any DISH NETWORK folks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 25, 2006
alright, so im thinking about finally switching from comcast to dish network..seems like dishnet has cheaper pricing and better incentives for new customers than directv...

for those with dishnetwork, i had a question about the dual HD DVR tuner/reciever..i have two tvs...one HDTV downstairs and one SDTV upstairs...the dual tuner supposedly controls 2 tvs independently -- eliminating the need for an additional receiver and being charged and extra lease fee..

i'm wondering how the receiver connects to the 2nd tv upstairs...would i have to run a long ass wire from the receiver downstairs to the tv upstairs?? or are all the wires hidden behind the walls?? how exactly is this installation done??

appreciate any insight..

edit: more specifically, im talking about the DUODVR VIP 722k model

Mar 16, 2005
I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH DIRECTV OTHER THAN THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE. IF YO UNEVER HAVBE TO DEAL WITH cr DIRECTV IS THE WAY TO GO, BEEN WITH THEM FOR 10 YEARS

Feb 25, 2006
damn..no love for dish lol...right now dish is offering the classic bronze package which is +100 channels, hd, dvr and local channels for 39.99 the first yr and then 54.99 for the second yr..

i will only need 1 receiver for 2 tvs, which eliminates any leasing fees..

also, FREE HBO (8channels) and STARZ (4 channels) for 3 months..and CINEMAX for only 1 penny for an entire year...you can cancel these channels after the promotion period..

i'm mainly looking at price when comparing Dish and Direct TV..i know direct tv has better sports packages, but i will not be subscribing to any of them..

Jan 5, 2006
i switched from Comcast to Dish like almost a year ago.. its decent.. the dvr was free.. but the package i have now has no HD so all my channels look like shit. I'm waiting for FiOS to hit the bay and its a wrap.

Only good thing is i get HBO and all that shit for free.. and movies.. the same shit i would pay for with comcast i get for free.. no 4.99 movies n shit.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
alright, so im thinking about finally switching from comcast to dish network..seems like dishnet has cheaper pricing and better incentives for new customers than directv...

for those with dishnetwork, i had a question about the dual HD DVR tuner/reciever..i have two tvs...one HDTV downstairs and one SDTV upstairs...the dual tuner supposedly controls 2 tvs independently -- eliminating the need for an additional receiver and being charged and extra lease fee..

i'm wondering how the receiver connects to the 2nd tv upstairs...would i have to run a long ass wire from the receiver downstairs to the tv upstairs?? or are all the wires hidden behind the walls?? how exactly is this installation done??

appreciate any insight..

edit: more specifically, im talking about the DUODVR VIP 722k model
for any satellite shit....better hope you don't have trees around your house. directtv and dish have come to my parents house 2 times each, and both times they say "you have too many trees you won't get reception." but after the FIRST time you'd think they'd remember...or the 2nd...nah, those faggots STILL call them wanting to "come by to show them it will work."

i fuck with comcast....but i don't get movie channels...i got dvds and shit for that. and i rarely watch tv anyway unless i'm tryina fall asleep....

Feb 25, 2006
Looked at the prices and DISH has em beat..

with DISH i would have zero startup costs, free hbo/starz/cinemax, hd, dvr, and locals for $39.99...after the first year, this price would go up to $54.99

on the other hand DirectTV would offer pretty much the same, EXCEPT cost me $99 upfront for an HDDVR upgrade, no premium channels, and a lease fee, all for $55.99...after the first year the price would go up to $76.99

edit: can't really see the images..but the numbers i stated are correct..in terms of PRICE, dishnetwork is the better choice..

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
look at the responsible consumer. lol...good shit man. most people just buy what they see on tv without comparing. kudos!