WHO IS THE JAY-Z OF THE WEST COAST?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
BigDS.S.F. said:
dj pimp, that cam shit is ridiculous...
the funny thing about the cam'ron clip is he was the one that first called out jay-z for doin all the biting and in reality i dont think anyone has bitten more rhymes than cam... http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9t5JV5nMIM

but to clarify the issue of biting rhymes. back in the early 80's thru the mid 90's it was a huge no no to bite or borrow a rhyme from another mc, it was unheard of. but in the last 10 years or so, borrowin a rhyme has been done by every major rapper on the planet and is considered payin homage to the mc they're borrowing from. to take a rhyme and to put it in your own is one of the highest compliments that one could do, but there becomes a point where it is over done and i believe that jay, cam and 50 do it way to much. i really dont consider it biting as much as paying homage. people used to bite when they thought they could get away with it. but cats like 50, nas, jay and cam know that when they take a line from pun or big l its gonna be noticed right away.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
i think chino and cage could be 2 of the best ever, they just never got the right breaks. chino pissed off a lot of people over the years or he woulda been way bigger than he is right now. met him a few times and he was hella cool and very talented

Mar 5, 2005
LOL fucking biters!!

JT seems to be the one doing big things as a ceo. I really don't like his albums but gotta give credit were it's do...

Apr 30, 2003
I would have to say Cube is the closest on the most levels. Longevity, subject matter, and recognition. But Jay-z's style is quite different than west coast rappers. Jay is ill, he may not be as good as he once was but he has secured his legacy in hip-hop.

Apr 30, 2003
I would have to say Cube is the closest on the most levels. Longevity, subject matter, and recognition. But Jay-z's style is quite different than west coast rappers. Jay is ill, he may not be as good as he once was but he has secured his legacy in hip-hop. Resonable Doubt, and In my Lifetime Vol. 1. are classics no doubt.

Mar 30, 2006
Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z:

-King of their coast.
-Worldwide fanbase.
-Sell millions off their name alone.
-Well respected and well known by everyone.
-CEO's/Entrepreneurs (Music-wise and clothing-wise).
-Major influences to rap, hip-hop, and fashion.

May 4, 2005
Well Jay Z is terrible and who cares who resembles him on the westcoast that is a broad ass question. Bitch please dont even talk about ignorant, your so fuckin stupid the last time you looked in the mirror you didnt realize it was your fuckin reflection mark ass.