Zuffa Purchases Strikeforce

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
The business of MMA isn't what a lot of people think it is. You can't pay these guys what other companies try to throw at them and what a lot of these guys "think" they're worth because the money ISN'T THERE right now. If you're not making money in your chosen profession then GET ANOTHER JOB because it is what it is, no one comes to my place of employment to tell my boss that I'm not making enough money, it's like the NFL lock out, just play the fucking game cause I don't care about the other silly shit that has nothing to do with my personal finance.

People pay money to watch the UFC and the UFC only. You can host a UFC here with a solid main event, some local fighters on the undercard against mediocre fighters, and maybe a decent co main event and it sell out without a blink of an eye. Then host half of the heavyweight tournament that Strikeforce is putting on with Henderson defending his title in the main event in the same arena and I'm sure you'd trouble selling it out. Is it right? Probably not but it's business.

If you want to "compete" with the UFC then know your limits and know that the marketplace isn't about fighters like a lot of fanboys would love to think it is, it's about the UFC and the fighters on the card are secondary (for the most part). The UFC builds their brand first and the fighters second, they've been successful in doing it should continue doing it judging by the fact that besides a minor group online, who'll probably watch their shows regardless, people are loving the UFC right now.

Dec 25, 2003
1. These people who think the UFC can be compared with other sports are trippin.

Major sports have commissions and governing bodies to decide shit.

The UFC has Dana White. Who has heard of people being banned from other sports for personal beefs with governing officials?

Its like no, you cant do this or that because Dana White said so.

2. This is gonna lead to less fights on TV, and thus, people seeing less fights in general. UFC fucks with who, Spike TV and thats it? And they have hella fights and undercards they dont broadcast. They would rather play a 3 hour run up to the next UFC for 3 weeks straight than broadcast an old event. At least Bellator and Strikeforce broadcast as much as they can.

3. This monopoly will not benefit the fighters or the fans. Only Zuffa.

4. Id like to see a UFC competing superleague combine out of all the other smaller leagues. Only then would they be forced to compete instead of just muscling everyone else out and broadcasting fight run-ups that are essentially commercials disguised as specials.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^exactly. with how big MMA is becoming and now theres no competition to the ufc anymore only bigger things will open up. i highly doubt ufc is trying to get this big just to stay with a couple programs. maybe they'll get a shotime deal or even HBO ya never know. all i know is there will definitely be more fights with more stacked cards and for that im happy.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
Now the shitty Strikeforce production can improve. Get rid of that stupid elevated entrance ramp, pyro and stupid DJ during round breaks.
USUALLY I AGREE WITH YOU BRO...BUT IM WORN THIN ON THE GLADIATOR THEME AND CHEESY ROMAN THEME SONG, THE FIRST FEW HUNDRED TIMES I HEARD IT...I THINK WHEN ZUFFA HAD THE RAMPS AND THE PYROS, IT WAS THE MOST EFFORT THEY EVER PUT INTO THEIR PRODUCTIONS...UFC DEFINITELY GOTTA COME UP WITH A NEW FORMULA.

Dec 30, 2003
USUALLY I AGREE WITH YOU BRO...BUT IM WORN THIN ON THE GLADIATOR THEME AND CHEESY ROMAN THEME SONG, THE FIRST FEW HUNDRED TIMES I HEARD IT...I THINK WHEN ZUFFA HAD THE RAMPS AND THE PYROS, IT WAS THE MOST EFFORT THEY EVER PUT INTO THEIR PRODUCTIONS...UFC DEFINITELY GOTTA COME UP WITH A NEW FORMULA.
why? i think playing a song and coming out to fight is enough.... no flashy fireworks... this aint wwe

Jan 2, 2004
I'm hoping eventually the UFC takes all of Strikeforce's good fighters and turns Strikeforce into a feeder minor league type system.

Keep the Challengers thing going.. And have some good guys who just had a couple losses in the UFC.. Instead of completely losing out on a job.. They can now go to SF and fight and still make money.

People before the merge were afraid to sign with Strikeforce if they wanted back in the UFC because that would mean they would be stuck in a contract.. Now they can win a few fights, and come back.

You'd still have exciting fights, good name fighters, but the elite guys would all be in the UFC.

Dec 19, 2006
It's all good with UFC & SF under 1 banner as long as personal individual issues do not get involved(which usually involves money or clash of personalities).But none the less MMA will grow more popular with more fights and more talented fighters.It's a never ending growth of evolution in combat sports and there are always alternatives of companies with open arms to accept you into their org. they're building.