A-WAX...SAV ON DA MIC OR WEAK???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

A-WAX??? SAV OR WACCC?

• A-WAX A SAV ON DA MIC

Votes: 245 64.1%
  • A-WAX IS NOTHING SPECIAL ON DA MIC

Votes: 91 23.8%
  • A-WAX IS WEAK ON DA MIC

Votes: 46 12.0%

• Total voters
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I think he says some clever stuff but I almost wouldn't even consider him a rapper. He's just talkin on almost every song I've heard. I had that 65gz... album and really only liked 1-2 tracks. I've bumped some other stuff here and there but I just can't get into it. I used to feel that way about Messy Marv though, for like 3 years. Then I got used to it and he's one of my favorites now. So I can't call it.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I think he says some clever stuff but I almost wouldn't even consider him a rapper. He's just talkin on almost every song I've heard. I had that 65gz... album and really only liked 1-2 tracks. I've bumped some other stuff here and there but I just can't get into it. I used to feel that way about Messy Marv though, for like 3 years. Then I got used to it and he's one of my favorites now. So I can't call it.
WOW, Really? It doesn't surprise me, cuz you said in the AP-9 or a different A-Wax thread (Can't remember which one) that you don't even listen to new rap anymore. Your opinion on music is null and void from here on out for me.

Apr 13, 2008
I've tried to find songs by him I like on multiple occasions through YouTube and I've never found any that I can really say were good. His style/voice is boring but he raps over some nice beats. After hearing rappers like Bueno and Berner though I can't call A-Wax wack but he's nothing special to me.

Apr 14, 2006
mutha fookin sav! i never heard dude but kept seeing people quote his raps in their sig so i bought a few cds and have been hooked ever since. everything he's dropped is heat even mixtapes like waxfase 2 with 1:30 long tracks were classic. sure isn't overrated very slept on imo. i got fools in my neck uv da woods dick riding j.cole, lil wayne and drakes canadian ass but i'll take wax's lyrics and beatz all day over them over hyped suckaz!
Same here man. I didn't even know of A-Wax as a rapper Wax until he released Junior High to the Pen. Once I started listening to him I became hooked. He's now my favorite rapper in the industry.I've bumped the fuck out of all bay rap all my life but recently I have gotten bored with it and rap music in general. Wax shit to me is the most consistent and pretty much the only rap I listen to these days.!

Mar 22, 2007
Same here man. I didn't even know of A-Wax as a rapper Wax until he released Junior High to the Pen. Once I started listening to him I became hooked. He's now my favorite rapper in the industry.I've bumped the fuck out of all bay rap all my life but recently I have gotten bored with it and rap music in general. Wax shit to me is the most consistent and pretty much the only rap I listen to these days.!
SAME

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Wow really? I know you're a big fan of wax, that's why I'm kinda shocked that you didnt start listening to him til Junior High to the Pen.

Apr 14, 2006
^Yup....true story! I now own all of his cds, but it wasn't until I heard the song "Gates" off of Junior High to the Pen that I really knew of him as a rapper and started to listen to him. He's pretty much the only rap I listen to these days which is very strange because I used to bump all bay rap all my life. I used to bump the hell out of Mac Dre, but I got tired of his music too.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
I started listening to wax in about '06 when I actually listened to Husalah quite a bit. I checked Cinderella Story basically thinking, 'lol this white piru from Pittsburg is dissing the hus. This shit bout to be hella Wack.'

And then he gassed the fuck out of Husalah in the most lopsided and real diss I ever heard on a track. I started checking for his whole catalog right there and been a fan ever since. Unconditional thug, rat trap and rat poison were the shit in '06. Best kept secret shit at the time cause no one knew who he was and everyone was on Hus and them. But I got all my people listening to wax that shit was the theme music back then.

Sep 22, 2006
I havn't checked his stuff ever since he jumped on the blood/piru bandwagan..Is he still rapping about going to the pen in every song? He's a decent rapper but his subject matter is waaaay too tired and limited.