2010 San Diego Music Awards (HIP HOP NOMINEES)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2008
any "recognition platform" is always gonna pull out adversity...I am just gonna go, eat a whole bunch of prescription pills, get drunk...meet folks and piss in the punch!

and god help em', if they let me get up there on that podium!

Apr 5, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
wtf i should be on there..this category is b.s without me mr splif or another slumper on here..no disrespect 2 the next gargamale rapper which slump is not but u need some real artist but there is a few..where the rappers that got clout and drive at..i need to make my own shit..bossmuzic no licwit no gangsta gold no tiny doo not nothin this gargamale azz list..some is homies but even the homies be on that lets please the mainstream..

12 Gauge Shotie o.k.
Addiquit WHO?
Black Resume guila cool but WHO?
Deep Rooted ok
Jimmy Powers i guess
Lil Uno WHO?
MC Flow WHO?
Vokab Kompany ok but WHO?

Best Hip Hop Album
Black Resume - Bar-Barian Music WOW
Bully Blinders - City of Dirt WHO?
Higher Minds – 2012 The Burning City WHO?
Jimmy Powers - Califoreigner NO No NO
Lil Uno - The Diagnosis Uno is gargamale but he got connects
Outta Control – Daily Dose WHO?
Touch of Cas – The Real ok
Vokab Kompany – The New Kong WHO? vokab aint that nelly

these writers aint see me black mikey wrongkind slumphouse cricet damu hound foundation all gas no brakez like this list dont even matter..where oliver resse at gold macnif young sau like lil 8 rey ru fuck this bullshit azz list..

Dec 9, 2008
Jimmy Powers i guess

Jimmy Powers - Califoreigner NO No NO

LMAO...not even gonna defend myself on this, but you are obviously WAY out of touch with the MUSIC SCENE AS A WHOLE in San Diego....

Step outside your box, and listen to those people you have never heard of, I have known or heard of everyone on those list...just I like know, or have heard of 99% of the people on the siccness. It's just a matter of involving yourself in the ENTIRE MUSIC SCENE, not just your niche, you can be big in the streets, but you got to be in the eye of the local professionals to get the recognition for it.

No Disrespect, even though you disrespected me....it's all good.

Dec 9, 2008
what happened to the sdma using me for a judge?

12 got that

if 12 dont win that shows that the music awards is gay

i went as far as screwing a few songs from mixtapes is dead
mazerati music screwed is hard as fuck
well, the second half thats the rick ross beat is
the "Best Hip Hop" category is a fan voting thing....so you gotta campaign heavy for that...I know that of all in that category Vokab prolly has the most extensive contact list...so they got that for sure..

Vokab Kompany will sweep..watch!

Apr 5, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
LMAO...not even gonna defend myself on this, but you are obviously WAY out of touch with the MUSIC SCENE AS A WHOLE in San Diego....

Step outside your box, and listen to those people you have never heard of, I have known or heard of everyone on those list...just I like know, or have heard of 99% of the people on the siccness. It's just a matter of involving yourself in the ENTIRE MUSIC SCENE, not just your niche, you can be big in the streets, but you got to be in the eye of the local professionals to get the recognition for it.

No Disrespect, even though you disrespected me....it's all good.
naw homie no disrespect lol u be on that subliminal shit but im more direct than that..ur shit is not garbage or weak but i have seen post from songs and wat not that u have but i feel u have waaay better songs than califoreigner..it's a cool song but jus from the advice from others such as classic, when he even said we should collab..if i thought u was garbage i woulda said it then..when i heard ya music i thought u had a nice flow and for classic 2 back u when he dont back many i checked u out thoroughly (if u spell it like that) and seen u had some nice tracks..but i feel u had better songs than that even though it's a nice track..so dont trip homie..u classic official i'll ride wit u even if i think it would be better not to..jus like any other of my niggas on here..

Apr 5, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I have watched people fuss about nominees and what not for the past 3 years, but to date you are the only artist (to my knowledge) who has called it bullshit cause they did not involve you personally...:confused:
yea bcuz i be grindin..thats all..and not jus me but not none of my other niggas who be grindin from bossmuzik rasan gangsta gold stormin stakk south resse rey ru tiny doo boss hogg treali duce cee wee 3 googie monsta monsta fu i could go through every set and pick out like 5 or 10 who should be recognized then shoot through the underground of s.d. and do the same then sub cities. of s.d. it's jus i never heard of a few of these cats and im surrounded by a bunch of sd music niggas right now who have never heard of the same..but it's cool not really dissin the selection but kinda downplayin it a lil bit..

