Another school shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
Wow, he shot his mom in the face at his house, then went to her work (school) and shot everyone there..

6:25 p.m.: Nancy Lanza, mother of gunman Adam Lanza, was found dead in her Connecticut home. The 20-year-old man, shot her in the face, authorities told ABC News. Following the murder of his mother, Lanza, carrying at least two semi-automatic pistols and an automatic rifle, drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., where his mother worked. There he killed 20 children and six adults.

Lanza was found dead in the school with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car, authorities said.

Adam Lanza, seen here in 2005, killed his mother at her Connecticut home before killing 20 elementary school students and 6 adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I wouldn't call kids angels - kids often do some quite heartless and cruel stuff and the only reason it does not rise to the level of what adults occasionally do is that they don't have the information needed to do it. But they definitely do such things on average more often than adults.
You sir are fucking retarded... there is no justifiable reason to say a kindergarden class should be shot up.

There is a special quality to kids and there innocence.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Thag, now is not the time man. Seriously. Now is not the time for your warped "scientific" shit and I put emphasis on shit. He said they are angels and defenseless against an act like this.

READ WHAT THE FUCK HE POSTED YOU RETARDED MUTHAFUCKA.
Depends on how you read the "and" clause

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
So now you want to be the bastion for critical reading and not reading too much into what was said?
No, I just never said kids should be shot. I just pointed out that kids are not angels. BTW, "innocence" also means not being aware of the social norms that adults are aware of. And it is those social norms that generally keep the lid on violence (because in a complex and highly connected society, their violation tends to lead to a decrease in one's inclusive fitness).

That's why the level of cruelty and heartlessness that's on display in children is on average (again, I stress the words "on average") higher than among adults

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
No, I just never said kids should be shot. I just pointed out that kids are not angels. BTW, "innocence" also means not being aware of the social norms that adults are aware of. And it is those social norms that generally keep the lid on violence (because in a complex and highly connected society, their violation tends to lead to a decrease in one's inclusive fitness).

That's why the level of cruelty and heartlessness that's on display in children is on average (again, I stress the words "on average") higher than among adults
You are the most socially impotent person to ever grace the internet. Let me remind everyone that you were the same person who said psychology was pseudoscience, yet here you are trying to be the siccness shrink.

This is NOT the time to point fingers or for you to bore us with your "intelligence." For once in your life, shut the fuck up and stop trying to be Braniac Super Nerd. Empathy and sympathy you retarded ass klutz.

This conversation is over.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
“The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. “Wouldn’t you say,” she asked, “that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?” No, I said, I wouldn’t say that. “But what about Basketball Diaries?” she asked. “Doesn’t that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?” The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it’s unlikely the Columbine killers saw it. The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory.

“Events like this,” I said, “if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn’t have messed with me. I’ll go out in a blaze of glory.”

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of “explaining” them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.”

- Roger Ebert

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
You are the most socially impotent person to ever grace the internet. Let me remind everyone that you were the same person who said psychology was pseudoscience, yet here you are trying to be the siccness shrink.

This is NOT the time to point fingers or for you to bore us with your intelligence. For once in your life, shut the fuck up and stop trying to be Braniac Super Nerd. Empathy and sympathy you retarded ass klutz.

This conversation is over.
Empathy and sympathy my ass. The only people who are really affected by this are the relatives of the victims. Everybody else is just paying lip service because that's the social convention. By Monday it will have been mostly forgotten and media's attention will be back on the fiscal cliff drama and people's attention back on celebrating Christmas.

Then in a few months we will have another one of these (while meanwhile there will have been about a dozen shootings that only leave a small number of dead and as a result are only mentioned in passing). And there will be another edition of the same news cycle. Rinse and repeat.