The Official 2013 NBA Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Sterling banned for life. NBA league/refs gonna help the clippers in tonight's game in celebration? I have a funny feeling Warriors are gonna get called for the same type/amount of fouls in Game 2. We'll see.

But on a serious note I'm glad that dude got banned. It's some bullshit for him to view colored people as modern day slaves.
the league had to respond but
it sucks that everyone took action only when he was caught saying shit
how about when he was actively discriminating against minorities in housing?
no one, including the league, had anything to say about that.
was it because it didn't involve the rich and famous (magic)?
at the end of the day, dudes on the clippers are still cashing his checks so it must not have been that offensive to hear, this is all a BS reaction IMO

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
damn, silver put the smackdown. lifetime ban, 2.5 mil fine and forced to sell the team.
2.5 is chump change to that guy, lifetime ban doesn't mean much. I'm sure dude wouldn't wanna go to games anyways now. Also, I haven't seen anything that says he was forced to sell the team...

I'm not saying the punishment was too light, just that there's really not much they can do to punish him

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2013
silver is a lawyer, I really doubt he'd go this route if it had a chance of blowing up in his face. this shit not going his way would pretty much end his career as new nba commissioner, he'll be a joke if it doesn't go his way.

Paragraph 13 of the NBA Constitution gives the owners the authority to force a sale under special circumstances.

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, NBA owners also have the right, by three-fourths vote, to revoke ownership if an owner "fails to fulfill" a "contractual obligation" in "such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely."
Article 14 Sec J states in part "..each Member and Owner waives any and all recourse to any court of law to review any such decision."
Corona, insurance giant State Farm, carmaker Kia, AQUAhydrate, a company that sells enhanced water, energy drink company Red Bull, Sprint and Lumber Liquidators, a hardwood flooring company, are all reportedly suspending their sponsorships with the team. LoanMart, an auto title loan company, also wrote on its Facebook page that it's suspending its advertising and marketing relationship with the Clippers and monitoring the situation. In addition, Yokohama Tire Corporation is suspending its sponsorship, company announced in a statement.

Late Monday, Samsung also announced it had decided to suspend its advertising campaign both at Clippers games and on TV while the Clippers play, according to Businessweek.

"CarMax finds the statements attributed to the Clippers' owner completely unacceptable. These views directly conflict with CarMax's culture of respect for all individuals," a CarMax spokeswoman wrote in an email to HuffPost. "While we have been a proud Clippers sponsor for 9 years and support the team, fans and community, these statements necessitate that CarMax end its sponsorship."
I'd say this ^^^ along with the players association threatening a boycott, more than adversely affects the nba. he's done.

and if the nba really wanted to, they can just contract the team. so he'd still own it, but would no longer be part of the nba.

anyway, I have to root against dallas after seeing this:

Last edited:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
As coach Popovich said, every team struggles at one time during the year, and he expects us to be in the eastn finals again. We played amazing the first 3 quarters of the season and struggled late. I think we will be aight, even when we was sturgglin we still managed to beat up on the Thunder and Heat aswell so its not like we aint been able to beat anyone good. I think guys where worn down and our offense just hit a skid at a bad time, at the end of the day though we did exactly as we said we would do BEFORE the season started, get that 1 spot and have homecourt if we face Miami (after losing in game 7 on the road last year).
damn bro it might be a wrap for the pacers

the fall off at the end of the regular season continues

they were looking at Miami so much that they forgot about the hawks lol

Jan 18, 2006
Theres 5 game 7's in the 1st round of the playoffs this year with a chance to be 6. Jesus fucken christ. Once upon a time it was a breeze for higher seeded teams for the most part to advance in the 1st round. Just shows the NBA made a great decision to change the format from the best of 5 to the best of 7 in the 1st round.

Last edited: