Ya Boy Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
So the other day my roomate and i were talking about ya boy and his dopeness. And my roomate says that his manager is Spencer from the MTV show "The HILLS" That dudes kind of a mark, but hes got a connection more than most ppl out here to hollywood. If that dude can manage him right and get him soem meetings with big people, that could be good. But from what i seen on his show he be sitting around the house alot. LOL.

Anybody know if this is true, and before a couple months ago i didnt have a computer and hadnt been on siccness for like two years, so i might be tardy but i am just wondering if its true.

AND YES I HAVE WATCHED THE HILLS MORE THAN ONCE. LOL I HAVE A 20 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND. ITS NOT SOMETHING I TURN ON IN MY SPARETIME, I ASSUME I WILL TAKE SOME HEAT FROM YOU GUYS THOUGH> HAHA

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
ya boy has tons of connections. last time we spoke he told me his management also manages fat joe and eve but him and spencer are in eachothers top 10. ya boy has always been a master at networking. he knows so many people in and out of the business. he also works 24/7. i know spencer does manage his lady heidi, so its very possible

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
ya boy has tons of connections. last time we spoke he told me his management also manages fat joe and eve but him and spencer are in eachothers top 10. ya boy has always been a master at networking. he knows so many people in and out of the business. he also works 24/7. i know spencer does manage his lady heidi, so its very possible
^^if its fat joes manager then i know dude my pops deals with him

dude also manages Busta Rhymes

Oct 27, 2007
Ya Boy has a ton of good tracks. Maybe if your into lyrical, deep, poetic verses he's not for you, but he's got a lot of good one liners.

"Police know me by my first and my last name
So when I see them I try to walk out the back way
Stay out their pathway, I ain't been to jail yet,
But they want me bad because they know I'm the mailman
A lil different than Karl Malone
Cuz the logo on my shirt aint a saxophone
I'm outside with a pack and the ratchet homes
And I ain't leaving til the motherfucking sacks is gone
I'm outside like birds and bees
Fuck school, math class is the birds and ki's
Science class on the curb with the herbs and trees
Graduated from the streets, masters degree"

- From The Hood

Pretty sick verse. I could find a better one definitely but this one came to mind off the top of my head. I think dude brings fire

Feb 12, 2003
I think rookie of the year has a ton of slaps on it. Full of DOPENESS. I actually never listened to him til two weeks ago i got that album. Hes got a clean flow, i think he gets good beats on his tracks too which is more than i can say for alot of artists out here right now. All ive heard is that one album though, havent heard any mixtape songs or features. But he has good wordplay and a overall good sound in my opinion. He doesnt sound extra flamboyant which doesnt put him above my favorite bay artists, but i think that hes not as over the top as some guys sound that he could catch on nationwide. I think with some bay artists ppl outside our region arent used to a different voice and flow so they just stay with ordinary sounding rappers. Not saying ya boy is ordinary he jsut sounds less flashy with his voice and his flow. Compared to like E40 Turf Talk FAB Keak ETC who all have unique voices.

Mar 4, 2007
everyone has there opinion on yb some think hes raw some think hes alright..honestly if your talkin about flows his flow has progressed from the start i mean thats IMO if you listen to rookie of the year he does have some sick shit on there and his flow is good but now listen to some of his new shit he has become more about tellin lil stories thru his rhymes and jus all metaphorical...but honestly thats jus IMO everyone has there own way of lookin at ya boy but this is jus me...

Dec 2, 2006
demolition men mixtape with big rich and killa keise.

i think track 9. he spit fire! frisco in the area! ya boy got the heat to be on a major imo. wether he brings it everytime is another thing. but who does! and yeah, big rich showed hes ready too. id have to say thats the best mix tape to come out in a few years, imo. its called block tested, hood approved.

Apr 14, 2006
I have a Ya Boy question. Can someone show me a track that displays his "dopeness"? I always see people raving about him but everytime i hear him it's boring as fuck. He sounds like a member of Gamblaz/Fully Loaded that couldn't make the cut.

Someone show me something to make me see otherwise.
Holla at Ya Boy is dope!