**2010-2011 SF Giants off season thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
dfresh, you talk as if you had no clue what your talking about for example, jeter a Giant? serio? lol

anyway, Uggla turned down the marlins 4 year $48 million deal, and i have a feeling Cody Ross was the reason why. God i wish we werent stuck with rowand and zito, otherwise the Giants could take a shot at Uggla. I know, we still have Sanchez at second base and his defense is solid as fuck but Uggla mentioned that he'd be willing to move if needed to, and therefore the Giants wouldn't have the need to bring back Renteria for a reduced roll. that would be dope as fuck.

Mar 12, 2010
sign huff bring brandon belt up to play left field sign uribe tell panda to get serious and lose the baby fat otherwise we have derosa. if we can sign pat back in a diminished role that way we can bring belt in slowly like we did with posey and watch the greatness happen yet again. oh and anybody that thinks the giants are going after werth or crawford you are sadly mistaken this is not a team with a superstar this is an actual team of guys that want to be here and play not for themselves but for each other. superstars is what kept this team from getting actual world series titles in the past. do the right thing giants sign the right guys and lets repeat

Mar 12, 2010
JUST READ AN ARTICLE THAT SAID THE GIANTS HAVE CONTACTED HUFF AND URIBE BUT BOTH GUYS ARE STILL LETTING IT SOAK IN THAT THEY WON. ITS GOOD TO HEAR THE GIANTS ARE LOOKING TO GET THESE TWO GUYS BACK ON THE ROSTER

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
sign huff bring brandon belt up to play left field sign uribe tell panda to get serious and lose the baby fat otherwise we have derosa. if we can sign pat back in a diminished role that way we can bring belt in slowly like we did with posey and watch the greatness happen yet again. oh and anybody that thinks the giants are going after werth or crawford you are sadly mistaken this is not a team with a superstar this is an actual team of guys that want to be here and play not for themselves but for each other. superstars is what kept this team from getting actual world series titles in the past. do the right thing giants sign the right guys and lets repeat

Timmy, Wilson = Superstars

Posey,Cain = Stars

Feb 12, 2004
Renteria wants to comeback to the Giants. If he's willing to play for peanuts, I say yes.

WORLD CHAMPS BABY!! Every morning I wake up and tell myself that. STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 12, 2010
Timmy, Wilson = Superstars

Posey,Cain = Stars
are they really do they have the same extravagant demands that bonds had??? do they have the same mentality him or kent had where it was me first?? i could go on and on with being a 32 year old life long giants fan where the superstar guys that played here and didnt care about team and were me first guys. this team this year was not like that just a team full of characters guys you felt if you ran into them at the bar you could sit down and have a couple of drinks and have a good time with.

so i guess when i say super stars i mean guys that perform and have great stats but have extravagant demands and arent really team guys and really outside of the bay area how many could have picked brian wilson or tim lincecum out of a lineup??? and why wouldnt the work horse cain be a superstar he was down right dominant in the playoffs as well as a constant producer through out the whole season

Dec 4, 2006
dfresh, you talk as if you had no clue what your talking about for example, jeter a Giant? serio? lol

he MIGHT..don't think he is but in an article I read Sabean is keeping an eye on him....

and I was reading the news this morning...

"The Giants declined Renterias $10.5 million option for 2011, making him a free agent. The 15 year veteran was given a $500,000 buyout."

Feb 12, 2004
BRING UGGLA TO THE CITY!!!! 30hr, 90rbi, .800 ops guy who absolutely RAKES at at&t park! I read he can play 3rd base so it would be a good fit for us.

MLB.com's Joe Frisaro reports that the Marlins "may seriously consider" trading second baseman Dan Uggla this offseason.
Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million contract offer from the Marlins this weekend. He's still under team control for another year via salary arbitration, but the Fish might as well deal him now if they have no chance of locking him up long term. Uggla has tallied at least 30 home runs in each of the last four seasons and should be able to net the Marlins a few prospects. Nov. 8 - 1:08 pm et

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
this is gonna sound crazy... but what about A. Soriano and C. Zambrano to the Giants for Barry Zito and A. Rowand and a play to be named.... $$$$ wise it makes complete sense.... The 2 cubs want out of chicago, and the 2 giants need to be moved.... granted we eat a little of Zito's contract......

Am i totally crazy here? Not that it would happen... just picking the brains of the Giants faithful!

Feb 12, 2004
Isn't Soriano like 35 and his contract ends in 2014? No thanks! Zito was pretty good in the first half of the season and I think we can send Rowand back to Philly if we eat like half his contract. Zombrano is a headcase and I heard he's planning to retire soon anyways.

Dec 4, 2006
this is gonna sound crazy... but what about A. Soriano and C. Zambrano to the Giants for Barry Zito and A. Rowand and a play to be named.... $$$$ wise it makes complete sense.... The 2 cubs want out of chicago, and the 2 giants need to be moved.... granted we eat a little of Zito's contract......

Am i totally crazy here? Not that it would happen... just picking the brains of the Giants faithful!
You must be crazy....Zito needs to stay ...and Guerrero said some of the stuff i was gonna reply with.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Uggla's defense is scary though. I wouldn't mind his offensive production but he has worse defense than Panda.

Apr 25, 2002

You crazy!