2013 Oakland A's Thread...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
my bad, I guess I only caught 2 scores, and assumed to much about the 3rd.

milone got his first win today, hopefully we can sweep kc, and get our guys back on track

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
The biggest problem so far has been inconsistent starting pitching and a rash of injuries. I think with Parker and Milone having a couple solid starts they'll start to get into the swing of things. Cespedes production will pick up, Donaldson is playing real well, they'll be ok. They didn't start playing real well until June last season, and they had the wild card before they had the division.

I think Reddick and Anderson are bigger problems. Anderson probably wont be reevaluated regarding the stress fracture in his foot for 4 weeks, so it would be even longer before he can make any kind of rehab start down the line, it could be into July before we see him. That's a tough spot, Im not sure if Straily can hang, and I don't think Gray is ready to come up and stay up, bringing him up and sending him back down could mess with his head.

Im not sure about Reddick, he cooled way down the 2nd half last season and has stunk it up this season, and that was the story on him coming from the sox. Plus the problem with his wrist, that he had before with the other wrist, and eventually needed surgery on, may or may not need surgery...Young can play ball, so that's good, but Im not sold on Reddick being real permanent on the A's. Especially after the staff caught so much flack after hanging onto Weeks for so long. If he cant get healthy, come back, and produce out the gate, Im not sure what his future looks like.

Mar 8, 2008
straily has not been impressive but I rather see him out there than Anderson
Reddick is hitting something like .160
he has a great glove but he's not coming through with the bat like we need him to so we'll see what happens with him down the road.