19 Year Old Dies after hanging head out of Window

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2003
A 19-year-old Escalon man died Tuesday afternoon in a Modesto hospital a day after he reportedly stuck his head out of a window in a moving car that struck a tree.

Edmond Bridges was pronounced dead at Doctors Medical Center at 12:55 p.m., according to Stanislaus County coroner officials.

Bridges was taken by ambulance to the hospital Monday night after suffering severe head trauma, the California Highway Patrol reported.

CHP officers at the scene arrested the driver, Donnie Boatman, 20, also of Escalon, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. As a result of Bridges' death, CHP officials said, Boatman could face vehicular manslaughter and gross negligence charges.

Boatman was booked at San Joaquin County Jail on Monday night, but has been released on bail. His bail amount was not available Wednesday night.

Car was leaving recreation area

CHP officer W. Gill said Bridges was riding in the front passenger seat of a Ford Crown Victoria that was leaving a recreation area east of Ripon shortly before 8:30 p.m. Gill said the car was going to head east on East River Road, but the driver failed to negotiate the turn and ran off the road.

Bridges stuck his head out the window as the car left the road and struck the tree, Gill said. Bridges apparently did not know how close the vehicle was to the tree.

Gill said Wednesday afternoon that investigators had not determined how fast the car was traveling, and that the crash was under investigation.

this was a dude from around the way... just saw him like 2 days before this.... the driver I've known for years and years..... I guess there was 6 people in the ride.. and my good friend was in a car behind them too... they was all leavin the kick it spot at the river where I'm at all the time.... i usually got mondays off but had to work or I woulda been at the spot for sure.... I guess dude was showin out and hangin out the window just havin fun you know there was 3 girls in the car so he probably showin off just bein young and havin fun and then bap.. a tree.... thing is the paper said the vehicle hit a tree... well i heard from them that vehicle didnt hit nothin just dudes head caught the tree and he went out the car..... the driver n passenger are good ass friends and the driver was holdin dudes head as he lay there dyin and then got arrested as his good homie is dyin.... sad sad shit man I even know the kids grandma that died... she cool as fuck..... thats crazy how fast a reality check can hit... the driver now lost his boy and is gonna be facing some serious charges most likely..... damn all what a split second can change....... anyway

RIP to Eddie....... he was a little hustler too RIP

Jan 23, 2007
Masked Lemon said:
Damn, that's worse than Lil Dan getting knocked out by a fence.

Sorry for your loss, man.

Yea gotta warn lil dan about these trees and tell him to keep practicing on them fences but dam sad way to go r.i.p. to your boy...also hope the driver dont get that man slaughter charge if it really went down like how you put it

Mar 18, 2006
daaaaamn,i cant say that a cold way to go cause he probably was smiling and shit having a good time bumpin the music,stick his head out the window and BLAP...

atleast he died havin fun.

R.I.P