Dec 9, 2008
naw homie no disrespect lol u be on that subliminal shit but im more direct than that..ur shit is not garbage or weak but i have seen post from songs and wat not that u have but i feel u have waaay better songs than califoreigner..it's a cool song but jus from the advice from others such as classic, when he even said we should collab..if i thought u was garbage i woulda said it then..when i heard ya music i thought u had a nice flow and for classic 2 back u when he dont back many i checked u out thoroughly (if u spell it like that) and seen u had some nice tracks..but i feel u had better songs than that even though it's a nice track..so dont trip homie..u classic official i'll ride wit u even if i think it would be better not to..jus like any other of my niggas on here..
no worries, but "Cali-Foreigner" was entire 12 track album....worldwide distribution, 8 weeks on the college radio charts topping out at #4.

I think your talking about the single....the entire album is what got nominated.

Nov 23, 2009
As a fan of sd rap especially the shit that comes from southeast i know how bias the sdma's are. U can tell that on the fact mc flow won 3 times for the past three years thats some bullshit. i agree 100% some of the artist that people are mentioning should have been nominated and some of the artist that are nominated shouldnt be. I just wanna say me or nobody in Black Rez knows or is connected to anybody on that panel jimmy powers put up. I didnt even submit my music to be considered. But on the other hand, for the past six or seven months we have been in and out of town doin shows almost every other weekend. Opening for big name acts like E-40, Too short, Devin the dude, Crooked I, DJ Quik, Kurupt, even the New boyz & Sean kingston. As well as rockin all the hole in the wall spots. and from doin all these shows from San Diego to Santa Barbara we got around 10,000 copies of our album floatin around southern california that we pass out for FREE because like Everybody sayin right now NOBODYS ever heard of us. Thats why i think we got the nomination.

Aug 13, 2008
www.youngmass.com
Best Hip Hop
12 Gauge Shotie - Good
Addiquit - Did not do much this year
Black Resume - OK, on the rise
Deep Rooted - Good, has done more in years past
Jimmy Powers - A BIG year on the grind... should win this hands down!
Lil Uno - Good, has done more in years past
MC Flow - Did not do much this year
Vokab Kompany - Dont rep SD hip hop

Best Hip Hop Album
Black Resume - Bar-Barian Music- Good
Bully Blinders - City of Dirt - WHO?
Higher Minds – 2012 The Burning City - WHO?
Jimmy Powers - Califoreigner - VERY GOOD
Lil Uno - The Diagnosis - Good
Outta Control – Daily Dose - VERY GOOD
Touch of Cas – The Real - WHO?
Vokab Kompany – The New Kong - Dont rep SD hip hop

Most on the grind in the city
(Twitter, Message Boards, Live shows, etc.)
Crhymes
Jimmy Powers
Vision
Shavone C
The Dudez
Black Cotton
I-Rocc
Mr. Brady

SD Hip Hop Activist
Quan Vu (SDRaps.com) - The only one that would be truly unbiased
DJ Birdy Bird (Club DJ)
CoopDVill (Siccness.net)
DJ Artistic (Club DJ)
Gas One (Radio Personality, Cartoonist, Life Coach)
Bill Knight (Radio Personality, Club DJ)
Brandy Kittle/@Brandyee (Pimpstress/Club Patron)
Mitch Slick (Hip Hop Artist)
Blame One (Hip Hop Artist)

Young Mass in todays SD Reader...
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010/jul/28/blurt2/

Feb 27, 2010
Are we talkin hip hop or gangsta rap? Best Hip Hop artist would be someone who does hip hop. Now niggas can't be mad if you don't spit hip hop. Jimmy Powers is more on that hip hop shit. Not a gangsta rapper. Twelve in my opinion is the most successful one out of the list thus far, but seems more like a gangsta rapper IMO. So whoever nominated these guys fucked up big time and seems a little confused. It's not rocket science to pick nominees for hip hop vs. nominees for gangsta rap. Can't have both on the same nomination list kus you will end up with this shit. That's like having Tommy Redding on a list with Nirvana, Metallica, Guns n Roses, etc. for Best Rock Artist/Album.

Dec 9, 2008
Are we talkin hip hop or gangsta rap? Best Hip Hop artist would be someone who does hip hop. Now niggas can't be mad if you don't spit hip hop. Jimmy Powers is more on that hip hop shit. Not a gangsta rapper. Twelve in my opinion is the most successful one out of the list thus far, but seems more like a gangsta rapper IMO. So whoever nominated these guys fucked up big time and seems a little confused. It's not rocket science to pick nominees for hip hop vs. nominees for gangsta rap. Can't have both on the same nomination list kus you will end up with this shit. That's like having Tommy Redding on a list with Nirvana, Metallica, Guns n Roses, etc. for Best Rock Artist/Album.
completely agree that there is different sub-genres of "music" in the hip hop culture for sure, but if they ain't even taking a deeper look into hip hop as a whole, they def aren't gonna create the seperate categories...to recognize each artist in his/her specific niche...

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
i have to agree...but oh well atleast its an award show going on if it wasnt we prolly complain about that lol i see progress every year big up to everybody pushing on all corners of the square...