any DISH NETWORK folks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2008
my mom use to have comcast, then that got too expensive so she switched to directv, then that got too expensive so now we're usin dish tv.

the installers fucked up two times in a row and the third time, the dude came out and said 'my bad' and gave us the HD reciever and all that shit even though we have 0 hdtvs in our home.

we also got the dish dvr with two tvs. it works by having one dvr unit on the main tv, then it wirelessly lets you control the dvr from other tvs. like the dvr/dish unit is in our living room, and my tv up stairs can do all the dvr shit as downstairs. we can both record shit at the same time and have no conflicts.

directv to me was better cuz we got wayyyyyy more channels. sign up for dish and you get premium cable channels like hbo, cinemax, etc. for free for like 4 or 6 months.

Feb 14, 2004
I have Dish Network. Actually I have the one that you've posted. I love it. I am not switching to anything else in the future. If you have a badass flatscreen, you got to have all the HD channels. I had DirectTV before, and I didn't like it. That's just me, though.

i'm wondering how the receiver connects to the 2nd tv upstairs...would i have to run a long ass wire from the receiver downstairs to the tv upstairs?? or are all the wires hidden behind the walls?? how exactly is this installation done??
the person that installs it does that him self. he feeds it on the outside of the house and to where ever your 2nd tv is. well that's what he did for mine.

we have the 200 channel package and it's great.

Feb 25, 2006
I have Dish Network. Actually I have the one that you've posted. I love it. I am not switching to anything else in the future. If you have a badass flatscreen, you got to have all the HD channels. I had DirectTV before, and I didn't like it. That's just me, though.

the person that installs it does that him self. he feeds it on the outside of the house and to where ever your 2nd tv is. well that's what he did for mine.

we have the 200 channel package and it's great.
good to hear...i was planning on getting the classic bronze 100 channel package with HD..either way, im glad i dont have to run a wire from the receveir all the way upstairs to the 2nd tv...

is your second tv hd or sd?

Feb 25, 2006
the 2nd tv is just a regular old school tv. are you looking to get the NFL Network channel?

ok, my second tv is SD as well...what kind of receiver do u have? is it the dual tuner, or do you have two separate receivers?

if the NFL network channel is in the bronze package then im good..if not, i can live without it

Jun 21, 2005
if you get direct tv, give me a heads up so we can to that refer a friend discount. we both would save a 100 bucks.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
I got dish with that vip 722 dvr thing. Yeah it starts off nice at a low intro rate. Then bring on the fees. DVR fee, equipt protection fee, not hooking up a phone line fee, etc etc. 4 rooms (2 dual tuner dvr's one high def one reggie) with the top tier of channels + hbo, stars, & local channels + tax and shit like that hits for about 130.00 a month on average. It works nicely for the most part.

However, I do not like the dvr menu. I have a hard time watching tv because it always tries to change channels and record a show. It's confusing on how to delete the ongoing recording schedules. you have to hit like the dvr button 3 times or some shit before you can remove recurring schedule items.

Also, the vip722 dvr I had started with died for no apparent reason. Would only reboot and run for a min or two before rebooting. Now they sent me a brand new one and the shipping label to send the old one back but I lost all my recorded shit that was on it. The whole fucking breaking bad season. FUCK THAT.

I need to call them and re-up my contract to get lower rates. Now that I'm no longer under obligation they seem to be charging me more.

DirecTV seems to be alright but I don't care for the menu interface. Anyway... If I could get something other than sat tv I would be up on that shit.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i got direct tv, that shit is the business.

nfl ticket? tight as fuck.

clouds and clouds of weed smoke on sundays. nice.