::2008 SF49ERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD::

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Regular season is finally here, can't wait until sunday to see how the 9ers look in the first game. 9ers played pretty good in the preseason with the exception of the raiders game,Im anxious to see how they come out in the regular season. As long as our offense can put up some points, our D will surprise alot of people. (Pass rush probably needs the most work)

Some noteable cuts:
FB Moran Noris (keasy just outplayed him in the preseason, especially his play in special teams)
WR Ashlee lelie (I think he had 2 total catches with his stay with the niners...good ridance)
RB Thomas Clayton (Dude played real good in the preseason, but just too much depth at that spot I guess)

even with our horrible season last year, we swept the Cardinals...so i'm looking for a W on sunday

Feb 23, 2004
YEA!!!!FUCK ASHLEY..WAIST OF MONEY. i hope thomas clayton get signed to the practice squad. i really think he gots a bright future with the team. i personally like him better than deshaun foster or mike rob. that would of been a nice 1-2 punch with him and gore.also norris was good blocker...well se what happens GO NINERS !!!

Mar 13, 2003
What i like most about going into this season iS the confidence of the team...they believe they can WIN.....Lets hope the confidence level only goes up!!!

GO NINERS

Dec 9, 2005
Fuck-A-Raider !

Who's going to the home opener next sunday ?!

I'll be out there tailgating before the game, and drunk as fuck inside cheering on my squad !

Feb 23, 2004
Ahmad Brooks a 49er

It took a few years, but 49ers finally got Brooks
The 49ers claimed LB Ahmad Brooks off waivers from the Cincinnati Bengals. To make room on the 53-man roster for Brooks the 49ers waived Derek Smith Jr. LB Dontarrious Thomas.

The 49ers tried getting Ahmad Brooks in the 2006 supplemental draft but the Bengals snagged him in the third instead. Speculation was that the 49ers were ready to grab Brooks with a 4th.

In practice squad news, the 49ers also signed six to it: RB Thomas Clayton, DT Atiyyah Ellison, TE J.J. Finley, LB Larry Grant, DE Louis Holmes and WR Dominique Zeigler. THATS GREAT NEWS LOOKING BETTER GO NINERS!!!!!

Mar 26, 2006
Mike Martz

What type of offensive playbook does this guy have? Is it similar to the old westcoast style? more short game / possesion type? From what Ive read about him it seems he doesnt utilize the RB much, or was this just the case with faulk?

I think we will go good this year, I am the niners good luck charm! believe that! :p

Mar 26, 2006
also, another question, correct me if im wrong

3-4 is good for a balanced passing def and 4-3 is better option for defending against the run? Is it the case with the niners now that Nolan has his 3-4 able to adapt to any situation?

cheers

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Mike Martz

What type of offensive playbook does this guy have? Is it similar to the old westcoast style? more short game / possesion type? From what Ive read about him it seems he doesnt utilize the RB much, or was this just the case with faulk?

I think we will go good this year, I am the niners good luck charm! believe that! :p

Marts is a mastermind when it comes to offense...dudes all about ariel shows producing 4000 yd passers out of previously unknown QBs. Some do say that he doesnt use the running game much but hes vowed to make Gore the centerpiece of the offense. When you got a RB like him, how can you not use him? Gore's rushes might go down but his receptions will deff go up. Martz is a genius.

Mar 26, 2006
Marts is a mastermind when it comes to offense...dudes all about ariel shows producing 4000 yd passers out of previously unknown QBs. Some do say that he doesnt use the running game much but hes vowed to make Gore the centerpiece of the offense. When you got a RB like him, how can you not use him? Gore's rushes might go down but his receptions will deff go up. Martz is a genius.

cool, an interview I read recently he said Gore was basically a better RB than Faulk and also another interview with Gore saying he is excited to have Martz as the new OC, as well as Martz saying he will use Davis alot more.

It certainly seems we have the right coaches with Martz and Singletary, plus alot of depth on the roster.

Can't wait for our first game D:

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Co-Sign!