Tech should crack billboard top 5, maybe as high as 3.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2007
yeah. not surprising for a release on a 20 year old international indie label with deep pockets by an artist that got national exposure via the likes of Jimmy Fallon and that has a former Interscope marketer as a manager.

...totally a reason to be completely dismissive of Tech's success. |:-\
This

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
So if I'm believing this Strange street team e-mail I just received, Tech really does have a chance to hit that #3-#5 mark on the Top 200 chart. Guess if we have any friends on the fence about buying it, better get 'em to do so before next week.

Nov 14, 2002
Are charts relevant in this day in age, really? There are so many new factors in album sales and revenue that chart sales don't seem to mean much.

I imagine that there are so many ways to gauge success now (Twitter followers, internet pre-orders, Facebook, etc.), that chart placing would be a just a small portion of a much larger picture.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Well seeing as how internet pre-orders would factor into the charts (more relevantly, sales) those alone would be irrelevant. You can't use Twitter or Facebook to gauge anything either, really. It's free to sign up on both of those services and it just takes a click to follow/like an artist. You know there's people with multiple accounts too. I mean... Lil Wayne has 26,987,513 likes on Facebook. Do you think this is a relevant number? There's no way that nearly 27 million people are buying his albums, and combining all of his shows, I doubt he even comes close to 10 percent of that in attendance a year.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I didn't say that it's the only factor that should be taken into account, but I do think it's still the most important indicator and most verifiable or whatever. I think perhaps the biggest flaw with Sales is that it doesn't take into account when someone buys 3 tracks off of an album and not the entire album. Though I guess something could be said in response to that about them not making good enough music for a fan to want to buy the whole album.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I have had a ton of great teachers, but the one Kain reminds me the most of sometimes is this Bio teacher I had my first year of college.

She spoke loudly and monotone in a 12x12 classroom with no sound proofing, just concrete blocks for a wall and no windows. She made my head hurt every time she spoke.

To boot, she was a Harvard grad working at a small community college in Arkansas, so the vicious way in which she spoke to inquisitive students was second only to the hatred she had for teenagers.

Nov 5, 2006
I have had a ton of great teachers, but the one Kain reminds me the most of sometimes is this Bio teacher I had my first year of college.

She spoke loudly and monotone in a 12x12 classroom with no sound proofing, just concrete blocks for a wall and no windows. She made my head hurt every time she spoke.

To boot, she was a Harvard grad working at a small community college in Arkansas, so the vicious way in which she spoke to inquisitive students was second only to the hatred she had for teenagers.
That sounds like a very depressing classroom