CAN get food and whatever else you need to survive, and atleast get on a wait list for a place. the problem is most people hear the wait time for the lists and say fuck it, and not know they can skip ahead easily...you just gotta find your options. you might be able to stay in a place better than what people in frisco pay for..lol thanks to us taxpayers

Des504

destructCo.
Oct 13, 2002
louisiana
etsy.com
I've always had it in my head, that I could eventually end up homeless, cuz I can't save money for anything, but pay everything that needs to be paid.

I'd find some kind of way to survive...I've never been rich, but more of a middle-classer. shit, I've never owned a car past the year 1996.

I always have something to sell. and if I have to resort to selling myself to women of the ugly nature, then so be it. ha.

Jul 29, 2008
you should never get to the point where you starve, theres people who will give you a warm meal and clothes every day, if you dont have them. you probably want to talk to some of the homeless people in your area and get an understanding of your options. and if youre too intoxicated/not good with people to ask around, just congregate where th rest of the homeless congregate.
That's the truth. My situation, and I'm pretty sure many others on here, has resources. We all have homies. Some would kick down some food, some a place to stay a couple nights...etc.
----------------------------------------------------

If you were the drunk/addicted/feen'd out.. then you'll be one of those really lost bums..

I had a job and used my friend's address for my application.. But I had money to buy food. If not, you can always head to a soup kitchen from a church and get a bowl of soup and bread or what not. Water (to drink) is free in many places and alot of community centers have showers for people to use.

It aint nothing to go to a neighborhood and break into an empty house as well as go around at night and check people's cars or see who left their garages open.

whatever you get from there, you can pond for a lil extra cash.

But I was never to the point where I was pushing my stuff in a shopping cart and sleeping under a bridge. I'd think most of us would be more resourceful to keep some kind of cash flow going whether its crime, drugs, hustlin or working.

Jan 28, 2005
I was homeless for a bit... essentially, I just slept on different friends couches/floors for a while. About 10 weeks I think it was.

So technically I wasn't "without a home" to go to, but at the same time, I didn't have a serious address where I could get mail. Staying for two nights wasn't a big deal, but I couldn't just move in with somebody.

I had a gym bag full of clothes, my briefcase full of school work, and scraped together change and shit for bus fare everywhere. Mostly I hustled people who needed weed or booze or a connection for something illegal, keeping a lil profit for myself using my connections. Shit was hell on my back carrying around clothes and books every time I had to walk. I slept at a bus stop one night, used to sleep on one of the campus benches at my college all the time.

Truth be told, an outside bench is one of the most comfortable places for me to fall asleep. Weird.

Dont bag on the homeless though, at least- the ones who make a conscious decision to not find a job or home. Them bitches get UNTAXED INCOME!

There's an old guy who stands outside Tigers' games in downtown Detroit holding a big cup full of change repeating in a raspy voice "YUM YUM EAT 'EM UP TIME!" shaking his cup. I've seen him three times in three different years.