Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2002
Stockton
Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
yeah I've seen the Droid Charge, I'm just not a big Samsung fan

I've had a couple Samsung phones... the last Samsung phone I had was the Instinct on Sprint, and it was a complete piece of shit... I understand that phone isn't on the same level as the Charge in terms of all the features... but it was just a shitty phone, didn't even receive calls on it... ever since then I try to shy away from Samsung... especially dropping $300 on one of their phones
i got the samsung galaxy s at the moment and i havent had a problem yet. best phone ive ever had. and like other dude said the super AMOLED screen is imo the best screen on the market. ive had hardcore apple fanboys tell me the screen on this shit is better than the iphone retina lcd

May 1, 2002
what about that LG Revolution... it looks like that shit just dropped... anyone know how that stacks up against the other 4G vzw phones?
i played with it yesterday along with the droid charge. to swipe from one screen to the next the lg revolution is the fastest to respond. the droid charge has the best screen display imo. my thunderbolt has been bugging lately. it freezes sometimes....anyone else encountering any glitches from their thunderbolt?

Sep 22, 2002
Laggy as fuck! Bright as fuck too on lowest setting.
Did you enable apps2sd? And the brightness is a bug on phones with a novatec made screen, until they get all of the software they need to fix it you'll have that issueon all the 3.0 ports, install the screen filter app for a quick fix.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
BTW....

T-Mobile Kills Unlimited Data for Smartphones
New Smartphone Pricing Features Caps, Throttling
by Karl Bode Monday 23-May-2011 tags: business · wireless · alternatives · bandwidth · consumers · wireless
As leaks had suggested, T-Mobile today officially announced a significant shake up to their smartphone data pricing -- including the death of unlimited data. Gone is the unlimited $30 option for smartphone users, replaced with a variety of capped tiers, ranging from $10 a month for 200MB of data usage, all the way up to $60 a month for 10 GB of usage. Unlike T-Mobile's future owner AT&T however, the company won't be imposing per byte overages. Users who reach their monthly allotment instead find their connection throttled back for the remainder of their billing cycle. These are the new options for smartphone users according to T-Mobile's new press release:

Click for full size
• $10 for 200 MB per month
• $20 for 2 GB per month
• $30 for 5 GB per month
• $60 for 10 GB per month

The move follows on the heels of AT&T's decision to replace unlimited data with low caps and overages up to $10 per gigabyte last June. With T-Mobile's looming acquisition by AT&T, it's only a matter of time before T-Mobile's throttling is replaced with AT&T-style overages. Verizon this week confirmed that sometime this summer they'll also be completely ditching unlimited data for smartphones, replacing it with a variety of new tiers based on speed, consumption, or both.

That leaves Sprint as the last truly unlimited data holdout among the four major carriers, and the company has made it clear that they haven't ruled out the option of also dumping unlimited entirely.

Verizon Wireless: Say Bye Bye to Unlimited Data
Tiered Pricing, Family Data Buckets Coming This Summer
by Karl Bode Friday 20-May-2011 tags: prices · business · bandwidth · consumers · Verizon Wireless Broadband
Over the last few years, Verizon's been repeatedly tinkering and experimenting with their wireless data pricing -- trying to figure out what customers are willing to pay. They've also hinted dozens of times that when LTE finally launched for smartphones, they'd be tinkering with new, more usage-based pricing options. When Verizon recently finally got the iPhone, they kept unlimited data pricing, but stated the move was only temporary, the company clearly trying to lure AT&T customers away and get them under long-term contract.

This week finds Verizon once again stating that unlimited data will die off this summer, replaced by more tiered pricing potentially based on both speed and usage. On the positive side, Verizon's also planning to embrace "bucket 'o bytes" family plans, where like voice minutes -- a family can pull from a set pool of data usage. Details however remain a bit sketchy:

After this change the company will look to soften the blow by offering more options such as family plans for data services, Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo told the Reuters Global Technology Summit. While families can share a bucket of minutes for phone calls today, each family member with a smartphone has to pay $30 per month each for data services. If they own a tablet computer they pay another separate data fee.
Verizon's LTE pricing so far hasn't been particularly innovative, and with overages up to $10 per gigabyte it hasn't been particularly economical, either. The shift toward family plans suggests some creative thinking, but the quality of the new pricing will depend, as usual, on how low the caps are and how steep the per-byte overages will be.

Aug 23, 2002
I will be getting the HTC Sensation on T-mobile on the 8th. This phone looks doooopppe. 1.2 ghz dual core with 4.3 qHD display. Yeeee. I'm not signing a contract either so I get to keep my unlimited data for now....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
no unlimited data?

fucking gay

but if I just signed a new contract I'm at least good for 2 years at least right?

that's stupid as fuck though, especially with the amount of data used nowadays between downloading apps, web browsing, media, etc.

what a buncha faggots

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I think thats gonna implement for all customers, or at least if they try to put u on it, u can opt out of ur contract penalty free because they made changes to it that u didnt agree too....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I got an email from verizon on tuesday that said I was eligible for a "loyalty discount" where I could get a TB for $169.99.... done

returned my DINC 2 and ordered the TB, had to eat the $35 shelfing fee since they wouldn't match the price int he store... fuck it though... basically paid the DINC 2 price for the TB... I'm not mad at it

the phone should arrive tomorrow... can't wait

May 1, 2002
I got an email from verizon on tuesday that said I was eligible for a "loyalty discount" where I could get a TB for $169.99.... done

returned my DINC 2 and ordered the TB, had to eat the $35 shelfing fee since they wouldn't match the price int he store... fuck it though... basically paid the DINC 2 price for the TB... I'm not mad at it

the phone should arrive tomorrow... can't wait
you won't be disappointed.