Zigidy Rips Smoov E A New Asshole

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Smoov-E just took off though, Zigidy was left waaaayyy behind.

I'd gotten into KYHOMPB & the first one when he'd just made em avail. on cdbaby (2000 i think). I laced a few dub tapes of mixed tracks to friends in my town and they were also impressed. THe production was kinda weird, a bit spooky and pervy i dunno how to describe it maybe that's the best descript yet? i.e. different drumkits auditioned, using orchestral vibes in weird ways but it worked. Im thinkin more of KYHOMPB on that but still that Heave Ho, Frosty, Smoove Like Water.. tracks with Nicky, Lay, Raided, all go. That Four leaf clover tune. I used to think, fuck, i make better beats than that, this shit is so simple, a bit out there, but it works.

I've not listened to anything of his since Confessions i think mainly cause of the way they were marketed. I looked at em and thought. No, not for me. Maybe judged too quick i dunno.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
Smoov-E just took off though, Zigidy was left waaaayyy behind.

I'd gotten into KYHOMPB & the first one when he'd just made em avail. on cdbaby (2000 i think). I laced a few dub tapes of mixed tracks to friends in my town and they were also impressed. THe production was kinda weird, a bit spooky and pervy i dunno how to describe it maybe that's the best descript yet? i.e. different drumkits auditioned, using orchestral vibes in weird ways but it worked. Im thinkin more of KYHOMPB on that but still that Heave Ho, Frosty, Smoove Like Water.. tracks with Nicky, Lay, Raided, all go. That Four leaf clover tune. I used to think, fuck, i make better beats than that, this shit is so simple, a bit out there, but it works.

I've not listened to anything of his since Confessions i think mainly cause of the way they were marketed. I looked at em and thought. No, not for me. Maybe judged too quick i dunno.
Check out Assuefatto. Nick Peace did most of the beats (maybe co-produced by smoov-e i dunno). Lots of movie score samples. I think it's his best overall album and is a good mix of his gangsterish style and weird style.