2011 NFL Season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Steelers will be one of the teams to beat once again, hopefully they can sign joey porter if the cardinals release him which it appears they would like to do after the lock out. That Steeler D never gets old to watch from harrison woodley timmons and foote to polamalu controlling the secondary.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Steelers will be one of the teams to beat once again, hopefully they can sign joey porter if the cardinals release him which it appears they would like to do after the lock out. That Steeler D never gets old to watch from harrison woodley timmons and foote to polamalu controlling the secondary.
Polamalu can't cover the Packers slot recievers

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I doubt the Steelers will take Porter back. Tomlin cleaned out house for a reason, wanted to do it his own way. Besides, we got linebackers comin out the wazoo...I don't think we need to pay Joey to come play here again. And this is coming from someone so pissed that Porter left that I bought his fucking Dolphins jersey.

Packers WRs burned the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but that has nothing do with Polamalu. A healthy Polamalu playing with a good secondary in a package where he plays the pass and isn't used like a linebacker (which has never happened) would make Mike McCarthy walk out midfield after the second quarter and cry.

Having Porter wouldn't be a bad idea though he's a proven vet, plus Lebeau made him the player he is and was at his prime. I'm sure he'd take a pay cut to compete for another ring. He would be one hell of a back up if woodley, harrison, or timmons get injured, he's an OLB but can play the Inside as well.

I wouldn't say completely burned, the steelers had their chances at winning it, but thier secondary did get out played by GB's. The reason is because they love for Polamalu to come off the edge on a blitz, but they do need to keep him to defend the air a lot more. those CB's have to go though, taylor and gay didn't play well at all.

Nov 18, 2010
Ike Taylor has always been a bit of a liability... He is definitely good, having matured so much so quickly and he's one of the teams best but he is so fucking inconsistent especially in the clutch and over emotional with everything.

Joey Porter was my favourite too, I remember how he'd always DESTROY Brady, loved that shit or when he body slammed that drunk Browns' fan on the field hahaha. I feel Steelers should only pick him up if they can financially without stretching because he is past his prime but sometimes these vets really shine when they get put into a proper defence.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Harrison is the one who slammed the Browns fan, but Porter was the shit because he'd talk smack and get in fist fights with the Ravens players before the games. The best way to sum up the Steelers secondary is that New England game this year, when Polamalu was out and Madison let up 3 TDs to Rob Gronkownski down the seam. Gay and McFadden were horrible at corner, Ike is good but he can't catch a ball for the life of him. We gotta keep Ike, get an upgrade at the other corner, and we'll be good.

National Football Post - The loaded market of veteran wide receivers could get another name if Roy Williams is let go by the Cowboys.

Dan Pompei of The National Football Post wrote Sunday "it's looking more and more like that will happen."

"There are two reasons why Williams is likely going to be a former Cowboy in the near future," Pompei added.

"The first is he's making more money than he's worth. The second is the team wants to clear the way for Dez Bryan to play more. There will be a healthy market for Williams though. His effort and attitude has remained good in Dallas despite the fact that he hasn't found his niche in the offense, and that will help him find future employment."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-3461.html

Oct 23, 2009
Roy would be a nice pickup for a couple of teams but he's too injury prone and is overpaid right now.

I honestly thought he had a couple of really solid seasons with the Lions but turns out he only has had 1-1,000 yd season with 7 td's.....more of a highlight guy i guess.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
That is correct. My favorite NFL team has 0 Super Bowls. And the SF 49ers have 5. They've had some great teams back in the day. Whereas my favorite team, not so much. But they are my favorite team and they're going to continute being my favorite team until I die, whether they get a Super Bowl or not.

Troll on...
spoken like a true fan!

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I doubt the Steelers will take Porter back. Tomlin cleaned out house for a reason, wanted to do it his own way. Besides, we got linebackers comin out the wazoo...I don't think we need to pay Joey to come play here again. And this is coming from someone so pissed that Porter left that I bought his fucking Dolphins jersey.

Packers WRs burned the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but that has nothing do with Polamalu. A healthy Polamalu playing with a good secondary in a package where he plays the pass and isn't used like a linebacker (which has never happened) would make Mike McCarthy walk out midfield after the second quarter and cry.
Lol go to bed. McCarthy knew they couldn't cover our WR's when we spread out the field. He announced the game plan all week leading up to the game and they still couldn't stop it. Scoreboard.

Roy would be a nice pickup for a couple of teams but he's too injury prone and is overpaid right now.

I honestly thought he had a couple of really solid seasons with the Lions but turns out he only has had 1-1,000 yd season with 7 td's.....more of a highlight guy i guess.
I agree, in addition once calvin johnson arrived he took a steep decline which led up to his transition to the cowboys. Coming out of Texas he was bad i thought, Mack Brown developed him into one hell of a player. But once again this shows how different these levels are the jump from college to the nfl is underrated if anything, those 300lb beasts are quick off the line they'd certainly catch a rookie off guard. Roy reminds me a bit of a Keyshawn Johnson type of guy.

NFL.com - Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named the top player in the NFL today in a countdown voted on by the players for the NFL Network.

Despite his No. 1 ranking, a spot ahead of Colts signal-caller Peyton Manning, Brady feels the Indianapolis star belongs ahead of him.

"To me, he's the greatest of all time," Brady told NFL Network.

"He's a friend of mine, and someone that I always watch and admire, because he always wants to improve, he always wants to get better, and he doesn't settle for anything less than the best. So, when you watch the best and you're able to learn from the best, hopefully that helps me get better."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/03/the-top-100-comes-down-to-brady-manning/?module=HP_headlines

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
peyton Manning-- GOAT?

I admire his intelligence at the qb position but I can't agree with that statement.

I prefer Brady as he can escape the pocket when it's about to collapse, he can definitely take the heat to where i've seen Peyton get hesitant and lobs it out of bounds, sadly he can't scramble pure inside the pocket passer. If peyton had a lil more legs he would of been one of the all time best, Brees moves around pretty good for a QB. I know Manning definitely has the edge over brady knowledge wise but not playing wise, plus i think Brady has more wins against manning and the colts.

GOAT would be Joey Montanya HA i think