WHO IS THE JAY-Z OF THE WEST COAST?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
Im talkin bay area and of course we ain't talkin bout sales.....we can't...I think this is just a flat out question just as it asks..."WHO'S THE JAYZ OF THE WESTOCAST(BAY AREA)" I SAY AS A SOLO ARTIST IT WOULD BE E40...he's the biggest artist out here.....to all that said quinn..I feel you..but 40 is the hugest artist we got...just like Jayz is the hugest artist NY got.

May 7, 2002
SoilSavy said:
Well Jay Z is terrible and who cares who resembles him on the westcoast

Once again, you cared enough to respond... for the second time. lol..

Anyway back to the thread... I think there was a lot of confusion regarding the question. We did not know if you were asking us to compare him lyrically or financially.

Nov 1, 2006
5ive1en said:
Once again, you cared enough to respond... for the second time. lol..

Anyway back to the thread... I think there was a lot of confusion regarding the question. We did not know if you were asking us to compare him lyrically or financially.
Either way it's nobody f*****' with him. Just being real. Some people want the Bay to be on so bad. They go out of their mind with ridiculous shit about how good some rappers are.

It's a trip how everybody claims how dope some rappers are but, it doesn't reflect in their sales. So, if so many people are for a particular artist go buy his f*****' record.

Siccness members will have you believing some rapper has a million fans but, he's only selling 2 and 3 thousand units. But, that's your mans. . .right?

Apr 25, 2005
In all honesty nobody from the Bay is on Jay's radar. Jay's on his way to a Billion, and last time I checked nobody is doin that in the bay. Lyrically and financially there might be people who can hang with jigga (I'm talkin in general not just the bay), but the impact he's made in the rap game can't be matched to that of anybody from the Bay. If anybody comes close its Too Short or 40.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
the thread asked about westcoast, not bay area. if its bay area then there is only one ceo that stands head and shoulders above the rest. e-40 is worth millions, has sold millions of records, owns hella businesses and has a huge company.

if this is about westcoast in general, snoop, ice cube and ice-t all rival eachother for ceo status. snoop has sold more records, but cube has stacked more paper. ice-t has been a millionaire for over 20 years. he's papered up like crazy too. but ice cube has put out a movie franchise (friday, next friday, friday after next) that have made hundreds and hundreds of million dollars world wide, and as producer and director he has more money than he could ever spend.

but i think its safe to say jigga has more loot than all of em combined.

Mar 30, 2006
I would say Snoop...But I ain't really feeling Jay-Z...When it comes to a live show..KRS-One would tear up Jay-Z...Of course Jay Z got more fame but who cares..he aint sharing..

Apr 4, 2006
jay-z deserves props for what he's done in the game...he's a legend no matter where you go in the world ppl recognize who he is and the only person from the west coast who can claim that is snoop dogg.and even then hes nowhere close to jayzs status. u may not like him but u gotta respect what hes done