Yo boy did it! Got that first deal ya!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Matai

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2002
www.myspace.com
Man I truly appreciate each and every comment fa reals! I been on siccness since day one and I've gotten the opportunity to work so many of you cats and still do! I saw my little brother Dramuh grow up and be a man (become Royalty) and look at him now! Got a deal as well! Ask him one day how scared we was when they walked us into San Quentin to perform though! hahaha... One of the best shows ever!

I'm still miles away from anything big but the love this label gave me and the crazy part is that all they wanted at first was to buy 1 song and ended up signing me for two projects...we got radio, tv, magazine, mobile and more from these cats lined up and a promo tour for early next year! I couldn't even get a dollar to buy a cheeseburger in my own home town and not once did someone put me on because I was either not latin enough, black enough, r&b enough and all kind of shit! Hell, we had Universal Latino almost locked down and all of a sudden my style wasn't Latin enough in their eyes.

I've always encouraged fellow artists to seek life outside the Bay and the US because you have no clue how much you can win by leaving this place and having your hard work being played by people who don't even speak your language and singing along to your shit! Hate is what kills us and not being smart about your business side of things will never let you succeed playas! Think big because you only get one chance to live!

The reason the company hit me was because the president of the company purchased 5 cds' the very single moment it dropped on cdbaby but the crazy part was that we were selling out and continue to do well and the majority of my sales were from Japan, China, Germany and CANADA bought the hell out my new album. So dude thought that he can make it go big in Japan and after negotiating for several weeks and after several last minute phone calls to Greg G and my cousin Bash...we signed and got blessed. But before that I hooked up with several DJ's in Tokyo via-myspace, shot them some singles and 5,000 flyers and they helped me build a little Japanese street team that I can't wait to meet! I just knew that I had to take a different route with mine and its paying off because you can always come home and the opportunity to get on with a major here is better.. Example "M.I.A"... But most importantly, MY MANAGER FAE, T&J MANAGEMENTS JOHN ORTIZ AND MY DAWG FO' LIFE HERM LOU made sure my ass didn't give up and still do and they work they asses off for me as if they were the artists. You have to have a strong team who believes in your shit more than you do and a team that will keep it real and not just tell you what you wanna hear! if you suck, they'll tell you, if you skinny go work out and eat right and if you slackin', get yo' ass to the studio no matter what you feel like and stay busy!

DJ Pimp, you a real cat and I've always appreciated you pimp and we will connect shortly and work together mane!

DL Da Arsun...my brother from another mother! This cats has seen me go back and forth, up and down and hit a zillion road blocks with this so-called career but always stood by me and my movement! Don't sleep on my boy DL ya cause my dude got real spits!

SHEA! I love you to death mane and we been at this crazy music shit FO' EVA!!! hahaha..But if I got it, you got it 2!

Thank ya again and I'll continue to keep ya posted!

GMG West in Asia again fa sho!!!!!!