WHO IS THE JAY-Z OF THE WEST COAST?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
ahah damn this is getting crucial. i would say Snoop and Ice Cube. Fuckin Jay-Z album is fuckin shit up with those dre beats though. but he do got it though. he worth wha 400 million and he co owner of the nets and a ceo of def jam. He is in commercials. who fucks wit it though.evertime this nigga do something everyone copies. this man is a trendsetter. he got everyone wearing rocawear and jean jacket fits and dont lie you know yo ass had a roca wear jean jacket fit. he dont even have to rhyme anymore. Who can actually go from rags to riches and almost half of a billionaire. and what bay rapper can actually make a mill in one day. Jay-Z at the end of the day $400,000,000.00 thats nine figures. at the most for the west coast ice cube and snoop

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
THAT WAS REALLY WHAT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT. CATS KEEP SAYIN NAMES LIKE QUINN OR JT MUST OF MISSED THE POINT. THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT WHO CAN CEO LIKE JIGGA. JIGGA DID ALL THOSE THINGS U SAID, PLUS HE'S TAPPIN BEYONCE AND RUNS DEF JAM... NUFF SAID. HATE ON THAT IF YALL WANT BUT FOR SOMEONE WHO SUPPOSEDLY SUCKS, HE SEEMS TO BE DOING SOMETHIN RIGHT. HOV IS THAT MUTHA FUCKA IN THE RAP GAME THAT NOBODY CAN DENY

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
No one, its fun to root for the home team and all that but no one in the bay will probably never touch as much loot as jigga has in his career as far as hip hop goes. We need someone like Jay Z in our corner though if we ever expect to be some real factors in this business though that mutherfucker pretty much runs the whole enchalada

BTW everyone saying Jay Z sucks get real, numbers don't lie folks. Hes one of the sellingist (if that is a real word) recording artists of all time and hands down the smartest businessmen in the the history of rap music.The man is a household name, old fuckin ladies from tim buck too know who Jay Z is. Anyone who says he sucks obviously hasn't heard one of his albums front to back and only heard his radio shit, Jay Z is a very clevor lyricyst whos made more cash offa ghostwriting for people than probably every top bay rapper put together has made period

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
The closest would obviously be Dr Dre as far as the west coast goes and Snoop since Master P taught him alot after being screwed over by Shug Knight so I've heard in interviews and shit. No one in the bay has really done it like that in a minute, theres alot of shoulda been and coulda beens in the bay for whatever reason.

Nov 1, 2006
Look, man, there's is no Jay-Z of the West Coast. The West is still trying to re-assert itself as dominant region in the rap game.

As far as the list of people that some of you are saying is better than Jay-Z. None of them are. That's just being real. Man, some of are mentioning Quinn and I understand some of you are big Quinn fans, but, Quinn couldn't hold Jigga's jock strap. Be for real. Everything that comes out of Quinn's mouth isn't lyrical or some dope ass sixteen. That's just being real. This nigga Jigga got a long resume. That's why when Nas dropped Ether that would've ended any other artists' career. But, Jigga got so many hits and platinum records. Couldn't no other artist have rebounded from a song like Ether. It would've been a done deal.

If you want to compare somebody from the West coast to Jigga in the categories he mentioned . . .you can't. Because there is no rapper who is a C.E.O who is putting up Jigga's numbers in record sales and getting money like Jigga.

When it's on the West again and Power house labels re-emerge out here. Then, we can have this discussion again and we'll be able to throw some names out there.

You can always tell when a region isn't on because when a region is on they don't have a lot of features with artists from other areas. They fuck with their own. But, when they're not on they try to have these big features from other areas so, their name can stay poppin'.

Oct 14, 2004
No-one the West has fallen off and made way for the South. Plus why would you want to be compared to that fag anyway. Raided still a beast but how can he make shit crack from a cell? No tour no promo shit. D.E. is tight. Like I said before Cube is horrible and Snoop doesnt even know where he is half the time.

Feb 13, 2006
why we trying to figure out who the west coast version of jay z is, when we all know that he wouldnt be as big as he is now if pac never died. much respect to jay z, cause im a fan and all. but a lot of cats did their best to impersonate pac after his passing.

Feb 28, 2006
first person to come in my mind was quinn I GUESS since i couldnt really think of anyone coming close at all. but i just remembered listening to that new Ya Boy Ch 1. The Rise mixtape (shits pretty hard). if Ya Boy is given the opportunity and time, him lyrically can be compared. i mean, look @ jay'z's resume... whoever could be compared to him should be a hiphop icon.