Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2004
what happened to that wireless tether app? i just got another d2 cause my other one fucked up, i just rooted this new one and i looked for the wireless tether and it aint there. whats another good tethering app?

Oct 23, 2009
Netflix on Android

Ok, so Netflix released the apk for like 5 Android phones.....if you got the HTC Incredible, Incredible Evo 4G, Nexus One, G2 or Samsung Nexus S you can download the app from the market and it will work. (You need to have a Netflix acct).

If you don't have one of these phone (like me)....you can trick your phone into running the app (Must be rooted).

Below are the instructions (copypasta):

0) Root is required. Make a Nandroid backup! (I accidentally deleted by build.prop file and bootlooped my phone)
1) Download ES File Explorer (Or any other root file editor)
2) In ES File Explorer, go into Setting > Root Settings and enable both check boxes
3) Navigate to /system/ and copy/paste build.prop to /sdcard/ (just in case)
4) Open & edit /system/build.prop
5) Change the following lines to make your phone think it is a HTC G2:
ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
OR
ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
6) Reboot the phone
7) Install the netflix apk (if you haven't already)
8) Enjoy

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
its the ui of the system. as the incredible s and my samsung both run android 2.3.3 they do basically the same things. the only difference is how they go about letting us use the features. while i will say sense looks better, i think they try to overcomplicate it a bit and i didnt think it was as quick and easy to use as touchwiz.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
So the screen on my blackberry cracked and I figured I should quit putting it off already and just cop a new phone. Didn't wanna pay the insurance deduct for the same lame phone so I upgraded and copped the incredible 2. So far I love it, I'm on it right now... Browsing is sooo much faster than on my bb. Still not a huge touchscreen keyboard fan, but I can deal with it. Gotta browse this thread now and figure out what apps to dl